The American Mall Model SearchSCAM

1 Review updated:

WOW... OK I PASSED THE AUDITION AND I HAD TO GO BACK FRIDAY TO A PHOTO SHOOT UNTIL I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ITS A FREAKING SCAM I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE .

Tp

Comments

Jan 28, 2010

I've been very impressed with the professionalism of the young woman that ran the contest here in Roanoke, VA. Lauryn...known as LA. $150 is cheaper than what you pay at Sears for your babies portraits...not a bad deal if you ask me.
    My daughter won an exclusive contract with the company and they have now asked her to come and work for the company. They have been in business since 1982. Last year they had 16 complaints to the BBB. They had over 4000 contestants in Roanoke alone. DO the math.
    The complaints usually come from people who are mad they didn't get picked for a contract. I will admit it is not the usual way one would think you get a modeling job, but it is sure working for my daughter!
    Good luck to everyone!

• Am
      Apr 22, 2011

I'm on the fence about the AMMS. I am in the third stage of the competition and I'm very skeptical. I had never heard of the process before and they always tell you if anyone asks you for money to be with an agengy, then it's a scam. But, the photographer was very professional and he even showed me the pictures before I left after my photoshoot. I would really hate if it was truly all a scam because I would be out $300 and the self confidence the competition has given me. If you want to be in the fashion industry, I would suggest getting the headshots even if it is by the AMMS photographer and go to other agengies if you don't win the contract. That's what I'm going to do. And even if I don't win, I got some professional shots of me for my family. Be cautious but this is a great deal for headshots. And it's very fun!

• St
      Nov 14, 2011

Come on get real! How is The AMMS a scam? How can JOhn Robert Powers and Casablanca charge millions of people $1, 000s of dollars for a portfolio and "acting classes" and then have those people go nowhere? I've been through JRP. I paid $8, 000 for a portfolio and didn't get one photo. I took their classes and have not BOOKED one job. I wasted $8, 000 and got nothing in return. The AMMS doesn't promise you that your dreams will come true. It a way to get experience. $300 for a portfolio is nothing. Not only do you get your photos you get the copy release. And you get to be apart of a talent show and fashion show. THe industry doesn't guarantee anything. A scam is paying more than $1, 000 dollars and getting nothing in return.

Dec 14, 2011

The AMMS is featured on Oprah Winfrey's #1 pick for scouting agencies; so it's obviously not a scam. They find you, groom you, prepare you for the stage. Sometimes If you can't pay for a photo shoot, and have true talent, they make you a Intern...NOT A SCAM.