The Bulldog Exchange / sick mini bulldog

1 7686 Cedar Hurst Ct Lake Worth, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 754.214.9992

DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THE INTERNET OR THE BULLDOG EXCHANGE. BE CAREFUL.
Hello
We are from Toronto, Canada... Me and my husband bought a mini bulldog from the bull dog exchange. From Stacey.

At frist she pretends to be so nice as we pick out our puppy. The day our puppy arrived from a flight that was suppost to be 4 hours long. She was on a stop over in New Wark and was flying for more than 10 hours with the stop over.
We picked her up from cargo with no water in her cage. She was crying and cold. It was 5:30 when we finally arrived home. She started to play for a little bit then the diareah started, then the coughing by 5:30 the next morning our puppy Lola was very sick and not responsive. We took her to the animal hospital were our nightmare began. They told us she has severe Pnemonia and she had to stay there for 8 days. We called and asked Stacey for her vet info, that checked Lola prior to leaving and said she was fine.

Our vets told us by her white blood count she had already had the virus for at least 3 days. Of course Stacey was not returning calls I had to scare her on the phone with numerous calls. Also to post our situation on the internet. Until we got our credit card company involved. It took months we fought. Finally a break Staceey got nervous with the numerous contact from our credit card company so they sent a email saying they would pay us back in insalments. I can be a constant pain when I am anger. Especially when I feel violated and ripped off.

Our credit card company citi bank said that based on the email from her saying she would refund us. They could force the bull dog exchange to honor the email. So the credit card company gave us our $2700 back. Finally some type of payment and no call from Stacey... To ask how our sick puppy was. We were under so much stress.

Finally after 8 days we brought our puppy home under serious medication. She had bronchitis for 2 weeks after we had to give her a neubulizer 3 times a day. Then tap her lung to help her break up the mucas. We now have purchused a fullpet medical care at $80 a month so if she ever gets sick she will be covered. Her total medical cost have excedeed $5700 and counting. I think she has a weakened amuin-system. She gets cold easy. Has some scar tissue on her left lung.
And who know what else. I know we got $2700 back but it was the most stressful thing me and my husband have been through so far. We love little Lola. But we worry about her future health. She is 5 months and her weight is about 36 pounds. Miniature we dont think so. Please be carefull buying a puppy any puppy. Next time we would fly anywhere to pick up your own puppy.

So tell everyone you know about our story as we have told many already... And one day we will personally pay the bull dog exchange a visit in Florida to see Stacey and what kind of care they have with there puppies.

Lo

Comments

• Sh
      22nd of Feb, 2009

My boyfriend bought me a mini bulldog for my birthday this last November from Stacey's sister. She has yet to call us back. We have left her alot of messages. She charged us to "Chip" our puppy (McTuff) and when we took him into the vet for his second set of shots we asked the Vet if he was chipped and our vet told us no. I am so sorry you got a sick puppy. I hope she is doing better. I totally agree with you on not trusting The Bulldog Exchange. They seemed so nice at first. I guess they are the sicko types that just breed puppies for the money and disapear.

• Mi
      26th of Feb, 2009

I also purchased a mini bulldog from Stacey back in March 2008. After getting the runaround for weeks I finally drove down to pick the puppy up in April. The very first night I brought her home she was sick. She deteriorated drastically after that. By the next night we had to take her to an emergency vet hospital where they told me she was so sick they were not sure if she was going to survive. Thankfully she did but we were making weekly visits to the vet and she was on countless antibiotics and other medications never really getting better. I tried to contact Stacey numerous times after every vet visit but she refused to take any of my phone calls and never answered any of my emails. I even found out later that her vet knew she was giving me a very sick puppy but gave me a health certificate from another dog that was healthy. I agree these people are very sick and totally rip people off.

• Tr
      3rd of Mar, 2009

my puppy had a seizure a month ago. If anyone has a puppy from Lisa Vitale from bulldogminiatures.com please please please contact me. Tracy Valenzi in San Francisco. 415-509-4751. tracyvalenzi@yahoo.com. I love this dog and just want all the info i can to keep him healthy. if it is epilepsy and from the parents i need to know. also he is coughing alot which my vet thought was just kennel cough but now i am concerned it could be more. any info would be great. he shipped to me on August 7th and was supposedly born June 6th. thank you!!

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2009

We bought a mini bulldog from the bulldog exchange in February 2008. When we brought him to our vet the next day he was diagnosed with aortic stenosis of the heart. In July 2008 we brought him in for swelling around his neck and he was diagnosed with right side heart failure and they gave him a prognosis of 1-3 months to live. We have spent thousands of dollars to keep him alive and he has outlived his prognosis. He is on a special low sodium diet, heart pills and diuretics and we have had fluid from his abdomen drained twice. We love our little bulldog TAZ, but it has been a very stressful and sad year. This is definitely not what we expected when we bought a puppy for our family. I feel for all of you who have had similar situations.

• Fi
      3rd of May, 2009

Hello to you all, We are Kevon and Stephanie, We to got our bully from The bulldog exchange. Sadly our Dodi has hip dysplasia. Needless to say he is no mini! he weighs in at about 80 lbs, yes 80 lbs! He cant walk more than 5-7 steps before having sit down, He is in pain constantly.

I can not for the life of me believe that an advertising breeder would not disclose this information and would keep breeding this awful problem. It is absolutely the most sad thing to see your puppy become affected by hip dysplasia they do from happy to in pain in less than a year.

I more than Stephanie, would like to persue this matter further. If anyone would like to set up a group so that these breeders and puppy mills are brought to light. I think the internet is strong media medium and with all the awful reports about this particular breeder, we could really start a movement. And bring these crooks to the forefront and not let this happen to anyone else.

Kevon
    Toronto, Ontario

• Bu
      5th of May, 2009

I too have a "mini" form the bulldog exchange...he weighs 70lbs! Luckily he is healthy now, but that is scarey to think about. I am sorry to hear your boy has hip problems. It sound like he is in good hands with you and lucky to have you as his parents.

• Al
      29th of May, 2009

Reading all of this makes me physically ill and breaks my heart. All the reports about these evil people are true. Our babies arrived sick and malnourished. After receiving the puppies we NEVER heard back from those women. Evil, evil, evil.

• Li
      20th of Jun, 2009

My name is Lisa and we got our little baby bulldog Fiona in December of 2007. She was shipped from Florida to Salt Lake City where my husband picked her up. We live in Montana. The night we got her she developed a cough, and I spoke to Stacey that evening. Stacey assured me that Fiona was given a clean bill of health. After a week of antibiotics the poor thing developed pneumonia. We had to give her a nebulizer treatments 6 times a day, and then she was on antibiotics for almost 2 months. We were unsure that she was ever going to get over it. She did very well, and we have had an amazing year and a half with her. Unfortunately, Fiona had her first seizure 2 weeks ago. We initially thought that she just got overheated, but now after a relapse after 2 weeks the vet is thinking she might have epilepsy. She is in the hospital now being monitored. They think that she will be able to be treated with medication for the remainder of her life as the seizures are petite in nature.

The reason that I even just found out that we were the victim of an internet scam, was because my vet asked me to contact the breeder to find out about Fiona's history. I was disgusted and greatly sickened to find out about my little Fiona coming from a puppy mill.

At the same time, although I know we have been a victim of a scam, I am so thankful that I saved my little girl from the terror of a puppy mill. We love her so much and where she came from is irrelevent to us because she has given us such happiness. I know she will be okay, and the cost of all the treatments don't matter to us because she has been such an amazing dog, she is so worth it to us...

• Al
      17th of Jul, 2009

The Bulldog Exchange, Michelle Scharmer, Evan Quintavella, stacey krueger and all its fake affiliates are under investigation, have been shut down and as of Saturday one of the owners "Evan Quintavella" is potentially looking at felony charges for moving out of his forcelosed home and abandoning a starving bulldog in a cage with no access to food.

• Sh
      31st of Aug, 2009

We purchased our mini bulldog from Stacey last April 2008. We too have been waiting to get our $89 refunded for the dog not being microchipped. Our female grew to about 40 lbs. Not mini by any means. We actually had her DNA tested because we could not believe how much she did not look like a bulldog as we have another full size bulldog and she did not resemble him at all. She did come back full bulldog, just poor breeding. Unfortunately we had to have her put to sleep last friday. She was only 16 months old. She had a brain tumor that was believed to have since we got her. My kids are devastated! It was just growing at a rapid pace. Please beware and DO NOT buy any puppies from Stacey!!!