The Bulldog Exchange / False advertisement

1 Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

i am NOT one of the victims only because i got to these articles the day of faxing in the purchasing info. here is a link to some reviews i quickly found by simply putting the company name on google:

/URL removed/

hope this reaches some of you in time

Comments

• St
      5th of Dec, 2008

I am writing in response to some of the negative comments that have been posted against The Bulldog Exchange and it's employees. For every negative comment that has been written, there are hundreds upon hundreds of customers throughout the United States that are just thrilled with their dogs that were purchased from us. In fact, many of our customers have gone on to purchase second puppies. Our referral business is about 35 % . The negative comments represent about 1/100% (if that) of our customer base.

It is human nature to look for and believe only the negative.

We provide a written guarantee that "every" customer signs when purchasing a puppy from us. We stand behind our guarantee 100% . In fact, we guarantee certain things as breeders that other breeders don't. This particular breed of dog does come with the possibility of having issues that bulldogs have. It is not a secret that they can and often do have issues. It is also the repsonsibility of the person purchasing one of our puppies to understand the breed. If the breed isn't understood by the people who purchase them and if the puppies or dogs aren't cared for properly, issues can escalate and problems become more severe.

More often then not our customers do not send in the required paperwork. We have our dogs vet checked 24 - 48 hours prior to their going to their new families and health certificates are issued. It is the responsibility of each owner to have their new puppy checked my their vet. This is a check and balance system. It clearly states in our guarantee that the customer has to do this. Those customers that don't follow the steps that we require are the first customers to complain when issues present themselves and our guarantee becomes null and void if this step isn't completed by the customer. It is in black and white.. clearly visible and "every" customer signs it.

I am not saying that we are perfect; and I am not saying that there are customers who haven't had issues with our puppies. I am simply saying that bulldogs, miniature and otherwise can sometimes have a set of bulldog problems that are unique to this breed. They are the most wonderful pets..and we do everything that is within our power to insure their good health. Some of what is written in a negative manner is completely erronious and grossly exaggerated. Keep in mind that there are two sides to every story and just because you write something doesn't mean that it is necessarily true.

We have a state of the art kennel...People marvel at the beauty of it all and to say that it is absolute perfection is an understatement. We give our puppies and our breeding dogs love, the best food, the best vet care; we socialize our puppies beyond what any breeder does with their puppies and their temperaments are so incredible. We love what we do and it is evidenced by the very vast majority of those customers that purchase their puppies from us.

We have neglected to repsond to these reports mostly in part because they have been few and far between, comparatively speaking.

Sincerely yours,
    The Bulldog Exchange

• Sh
      9th of Feb, 2009

I am a VICTIM of the bulldog exchange. Stacey is a liar and a cheat! They took 2500.00 from me and never sent me a dog!!! And after saying she would give me my money back they file a dispute and now I am paying a lawyer to take them to court...it will cost me more to do this but THEY WILL NOT get my money! DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!

• We
      28th of Feb, 2009

What a bunch of crap they've posted up there. I too am a victim of Stacey's lies at the Bulldog Exchange. I paid a $1250.00 deposit for a puppy I was supposed to get in March and have since heard they were shut down because they were running a puppy mill. I hope they are in jail for how they treated those animals but I doubt we're that lucky. Their web site is gone, Stacey's phone is not working and she won't return my e-mails. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and filed a complaint with every agency imaginable. I don't know if I will ever see my money again but I do hope I can warn as many people as possible to prevent this from ever happening again. They don't care anything about those dogs, they were just making money and scamming people.

4th of May, 2009

wow, i am so grateful that i did not purchase from or give money from these people. I thought it was weird when Stacey was sending me pictures of "male" puppies and on their website the same picture listed the puppy as a female. I hope no one even considers getting a puppy from them!! I had a couple of friends who were looking at their website.. i will be sure to warn them.

• Bu
      5th of May, 2009

HA! I picked out a pup from them that was a boy and then she called and told me it was girl and she apologized for any inconveince. When my puppy arrived "she" was a "he" again!!! I contacted Stacey to let her know. I kept the puppy regardless of his sex but thought it was very unprofessionalo f them to make so many mistakes.UGH! Luckily he is healthy and happy, but certainly not "mini" He is 70lbs!

• Je
      10th of Jul, 2009

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING... I have to say that The Bulldog Exchange has been wonderful to us! We got the puppy we asked for and he is happy and healthy ...and adorable. Our transaction with them was as smooth as can be. We could not be happier! We are thinking about getting another one through them. Just like anything else. On here you will probably hear people complain but do you ever here someone say they are happy? Like going into a store, if you get bad service, you tell 20 people, if you get good or ok service, how many do you tell? really? one? maybe 2? you are only hearing complaints here people. how about the hundreds that are extremely happy?? loosen up and enjoy life... and your happy bulldog :)
    -in Jersey

• Al
      17th of Jul, 2009

"jerseygirl1"

You are very blessed to have had a good experience, however many others are not "The Bulldog Exchange" and all its fake affiliates are under investigation, have been shut down and as of Saturday one of the owners "evan quintavella" is potentially looking at felony charges for moving out of his foreclosed home and abandoning a starving bulldog in a cage with no access to food. If you review the reports you will understand that your a lucky customer and many others have suffered major pain from these scam artists.

• Cr
      15th of Dec, 2009

I'm really sad for all the pups and owners who has suffered because of these breeders. I purchased my bulldog back in Aug. 06. She is a happy, healthy 32lb. Bundle of Joy! I feel really blessed to have her having heard all of the bad reports of later bred pups. I have to say that when she was about 6 months she did have a cherry eye, which my vet said was very common in certain breeds of dogs(bulldogs, cockers, pugs, many more droopy eyed dogs). He put her to sleep and fixed her eye within 15-20 min($60). He said she would never have that again in that eye and she hasn't. I'm very sorry for all of you whom have had problems, but I am very happy with my pup. She is small and stocky and has a great personality. I give GOD all the glory for me having her and her being one the healthy dogs from that breeder. I originally picked out a different pup and the day before she was to be put the plane, Stacy called and said she had a heart murmur and she couldn't send her to me that I could choose another one. At first I was so disappointed I told her I didn't want another one to just send me my money back. She said ok. Well I really had been counting the days down until I got her and was so sad that I went back to her website and picked out another dog. She sent me lots of pictures of her and looking back now she was so much smaller than the 1st one I picked. I'm not sure if Stacey was lying or what but I do know that God was in control and I thank him everyday for her.

3rd of Mar, 2010

There are too many mistakes for her to professional...The male we picked out went to somewhere else and we got someone elses male, she sent us a sick bulldog, and none of them are under 50 lbs that she stated they would be. After sending you your dog she does not return calls or emails..hmmmm makes ya wonder doesn't it ? And for the lady in the first post. Good for you but for every good report there have been 100 bad reports from them. They are being charged by the police???? Hello obviously they think they are doing something wrong too. Please don't belittle all these peoples suffering by saying they are just ###. You try having a sick dog that could die 3 days after getting it and see how you feel!
    Samantha

3rd of Mar, 2010

And as for Stacey and Evan ..If you have done nothing wrong contact all these people I dare ya ..
    Samantha

13th of Jun, 2010

I got a female, she was born August 30th 2007. She flew from Florida to NY on Oct 31st 2007.
    A week later had pneumonia, which she pulled through. Now she is 3 and been having issues, which the VET can't seem to pinpoint what the problem is...They seem to think she epileptic or has a brain tumor - we are in the process of testing her to find out.

Im curious to know if there are other dogs born around the same date and if they have any problems?

• La
      24th of Jun, 2010

I recieved a male bulldog from them at the end of August 2007. He was born in June and he has had health problems from the beginning. The day I got him, he was extermelly sick with giardia. We then recieved another female bulldog with giardia 2 week later. Unfortunately, I do not know how she is doing. She wasn't able to get along with other dogs and was rehome to wonderfull family that had just lost there bulldog. She is in a home all her own and I will contact them to see how she is doing. Last I heard she was doing wonderful and being spoiled rotten with a princess bed. Back to my male bulldog, when he was 3 months old he got cherry eyes. He has had surgery on them 3 times and they will not stay in. Still to this day they are out. His eye lids are also turned inward so that he is unable to heal all the way from surgeries. At 6 months we thought we would lose him due to an infection from the cherry eyes. I notice one night that he had a hole in his eye, by the next morning when I took him to the vet, they said that they thought the infection could be in his brain. He was rushed to surgery again. Thankfully he come out ok. Unfornately, he is losing his eye sight from all the surgeries and not being able to make his own tears. We decieded that we would leave them out until they stop work. He now has to deal with eye drops twice a day for the rest of his life. When he was a little bit over a year he fell over and wouldn't get up. After months of test they found out that he has hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia. Because of the fact that the didn't show any sign of it he has arthritis in all of his joints. He now has to take pills for the rest of his life. He has skin issues that include infections between his toes. My poor bulldog has spend most of his life in a cone and not being able to interact with my other dogs due to his hips and elbows as well as a normal 3 year old would. Our vets and my goals are just to give him the best we can until he can't make it anymore. I hate seeing a 3 year old dog not being able to move or see however, this is the life he will live. Our vet doesn't hold out much hope that he will make it over the age of 5. Our goal right now is to give him the best life we can and to prolong his life as much as we can. Thankfully he is getting better. However, he wouldn't be having to go through all this if the breader would not have been breading unhealth animals in an unhealth environment. These people are on the same yard as back yard breaders or even worst. They shouldn't be allowed to do this to any creatures. The best justice would be for them to have to suffer at least half the pain and anguish that any of these dogs are suffering through everyday. Something has to be done to insure that they are never allowed to be around animals and harm another living creature. Unfortuately, they have not only harmed or hurt the animals but us as well on a daily base. When we are the ones suffering with the animals by loving them and having to sit there watching them suffer while trying to do everything we can to make their life better and to remove the pain. Unfortunately, the only way we can stop them or others like them is through the justice system to insure this doesn't continue to happen to other animals and people.

• Yv
      9th of Dec, 2010

I too purchased a Mini Bulldog from stacey ... I had my first argument with her reguarding the "all inclusive" price of 2400.00 US, she wanted nearly 350 more to ship the puppy I had picked out... I refused to pay her anything more and told her if shipping my puppy would cost me anything I would cover the cost once he arrived in Canada. Well it cost me 75 Can. for the duty papers and nothing at the airport to get him ...???? thought she was full of her self then and became very rude to deal with, as did Evan once I decided to contact him ... well after taking my puppy to get checked out ..I was told he had an American chip in him ( does me no good in another country )..not the International one they promised, and I recieved papers for a different puppy ...and not even the papers for the other puppy that traveled that day with my dog !!! And as much as I love my dog ( and I am a cat person first ) and I do totally adore him, he is NOT a Miniture by no means ...he grew to be almost 16.5 inches and weighs in at a whopping 67 pounds and other than a skin issue he is a very happy big boy that everyone loves