The Bethany Group / Bait and Switch

1 901 S Country Club DrMesa, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480-844-8199

Bait and Switch system is being used when potential renters are shown an apartment, it's only a model. That one is never available. The one they switch you to, you will never see until you sign this lengthy lease which consists of the price you thought you were going to pay, but then increased by 50%, but wait they'll give you coupons to take care of the difference if you ask. That's right "coupons". The apartment you rent is not a custom built home, has no fine finishes, and certainly not clean. Try to argue that one, and you're sure to be met with resistance. In fact they'll do everything to avoid even talking about the issues. If you want to leave get ready to pay up. That's right, the amount on your lease that they added 50% to minus the advertised rate is what you will owe from the day you moved in, then pay another 60 days rent and why not a break your lease fee of another month's rent. All charged at this higher rate. Incredibly fake people who will lie to protect their jobs.
I'm leaving, and I'm paying all that money to get out, but I hope you will learn from my costly error. I will continue to warn people about The Bethany Group and their properties. If you are a victim or know someone who is please contact the Attorney General at http://www.azag.gov/consumer to file a complaint. Also contact the City of Mesa at http://www.mesaaz.gov/codecomp/report_violation.aspx You may also wish to contact http://consumeraffairs.com who will take your complaint and have an attorney review it. Anything you do will help you and if enough of us (victims) file complaints, something will be done. Thank you for reading and good luck to all of you.

Comments

• Ca
      24th of May, 2009

I have been waiting for my deposit since October of 2008 they keep telling me that it will be in the mail the next week, they have been saying that for 7months now. I took them to court and the judge tells us that there is nothing the courts can do because they are in Bankruptcy, funny the rich always find a way to cheat the little guy the the government bails them out, how wrong is that. The attorney generals office has done nothing about the situation I file with them as well, they stated there was nothing they could do either, but for me to find an attorney, and the wheels keep turning. This company just took out a loan of 115 million dollars from numerous investors and they can't pay the renters their deposits back, How about that!, some system we have. The judge suggested that I file against the new owners Morrison, Ecker, Brown, which is exactly what I plan to do this company owes me $1050, and if I don't fight for what is rightfully mine I can see that the courts won't.

• Na
      14th of Jun, 2009

Thanks for the info! I rented also and haven't rec'd my deposit back...and it's been 81/2 months!
    I plan to phone the new "owners" Monday and if I can't get anywhere, I will file .
    I lived at an apt. complex in CO.Springs. So, good luck to you all there!