The Brick Vaughan / salesperson not honouring promise to return mattress-unethical behaviour

1 Vaughan, ON, Canada

Hi I have also left a voice message with my compliant on the main number in Edmonton. On Oct 16, 2018 at the Vaughan store 137 Chrislea Rd store.

Sales person Belinda A . sold me a full size mattress #015D order number # 10168H1WEWZ she told me if I purchased the mattress cover Bambfupr #0689 I would have no problem returning the mattress if I changed my mind only if I have purchased the mattress cover this would be allowed otherwise without the cover no return would be allowed.

When I was paying Belinda typed in the comments final sale and I asked why is this comment being entered, she said in case of our VIP sale you will not be able to get this mattress at a lower cost . I said thats fine but it will not be a problem if I need to return the mattress worried that I would have a problem. She said again no as long as you have purchased the mattress cover your fine. At that time there was another salesman near her and I asked him regarding this policy and he said yes just buy the cover unfortunately I did not get his name.

I returned the unopened box of mattress and cover 4 days later and they would not take back the two items they said it states on my bill Final Sale I explained what Belinda said and they said No returns allowed, I mentioned that the mattress box was not even opened as well as the mattress cover they argued back NO.

I called Belinda A on Fri Oct 26 @ 12:45 I gave her my order number and started to explain the situation and she immediately said she was busy and would call back in 5min. She never called back.

I am absolutely dissatisfied with The Brick's unprofessional behaviour and service and am quite disgusted with Belinda lying to my face . I have shopped at The Brick for the last 25 years and am a loyal customer. I just had my son purchase all his new furniture for his new house this past April 2018. I will make sure I never purchase another item at The Brick and spread the word to family and friends.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to resolve this upsetting issue.
Ioana Battista