Thane International / This company is not operating honestly

1 La Quinta, CA, United States Review updated:

My wife ordered the H2O Steam Cleaner on Sunday, June 1 after seeing the product advertised on television by calling [protected] . After completing the order she decided she did not want the product and called back within one hour of placing the order. She was told that she could not cancel the order on Sunday because she would have to contact Customer Service at [protected] and that they were only open Monday through Friday.

I called Customer Service on my wife's behalf on Monday and spoke to "Shirley", explaining that I wanted to cancel the order. She initially stated that she could not locate the order and that she suspected that she did not have it yet because it takes 24 to 48 hours for orders to be downloaded. I asked if it were possible that the order may be shipped before I could reach them on Tuesday. She said she didn't know. I pressed the issue, stating that I did not want the product and that I wanted to cancel it and that if it shipped I would refuse to accept delivery. She said that there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

I talked to the Superviser, "Christina", and explained the conversation between Shirley and myself. Christina's position turned out to be the same as Shirley's. Christina began explaining some law to me, stating that there is no cooling off period for orders placed to a toll-free number or via the Internet. I explained to Christina that I had serious problems with their procedures and that I had never heard of any such law.

My wife was told when she placed the order that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to ship. After not being able to find the order initially, Shirley found it and said that it had been shipped. I have never seen a product ship before my credit card is charged. My credit card has not yet been charged. I highly suspect that we are being taken advantage of here and that this company is not operating honestly.

Va

Comments

• Va
      25th of Apr, 2008

I've had a replacement already because the bolt at the back broke. From searching the web it looks like many people have had same experience. The first time I spoke customer care the person on the other end of the phone was trying to pin the blame for the defect on me due to it not being set up correctly. Apparently the replacement part was out of stock and would take six weeks. When I asked for a replacement machine it would take six weeks. When the new arrived and promptly broke with the same issue I was told in order to get a refund I would have to pay shipping to send the machine to Reno Nevada to get refund. This company clearly takes no responsibility for its clearly defective products and is really just in the business of ripping people off.

• Va
      19th of Sep, 2008
    Thane International - Scam
    Thane International
    thaneinc.com

I ordered the H2O vacuum Turbo. They sent me a totally different one. I called to claim, the customer service rep was so mean and aggressive that I asked to talk to the supervisor. Anyway they did not want to help me they said that I should send the product back to them, I have to pay the shipping and they will send me my product I feel I don't have to pay for the shipping since they did the mistake and paying the shipping is like paying again the product in full.

Horrible customer service, they made mistakes and customers have to pay for them.

• To
      2nd of Nov, 2009
    Thane International - Disreputable company
    Thane International

Thane International, Inc. is a disreputable company, selling products that they will not support or repair.

The Thane International Flavor Wave Oven deluxe is a good product when it works properly - that is the only good thing that can be said.

The heating element in my oven burnt out. I call Thane International and Thane International stated there were no heating elements in stock, that they were phasing the unit out, but would be happy to sell me another 'newer' version.

Thane International has a terrible reputation (justly deserved) for selling you an item with no service.

Again, Thane International is a very disreputable company and I will urge all not to purchase any products from the company.

16th of Mar, 2014
    The Perfect Dog - Thane International, Inc. - DVD Training Videos are blank
    Thane International, Inc
    thane.com

I ordered The Perfect Dog training system with an additional command collar and leashes because I have 2 dogs. I paid through PayPal. It took quite a while to receive my product, I had to call them to ask if they planned on fulfilling my order or not. When it arrived I discovered that the DVD's did not work - they gave me an error message. I initiated a complaint with PayPal and eventually escalated my complaint to a claim. The next day I received a call from customer service at Thane and they said they would reship DVD's to me but I first had to close my claim for a refund. They told me that the 30 day guarantee would start again with the new shipment. I received the second set of DVD's a week later and discovered again that they do not work either. My claim with PayPal cannot be reopened and I fear that if I call the company to get an RMA and ship it back at my expense, I will not get my money back and be out shipping in addition to the $96 that I paid for the system. They will then have another system to sell to someone else.

I went to www.thane.com and also noticed that many of their web page links do not work, such as, about me, contact us, customer service...etc.

This company is not one that I will ever do business with again.