The Bay / floor sales associates to store's manager

Yorkdale Mall, Toronto, ON, Canada Review updated:

Went to The Bay - Yorkdale Mall for a pair of Dockers casual pants
Against the Dockers wall - was 3 columns & 4 rows of dockers pants. in the middle row 1st top column. there was a 30% off Dockers Fashion sign, with a small wording "excluding items ending in 99 cents"
However, the entire wall was having Dockers pants with 99 cents ending -- the ENTIRE WALL, with none other items, yet there was a 30% off sign which was placed high above. I was farsighted and petite so of course I could not see the exclusion
Sale lady did not ring up the sale. I showed the sign to her. She said "but the sign says excluding 99 cent ending"
I told her that, then why would you put a sale sign where the non-sale items are. I understand if there is a mixture of both sale and non-sale items on the wall. but there was absolutely only the 99cents dockers pants. I asked her to honour it, she refused and called for another associate. Same thing. Second associate told me that I should have read other signs around the area more clearly for exclusion.
I am a customer, I see a sale sign, I go for it. I do not go to The Bay to read every single sign they have on display before purchasing. So i asked for a stores manager. She came. And she told me the same thing. She said "the sign clearly said excluding 99cents items"
My main point was... then why would the sale sign be in the middle of those 99cents ending pants!!!
If those pants are not on sale! Then I do not, other customers, do not need to see the sign! Put the sign where the sale items are!
She said "the sign is there to alert of customers about the sale. Did you ask an associate?"
I did ask for help with the sizing, first associate was nice and went to the stock room to check if there is another one, another 2 associates refused to help by saying whatever out is out.
I, as a customer, do not need to ask associate to clarify to me every single sale sign.
The brainless store manager then walked around the Dockers area and said "Dockers Fashions" does not apply to pants, only shirts" Are you offing kidding me? Fashion means clothes. pants aren't fashion??
I have been working in retail for 6 years and i have never seen such thing. If sales are misplaced, it must be honoured to the customers because it is the store's fault for deceiving.
This went on for a good 20 minutes. The brainless store manager still did not get my point. I had to tell her that I worked at The Bay for a few months, and now I am working at Sears. She was trying to ask me questions, as if she was going to find out about me. But of course I lied
She then said "okay, I will give you the discount, just because you work at Sears." She did not accept her fault and lack of customer serive or basic knowledge of how to properly merchandise products. I am just a mere floor sales associate and this is a number one rule to keep customers happy
I did not argue for a mere 30% off, but I needed to get things straight with The bay - yorkdale staff and their lack of knowledge.
If signs are inappropriately placed, you honour the sale, then remove and correct the sign
I still can't believe that even a store manager for such reputable company like that was not trained such basic knowledge --- and talk about the staff
She attitude was very dissatisfying.
And I don't think I will be shopping at the bay for a long long time.
Also, Dockers pants that were on sale did not have sale signs, yet the ones weren't on sale had a sale sign. Something very interesting. Yet they still did not admit their fault.

The Bay
The Bay

Du

Comments

• Sk
      8th of May, 2012

I feel sorry for the all people who had to deal with you. Particularly sad that you admit you work in retail, yet went out of your way to be difficult. You keep arguing that The Bay wouldn't admit their mistake, yet it seems to me that you are the one refusing to admit their mistake. When The Bay puts "End of Season Clearance" signs up in their store windows, do you argue the actual windows themselves must also be on sale?

Everyone knows the difference between "30% off selected merchandise" versus "30% off everything on THIS RACK" - including you.

• Gr
      19th of May, 2012

"If sales are misplaced, it must be honoured to the customers because it is the store's fault for deceiving".

I don't know where you got this information, but it's entirely incorrect. The store is not responsible for your misinterpretation of their sign and there is nothing they have to honour. It wasn't their fault, so why would they admit it was. Most of the time the customer is WRONG, and this instance is no different. Why the hell are you even complaining? You got the discount when you shouldn't have. You're just further proof that people are never happy and enjoy ### about everything.

• De
      17th of Feb, 2014

Delilah,

Thank you for contacting The Bay about your situation.

I do certainly apologize that all of this has happened to you, and would certainly like the opportunity to correct the situation to your satisfaction.

If you could, please respond to this email, or call us at 1-800-521-2364 so that we may properly address the issue and gain your loyalty back as a valued customer.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Mark

Sent: 5/16/2013 6:09 PM
    To:
    Subject: original sales order 1629212

Manager,

Two years ago I was excited to purchase Italsofa leather furniture from the Bay dt. I had one loveseat that was slightly damaged in tranit. so I kept in contact with the furniture manager in Edmonton Dt, and made arrangements to have another loveseat replace the original one I had ordered while the original loveseat was in the store for months to get repaired. I was not informed that I could have a serviceman come and repair this in my home which would have caused less grief.. The long delay of furniture being made from Europe to Brazil took almost a year for the second piece of furniture to be made. In the mean time I had contacted Shabir Ganji to have my original loveseat fixed with the damage on the loveseat. the delivery guys(2 guys from Ghana, they were not very responsible for looking after the furniture) were just not very careful with transporting the furniture from my house to the truck, they did not wrap the Loveseat, just basically got it on the truck and never wrapped it with plastic or a covering, just manhandled it into the truck. Shabir at the time was off on a vacation. I mentioned that they should take a little extra care with handling. To make a long story short, my original loveseat has been sitting in the store since last summer. today I had it delivered, but again more damage has been done to the loveseat. The bottom of the chesterfield, the cloth is torn, damage has been done to the base of the bottom of the chesterfield and also extra damage has been done to the side and back of the chesterfield It was brand new condition when it left this house a year and a half ago, I requested to have the original loveseat fixed because it was part of the set that I had purchased. Now I am stuck with the 2nd loveseat which is not comfortable to sit in and I want to exchange, or have the original loveseat made so that I could have the original set with my other furniture of the same brand and sell the one that was made in Brazil, which is not made properly, . The back of the loveseat that was built in Brazil sits to far back and is slanted too far back nobody wants to sit on this furniture. I am very disappointed with the way things worked out and I paid some good coin for this furniture,

I will be cancelling my credit card and other cards belonging to The Bay, we no longer require your future items

Delilah Choney
    780-449-4159

ref:_00D70Mk1d._50070TWwRS:ref

Hello Delilah,

I had sent off an e-mail to Dawn Pennent who is my contact at the Alberta Distribution Centre.

I informed her that when the drivers went to deliver the Love Seat, the underneath fabric was torn and on both sides of the love seat there was damage. Thus the customer had refused to accept.
    I asked her if the item is still at ADC and if so can she send it back to the store for re-sale?

She informed me that the item, once it is refused it goes directly to the Vancouver Logistic Centre, where it then gets sent to a clearance centre.

I sent off an e-mail to VLC asking if the item is still at VLC; if so the customer would like to purchase it.

I am still waiting for a reply.

My fear is once it goes to VLC, by the time it gets sent back to Edmonton, my worries are the condition of the item will it get more damaged through transportation.

Once I get a reply I will inform you.

Shabir Dhanji
    The Bay Edmonton City Centre
    780 424 0151 ext. 339

Mark,

This is what is occuring now, I paid for the original Italsofa Loveseat, It
    was damaged in transit, then delivered the second time because these
    delivery guys (Ghana folks) took it back for repair to the store and then
    delivered it back to me 6 months later, then got delivered back to me, with
    more damage on the Loveseat. The bottom material was torn and damage on the
    outside around the bottom of the Loveseat. What the hell do I do. I paid
    full price for this, got this other piece of furniture made in Brazil, which
    is not made the same as Italsofa, Natuzzi is garbage, they have to configure
    the back of the Loveseat to be comfortable. I hate the BAY. They got
    Garbage for DeliveryService and Now I am stuck with this Loveseat that no
    one wants to sit on or I can't give away for free which I will try again.
    Homesense also had a piece of Natuzzi, it got returned to the store. You
    have to make things right. My advertising is not good with the Bay.

I need this Loveseat that I have to be picked up and reimbursed for the ###
    I have endured.

Delilah
    Hello Delilah,

Neither of the 2 warehouses has the chesterfield, all the customer return and cancellation has been sent to clearance centres.

Our store and Londonderry Stores are the 2 stores in the city that these customer returns and cancelations are sent to to; to clear out all sales final.

I have sent an e-mail to the Londonderry store to keep an eye on it if it arrives there, my manager will be sending e-mails to all other clearance stores as well.

If anything turns up I will inform you.

Shabir
    Hi Delilah,

As per our phone conversations this afternoon, I can confirm that the service request has been sent to have the loveseat retrieved from your home. As I mentioned we are unable to schedule this at the store level and unfortunately the Customer Service department is currently backlogged and is doing their best to schedule a pick up for you as quickly as possible. I know that this delay is very inconvenient and I do sincerely apologize and promise to do all that I can to keep you updated as I hear more.

Sincerely,
    Amanda

This is what I have been dealing with the Bay

Natuzzi, chesterfields from the Bay are not like the Original Brand that I had for the Loveseat
    Italsofa was Top of the Line