The Camera Whiz, Inc. / Fraud

1 83 Ave. OBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-425-9933

I ordered a Garmin Nuvi-750 GPS on line.
After placing the order I received a call from a company rep. stating that I needed additional memory to make the unit work.
I contacted Garmin direct and was told that the information from Camera Whiaz was a lie.
They charged my credit card $80.00 for a $12.00 SD memory card.
I will never deal with them again.

Fl

Comments

• Je
      18th of Nov, 2008

He has a real complaint i have been dealing with a bunch crooks in new york
    almost all the camera places pull same trick sell unit aT fair price then try to jam you wait wait wait the oh you need this or its been back ordered

I have filed complaint on several of these crooks but have very little sucesss
    with the attorney generals off, i would be willing to go there with group to end thede crooks they are nothing but crime

I ORDER ONE FROM 86TH STREET PHOTO AND RUN ARROUND SINCE MAY FOR ORDER SAME OLD 5 WEEKS MORE .

23rd of Nov, 2008

I ordered from this company 2 weeks ago. I got what i thought was a great deal on a Nikon DSLR, when I called to "Confirm the Order" they tried to upsell everything. Several of the items i had already shopped and knew they were over priced. I talked them down to fair prices, then the bill came and they charged my card more than the price we agreed to. To top it off the camera came, and does not work, and the 18-55mm lens does not work either. I paid more for a broken camera, lens, and accessories than if i had bought new.

Please Google the name of this company and see all the names it operates under, and all the people it has stolen from.

DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS COMPANY!!!

• To
      8th of Jan, 2009

Purchased a Garmin Nuvi 880 at what appeared to be a competitive price $350 and change. Received that same confirmation call and was told by some slimey little wet back that I needed a 2gb memory card. Was told that I also needed an in car charger. I believ the crook said that was $140. The $350 and change purchase ended up at $768.99.
    Searching the web now after the fact; I see those 2gb chips going for as low as $6's. I called the Vermin up and got the brush off obviously.I also called Garmin and asked them if that chip was needed; the answer was a most deffinate:'NO".
    I guess the old saying that: 'You snooze; you loose' has come to haunt me. I am quite certain that I and other persons dealing with these bums have no recourse.

T. H. Bennett 111