Textbookwheel.com / Scam

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I really thought textbook wheel would be legit since I got it on my email (not in my spam folder, which usually works pretty well) at the same time my classes were about to be done so I thought it would be one of those business the university recommends.
The site looked legit and they had all the books I looked up, and plus they paid for shipping.
It added up to about 260 dollars in books. I printed out the shipping slip, bought special shipping packages for the books (no "it came open/damaged crap) and my books were in pretty much perfect condition, since I do not write on them.
I sent, and was patient since I know those things take time.
About three weeks later I get their email (finally) saying they received the books and payment would be processed. I go to the website to check the status and it said the payment was being processed.
So I sit and wait a couple more days. Since it wouldn't change for about 3 days, I decided to send them an email asking how long would it take.
It's been 3 days since the email and no one answers. I sent another one a little angrier, but i just looked up the company online i found out all these complaints about not getting paid and being a scam.

Do not use them.
I wish there would be a way to actually report them and get them to be investigated for real.
Seriously, getting money from college student's books?
Someone must have a hard time sleeping at night.

Ju

Comments

• Gr
      9th of Dec, 2009

I have used this company since starting college. They have been very good on prices & sending payment. I have used paypal & had them send a ck via U.S. mail. Sometimes it takes awhile if it is the start or end of semester classes, but I always got my payment.

• Ut
      17th of Apr, 2010

Grad Student are you an employee of Textbook wheel? Probably so as I know that this is a tactic that TBW uses...

• Kl
      17th of Jan, 2011
    Textbookwheel.com - Rip Off
    TextBook Wheel
    Georgia
    textbookwheel.com

These people are a TOTAL RIP OFF. They wanted to give me 1.75 for 2 books that were brand new!! Don't waste your time. And plus you don't get paid UNTIL they receive the books. All books basically have to be brand new with no missing or folded pages or writing in any of the books. YEA RIGHT!! Like any college student would keep their book in perfect condition. DO NO BUY FROM TEXTBOOKWHEEL.COM. You could make more money selling on EBAY!!