TGU Grant University / false promises

1 138 E 12300 Suite C # 183Draper, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8772071615

This company is completely a scam. I thought I was purchasing $2. worth of DVD or CD to assist me in filling out grant information for our local school. When I attempted to canceled by phone. Either the phone did not work properly;y or then my messages were never returned after following the prompt to leave a phone number. I understand now that I have be trying to get information to them or about them. They require a credit card number to reach a support e-mail address. Al so through internet I believe this company is being investigated by the Attorney General's Office. My next attempt will be through registered mail. Anyone else with this problem. Please use the physical address witha registered letter to cancel and keep that for your records. Hopefully this will help.

Ci

Comments

• Ti
      13th of Dec, 2008
    TGU Grant University - This company is fraudulent and will steal your money
    tim
    Ohio

This company is misleading in its offer and steals money directly from your bank account credit card or whatever you use to pay the 1.98 s&h. you will recieve nothing and lose your $1.98 and $69.95 you never saw coming.

• Au
      16th of Mar, 2009
    TGU Grant University - Fraudulent Activity
    TGU The Grant University
    Eugene
    Oregon
    Phone: (541)914-1066
    grantuniversity.com

found this site highly recommended and decided to try it. All I had to do is send them a one time shipping fee of $1.98 to get their CD to show me how to get free grants. No where on the page was a selection or place to select or deselect for a subscription or anything else to charge me for. I paid the $1.98. A week later I have a charge on my bank account for $.69.95 from them and still no CD. I call them and ask about it and they state I signed up for their services when I bought the CD. I went back to the website that day and looked again and again no where to select or deselect to sign up for anything, or any information about a $69.95 fee. I contacted my bank and had it removed. Two months later now and they forged documents to my bank to have it replaced. I called them and asked what is going on and they directed me to their website again to show me what I signed up for. The web site is now changed. How do you fight people like this ? Why would they want my money when I don't want their service ? I've been accidently signed up for things online before. When you contact a legitimate company and tell them it was a mistake, the try to talk you into trying their service, but most are willing to refund your money if you don't want their service. Any suggestions or help, please email me. autoadvice01@yahoo.com

• Il
      3rd of Nov, 2011
    TGU Grant University - This company is fraudulent and will steal your money
    TGU Grant University

I read a review online that stated that they had researched companies offering Government grant information and their top choice was TGU Grant University. They stated that you other companies charged fees but they had found this company only charged the 1.98 shipping and handling.

I purchased the CD for the shipping and handling price of 1.98. It was immediately charged to my bank debit card. I never received the CD. On week later I found a charge for 69.95 on my bank statement from TGU Grant University.

I immediately called my bank, canceled my card and had them start an investigation into the company. Thankfully, my bank automatically credits your account for fraudulent charges. I am also thankful I just happened to use my debit card and not paypal. Otherwise, they might have had access to other sources of money.