The Brooklyn Crab / Wrongful termination

1 24 Reed St. Red Hook, NYBrooklyn, NY, United States

This is probably the worst establishment I have ever been employed by. The way they handled their employees and the schedules was extremely unorganized. Often, I could not get a straight answer from one manager in particular on scheduling and they couldn't remember anything. And, I was told by two different managers a total opposite thing in the way I was being paid as well.

Some of the higher authority staff were pleasant, but others made me feel very incompetent and I was just starting out in my position. Very snappy and extremely rude. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of unprofessionalism I have encountered with this restaurant. I was unfortunately "let go" from the restaurant (in a voicemail no less, as I was on my way to work...) but to be honest, I'm glad in the end. I found another job 48 hours later with much better pay, hours and a complete 360 in regards to the atmosphere of the restaurant and fellow employees/managers.

The way that they managed this place is chaotic and unsettling. It's not necessary to have four managers on duty and be told completely different things to do in regards to job performance. Also, the way the restaurant is set up is just a mess. Yes, it's a gorgeous venue with amazing views, but that's basically it. They need a better system for reservations and the way they seat people.

Overall, I suggest do not apply for a job there. Extremely unprofessional, sketchy and all-around just plain trashy. I could write plenty more, but I am being as cordial as possible in my response. I don't forsee this restaurant surviving.

Ke