The Book Depository / refund not full
As a long time Amazon book shopper I thought I would try BD for a set of books that I have been wanting for a long time – The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (60 volumes).
I first e-mailed them and asked if they actually had it in stock, very quick reply – oh yes we have 30 sets. All good so on the 23rd Feb I ordered the books and almost immediately $AU2217.86 was debited to my AMEX. So far all good, with 30 copies in stock I expected to get them soon.
On the 4th March I received an e-mail and was told the order was cancelled, could not supply and would refund the money to my AMEX. Annoying but still OK, I will order from Amazon at a slightly higher price.
The next day I checked my AMEX and noted a deposit from BD of just under $AU1400, a shortfall of around $AU800.
Three e-mails later I eventually get an e-mail saying they had payed the correct amount and would do nothing about it and saying not to contact them about the matter again. They even hinted that they would not cooperate with AMEX in any investigation.
The matter is now in the hands of AMEX international investigations who I trust will resolve the matter.
Will I or anyone I know do business with BD again? Absolutely NO. Dont do business with them for anything other than cheap books where you potentially have little to lose.
If a BD manager wishes to contact me and resolve this matter I will be happy to post a retraction but as it stands at the moment I have been well and truly shafted by BD to the tune of over $AU800.
More The Book Depository Complaints & Reviews
- Book Deal Trading LLC (Sharjah) - fasle commitment 
- The Book Depository - lost delivery/poor customer service/failure to refund 
- The Book Depository - book ordering receipts 
- Book Depository - no order arrived 
- The Book Depository - bad and rigid customer service 
- The Book Depository CA - stolen identity
- The Book Depository - order number bdg-360-42461817556 (order date: 2nd march 2013 - quantitative methods and techniques for planning, c. wong - paperback
- The Book Depository - delivery speed
- The Book Depository - no response to emails 
- Book Depository - order never showed up