The Brick / the brick makes mistakes and can't live up to them or even have the decency of calling back the customer.

1 Ontario, Canada

I live in Brampton and drove all the way to Burlington to buy almost $6000.00 worth of furniture on May 21st and it is now December 27 and I still haven't got it all.
I spent about 4 hours in that store and bought

A storage Ottoman $359.00
King Size Matt set $ 1499.00
Deluxe frame $59.00
Leather Sofa $499.00
Loveseat $479.00
Washer and dryer for $998.00

and a bedroom set which we discussed with the salesperson and it should have included the headboard/footboard, rails, dressor, mirror and nightable for $1491.00

As you can see we spent alot of money and we were very satisfied. We sat in the salesperson's office and went through everything we bought and he gave us a total of $5473.95. At this time we didn't have a bill because we discussed it all in the office. We had asked the salesperson if that was the total with tax's and he said yes. So right then and there I opened a Brick Card and put $2000.00 on that and there was a remaining balance of $3473.95 which I told the salesperson I was going to put on my VISA.
We then proceeded to go to the front counter where I gave the girl my VISA and she charged me that money. No problem. She then gave me the bill, I put it in my purse and left.
My husband and I were so happy. It is our first home and we could never afford to buy ourselves anything new. We went home and I purposely went to my mother-in-law and told her how well The Brick treated us and her word to me were "YOU"LL SEE"
Here's the issue now, about three weeks after I purchased the merch, a lady from Customer Service called me and told me that some of my merchandise was being delayed and that I have an outstanding balance of $699.92 PLUS my bedroom set did not include the night table. I was very angry and went through the entire bill with the lady and everything seemed correct except for the fact that the salesperson forgot to add the tax's on my order and he didn't realize that my bedroom set didn't include a night table. I called the salesperson and he said he would take care of it. I explained to him that it was his mistake and that if they would have called me a day or two later to tell me there was a mistake I would have understood but THREE weeks later. Come on that's ridiculous. There was no way I could afford to pay another $700 and now I'm even out of a nigh-table which I will never be able to afford to buy. I paid $1500 for a fricken dresser and headboard/footboard???????? My husband and I were going to drive to Burlington to resolve this issue and the salesperson said it was unnecessary and he would take care of the problem.
So now it's almost 7 months later, I still don't have my headboard/footboard or rails(they said I waited to long to come up with the money and call them so they closed my file)Not only that my $400 ottoman has a defect because the way the screws are positioned the top trays are getting all scratched, I am not getting a night table (which probably gets me the most upset) and I still got a call saying I owe $700.00. To say the least my mother said "I TOLD YOU SO"

I am very very upset, my husband refuses to ever come shopping there again. He tells everyone about this and tells them not to go shopping at the Brick. I don't even want to come close to any of your stores. The worst part is they won't even give us a call back to discuss anything. They are basically telling us don't shop at the Brick ever again because we suck and we do not take responsibility for our mistakes.