The Brick / bed bugs

SunridgeCalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
My husband and I bought a couch from the brick back in November. We purchased it AS IS, it was supposed to be a floor model from their showroom, later to find out it was not. My husband started getting welts on his body and come to find out the couch was infested with BED BUGS. I brought it to the assistant managers attention, and of course he denied it. We had to call an exterminator and through out our couch and bed. We threw out our couch in fear of they may have migrated there as well. No one from the brick would contact us back. Be aware from buying from the brick.
Dg

Comments

Ca
  27th of Oct, 2009
That's ###! Either you or one of your kids or friends brought them home from somewhere. If there were bed bugs in one sofa on a showroom floor the entire showroom would be infested. Don't try to blame someone else for your dirtiness. It's stupid stories like this that hurt reputable businesses.
Se
  30th of Dec, 2009
I BOUGHT A 3 PIECESOFA SET AT THE BRICK N HAS IT WAS DELIVERED TO MY HOME I NOTICE THAT I STARTED SEEING BED BUG ( NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS), AT FIRST I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE IT WAS COMINF FROM AND ONE DAY I GOT TIRED OF DEM N ONE MIND SAID LOOK UNDER THE SOFA, DOING DO THERE WAS PURE NEST A ABOUT A 50BRD BUG LIVING ON THE INSIDE OF THE SOFA, MARKED THAT I ONLY HAD THE SOFA FOR THREE MONTHS B I BOUGHT THE SOFA FOR FOUR MONTHS AGO I HAD TO WAIT TWO MONTHS FOT THE SMALLEST ONE BUT HE FIRST TWO WAS DELIVERED ON TIME. I CAAL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AND THE BRICK TOLD ME THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT THIS ( MARLED THAT I BOUGHT A 5 YEAR WARRENTY WITH THIS SOFA SET . I AM NEVER PURCHASEING NOTING AT THE BRICK EVER AGAIN THEY HAVE GOOD PRICISES BUT POOR CUSTOMER RESULT N THE WARRENTY THEY HAVE IS PUR ###, I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND NO ONE TO THE BRICK!!!1
  4th of Jul, 2010
Maybe it wasn't infested in the showroom, maybe it was infested in delivery.
  4th of Jul, 2010
I brought a bed frame as "AS IS", and a mattress set as brand new 2 weeks ago in Brick, and it was delivered 1 week ago . My husband and I started getting welts. We though it was allergy first, since we never saw bed bugs before. After seeing a doctor we know it might be the bed bug, but we still not sure. So we dis-install our bed, and we saw a lot of white little things in the screw hole. (it was bed bug eggs, I knew it after). I don't know what was it, but I want to get rid of it. When I trying to do so, a bed bug comes out. I am sure it is from Brick. But they deny everything.

There is kind a professional who deal with this kind of calls. She knows how to answer your each single question and very fast. So I think they might have a lot of complaint about this. I told her I saw a bedbug nest inside of the bed frame. but she still replies "I know, I know, I am sure it is not bricks, it might be your apartment, you should contact to you landlord." Now my question is how can you be so sure, you showroom is also rented?

I lived in this apartment for half year already, did not have this problem or heard this problem before, and no one in our floor moved in or moved out.
Kg
  10th of Jul, 2010
Judging by your spelling, those bedbugs were there before you got your furniture!
  12th of Jul, 2010
Last Monday, I went to the brick store and complained again. Now, they agreed to return everything including the bed which is sold as "AS IS".
Ba
  15th of Aug, 2011
i wonder if thats how i got the bed bugs i had for 6 months cause i got a bunk bed from them just before the summer of last year and shorty after that i sew bugs crawling all over the floor was not sure what they where my kids and i had bites and we lost so much stuff cause of this problem it took 6 month to get rid of the bed bugs and i was told no one had it around me and we do not travel and sleep in hotels ...and its not cause one is dirty cause i am very clean now i need new furniture and not sure what place is safe so i do not get them again ...i have been hear for 7 years and never had any problem with any kind of bugs until i got the bunk beds from united furniture warehouse but it is the same store the brick is united furniture ...
Jo
  19th of Jul, 2017
We moved into a new place 8 months ago that had been steam cleaned and had no furniture of our own, so we bought everything from the Brick: a pretty expensive queen mattress and headboard, bed frame (mistake getting the full upholstry one the floor person recommended), a couch, and a dining room table. Not long after, my girlfriend started getting swollen areas on her body that were really nasty and I thought they might be dust mites or something, but it kept happening over the course of a month and a half. Every time I lifted the mattresses I saw nothing, but then after she got bitten in two different sections of her body at once, I decided to pull the whole bed with headboard away from the wall. On the back of the headboard are two large strips of velcro that are covering the headboard legs and hiding where the screws are and I noticed some weird, rust colored things in between the velcro seam in two different places so decided to get myself a good lights and start peeling that off. As I did it, one by one, the bedbugs started falling out which I immedately crushed between my fingers. They were mainly pretty big ones, almost adult size or adult size, and around 20 bugs in total. I had an infestation after just 2 months of moving into a new place with new furniture? Mind you, I know I can't prove that it is the stuff I got from the Brick (almost nobody can), and there are other possibilities such as: we happened to pick up a female bed bug at a movie theatre or restaurant; the apartment already had bed bugs inside (which the management denied of course), or they came from other apartments within the building.

The Brick Logo The Brick