text challange / they charge me money without any reason

1 Delta, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-710-1562

actually i m using my cell phone with (Fido ) useally my bill is comes 43 $ this month they send me the bill of 84 $
when i call them they said we didnot charge that money. there is an other sms company send me text messeges and charge me money
and my complaint is this, that i dont know that company and never ask that company about any service they send me lots of messeges and charge money without ask me, how come they do that ?
actually i m very new in this country i didnt know about that kind of fraud and i didnt think about to block it cos i didnt know they r charging money to recive that text messeges
so can u guys able to help me ? i m in problem i dont know what to do pls do something cos my bill is still pending and it's due date is Dec/13/2008

Comments

• Ci
      24th of Dec, 2008

I have encountered the same problem.

This company (text88588) billed my Telus cell phone for $4 for 2 msg sent to me. The company has a dirty tactics of dimming out the fine print and purposely placing the terms and conditions on the second half of the webpage. I suggest we all file a complaint with the CRTC against this company. I am not sure how many cell phone customers have been cheated by this company and how many "real" cell phone it actually has given out as prizes.

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2009

I got same type of charges for some shiittty messaging, which I do not even know for what I am getting. I got two bills of 24 $ and 33 $..

This is pure SCAM by FIDO.

I have wrote to their executive office and they have not responded in last two weeks. You can call Gaetano Di Falco, office of executive on following address.

1-866-397-3436 ext. 4504 (toll free).

Gaetano Di Falco