Textbooksrus.com / Dishonest Buyback Activities

1 2340 Wood AvenueColumbus, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 614-486-8072

Submitted two textbooks for buyback. One was slightly used (no writing, no damage, no highlighting, but you could tell that the book had been read). The second was in brand new condition, never opened or put on a shelf. It was purchased new, placed on a table or desk (in a clean, non-smoking home). I told them I was sending a "used condition" and a "new condition" book and packaged each in a separate Tyvek envelope, wrapped each with bubble wrap and placed in a double-walled box--extremely well packaged. They arbitrarily changed the rating on the new book to "used" and refused to state why they made this change. The repeatedly sent form letters in response to my detailed inquiries--discussing "shelf wear" and "writing on the pages". Not ONCE did they actually answer my question. The only positive thing I can say about them is that I received my check within a week. Be warned that once you send your books to them, you cannot get them back! Thus, if they change the condition rating, you are stuck with whatever they pay you (or not pay you). Arrogant and disrespectful organization.

More Textbooksrus.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

12th of Jul, 2009

I had a similar situation in which they claimed the book I submitted was very damaged and coming apart from the binding. I did file a complaint with BBB and got them to send A book back to me at my expense, but the book they sent back to me was not the same one I submittied to them...it was a book in awful condition with a torn binding and the cover coming separated from the spine. The book I received from them also did not have special markings i put in it to identify my book in the event that it was stolen. Where my book is? I have no idea, but it's my advice if you have issues to file complaints with the Columbus OH, BBB to make this company's shady practices known.

• Fc
    Columbus
    Ohio
    Phone: (614) 486-3348
    textbooksrus.com

Told me my order was not duplicated then charged me for 2 books and took 20 days to finally send a partial refund. They are a scam.

• Kp
      22nd of Jul, 2010
    Textbooksrus.com - refund
    Florida

I bought a textbook online on the textbookrus.com website back in January and the book was missing about 30 pages. I got in contact with the company to return the book and get a new complete one. The buyer told me to return the book and they would send a new one but once I send the book back, they never send me a new book nor refund me. I have being trying to contact them and resolve this issue but they do not answer my e-mails.

• Ro
      30th of Jul, 2011

I went to the website textbooksrus.com and got quotes for selling my textbooks that I am no longer using. They gave prices on everything they would buy. After I signed up with them (giving them all my personal information) and tried to sell the books, they were not accepting any of the books they made offers on prior to me signing up. This seems to be a phishing scam just to obtain your personal information. I am so happy now reading all this bad stuff about them that I never sold them anything. I am afraid of what harm they can do with my personal information that they required to set up the account... Rod.

• Ph
      25th of Apr, 2013

Textbooksrus.com has been sued by all the major US publishers to manufacturing and selling counterfeit textbooks! If you have purchased any books from this site then most likely they are fake! You can contact the suing attorneys at Oppenhein and Zebrak LLP at matt@oandzlaw.com for possible refunds from this site.