The Billing Resource / Stealing money

1 P.O. Box 1482Greenville, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-271-1354

Charging for NetOpus Silver Internet Monthly Fee of $34.95. When AT&T was charging us $54.95. For Internet service we did not even have or approve. The company charging this $34.95 is The Billing Resource. They can be reached at [protected]. When you get a live voice. It's some damn foreigner that does not speak very good English. Be aware of The Billing Resource. And your local phone company.

Comments

26th of Jan, 2009

they have been billing me for the past 6 to 7 months $9.95 for info source usa directory monthly fee that i have no ideal what it is for.

• Ar
      16th of Mar, 2009

We were getting charged r US Connect, and when I started taking care of our companies bills last month when we had to lay off our billing person. So I called and got this canceled, and now We have two charges on our line.

"The Billing Resource" and "HBS Billing Services" one for 36.73 the other for 39.95

I called the Billing Resource and they put me to some comany called intergral. So I called Intergral and I get disconnected.

I get calls 2-3 times a week from "your local yellow pages" which I hang up with constantly. I have a feeling this is that company.

My local service placed a block on all 3rd party billing so I hope that helps. Very frustrating.

• Co
      26th of Mar, 2009

For months now since early 2008 i've been billed by The Billing Resource for services that I didn't approve/know about until recently after checking my phone bill online. Well I have been calling them ever since without any response... I will take them to court if I have to because there is no way I am going to let them get away with stealing my hard earn money...

• Tw
      24th of Apr, 2009

Our small business has the exact same issue. 3rd parties are tacking unauthorized charges onto our phone bill, sometimes billed through "The Billing Resource". I went on a mission this month to deal with all of this, once I caught on to what was happening. What I've managed to figure out is, "The Billing Resource" isn't really the scammer themselves. Rather, they operate in a somewhat shady "gray area" as the middle-man who allows the scammers to post their bogus charges onto your monthly phone bill.

I'm certain they're aware of what's going on, but they make too much money "looking the other way" to do anything to stop it. Theoretically, just about any business can buy services from "The Billing Resource", giving them the ability to bill people through their phone bill. (Visit their web site at www.thebillingresource.com if you want more information on what they offer.)

I've been trying to get AT&T to put a block on all 3rd. party billing (since our phone circuits are supplied by AT&T), but my sales rep. there insists she's unable to do so, since "Federal government legislation prevents us from doing that, ever since our monopoly was broken up."

Typically, it seems like the names of the companies actually doing the billing change regularly - to help ensure they don't get caught. So far, I've had to deal with charges placed by "Tericom Networks, LLC" as well as "Info Source USA" and "Internet Business Association" - typically claiming they are for "Business Directory" or "Web Hosting Services". Occasionally, they must be instructing "The Billing Resource" to pass callers on to their direct lines, vs. taking complaints and issuing refunds themselves. That's when things get really difficult, because they often give out fake numbers. (One place claimed their "customer service" number was a generic conference call line of Verizon's, for example!)

I tried to file an FCC complaint about all of this, but unfortunately, the FCC doesn't seem to be set up to specifically investigate this type of fradulent billing. They do have a "Form 501" you can fill out on their web site but it's designed to report "slamming" -- where a long distance provider fraudulently switches your long distance phone service from whoever you chose to their (usually more expensive) alternative.

• Lt
      1st of May, 2009

Well i just got off the phone with them and was reimbursed all the money they have charged me over the last five months, i was told someone had all my information and was using it over the internet, i mean they had my dob and my mothers maiden name. i am just glad i got my money back after several attempts of trying to get a live voice it took actually three days fyi: check your detailed bill monthly..i was just paying it online and never looking at a detailed bill.

• Ar
      9th of May, 2009

It two months now that I have been charged for collect calls that I never made by billing resources. i called to have the charges removed and sure enough they reappear on my next AT&T bill. What can I do to defend myself. i certinly refuse to pay fro omething I never did. Anybody can help me?

AG

• Bf
      26th of May, 2009

I am bringing this complaint, which just happened to me, to the attention of everyone who will listen, if, indeed, anyone is listening. My friend is a former investigative reporter for a major TV network, & will tell me to whom & how to file my complaint(s).
    I, too, was billed by Tericom on my phone bill, for $37.50 per month, when no contact had occurred with these criminals. AT&T knows that previous valid complaints have been filed against Tericom, & it is disgraceful, though not unexpected, that they would permit future their fraudulent charges to be made via AT&T billing.

• Ve
      10th of Jun, 2009

I've been charged by Tericom also. $34.95 twice on the same bill.

I also keep getting calls from The Yellow Pages and suspected them right away. All I keep telling The Yellow Pages is to stop calling I'm not interested. How can they do that?

My neighbor works for the "real" yellow pages book and told me they do not call like that.

I think this is a disgrace if AT&T is well aware these are bogus charges and keeps charging. I am being issued a credit but they told me if I don't pay that portion I will be issued late charges and it will take several months for the credit to be issued. They said once the credit is issued, the late fees will be removed.

What I don't understand is how a charge get on my phone bill!

• Di
      8th of Jul, 2009

UN AUTHORIZED CHARGES ON OUR PHONE BILLS

PHONE BILL CHARGES REMOVED PLEASE

• Dm
      24th of Jul, 2009

The company I work for has been getting billed $34.95 for a service never ordered or authorized. So far we saw three months of billing, but we need to go back and check our Verizon bills to really see how long this has been going on. Verizon says they can only reimburse us for 6 months. This is crazy! This kind of activity should be illegal. I will be placing a complaint where ever I can. Why do people steal when they can make a little more effort and work for their money!
    DM

• Dm
      24th of Jul, 2009

Tericom Networks LLC has a B+ rating with BBB and only show one complaint. That is hard to believe. Compaints can be filed with:

• Ml
      1st of Sep, 2009

I got one from the billing resources in the month of august 2009, in the amount of $20.95 i already called my phone company (verizon) to block it and also i called their support (TBR) to cancel that unauthorized service. that's totally lame how easily they do [censored] like that to us.

• So
      3rd of Oct, 2009

I've had similar charges over the past several months through Verizon. I do not get any answers from the carrier about their legal right to bill me for charges that have nothing to do with my Verizon account. They seem to be a partner in this scam. The last outfit was called Tallent and something LLC. They accused my wife of authorizing some type of personal web profile. I am in the process of switching to Cox subject to their billing program, of course when I questioned the rep about this issue, ...he knew nothing.

30th of Nov, 2009

the billing resource is a mafia owned organization that concentrates on the poorer areas throughout the u.s.a. and has made tons of $$$. this outfit whose previous name was PROGRESSIVE was put out of business once, but they bounced back.

30th of Nov, 2009

THE BILLING RESOURCE IS A MAFIA CONTROLLED ORGANIZATION THAT SPECIALIZES IN THE POORER AREAS AND BILLS FOR COLLECT CALLS THAT WERE NEVER MADE OR RECEIVED. THEY USED TO GO BY THE NAME OF PROGRESSIVE AND WERE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS BUT THEY BOUNCED BACK AS THE ABOVE.

• Mc
      15th of Jan, 2010

I also looked at my bill this month and saw a charge from Billing Resource that I did not agree to. They claimed I emailed them and I did not. I did get my money back and they said they would block my email. Let's hope this is true.
    I am not in a poor area, so the statement of these people working in poor areas is false. They go wherever they can.

• Ca
      19th of Feb, 2010

I was also billed for several months by this Resource Billing thru AT&T. I called the company and was told that I signed for it the services. NOT TRUE. I asked them to stop and cancel the service last month. Also called AT&T to reverse the bill. Sure enough this month bill the Billing Resource came up again. I am mad as hell.

17th of May, 2010

I noticed an $8.23 charge for 'The Billing Resouce' on my AT&T telephone bill. When I called AT&T I first got a recording from TBR, so they're in cahoots in this scam. An operator finally answered, clearly connected with TBR, and asserted that we'd 'added' TBR on our internet site. I informed the b---- that we've never used an AT&T internet site and demanded that all their charges be removed. She agreed and gave me a confirmation nr. In other words, we were 'slammed', and AT&T cooperated in the slamming. They used to slam by adding your phone nr. to a long distance carrier that you didn't choose. Disgusting behavior by a major, once quasi-respectable, business. The sobs are all scrounging illegally for money.
    JMC