Texas Roadhouseserver stealing a tip off a gift card

My husband and I are regular customers eating at Texas Roadhouse once a week. We usually buy gift cards at Christmas time. Last week we used a gift card with $25.38 left on it and had the receipt with the balance circled as well as our servers name clearly at the top. After finishing our dinner we paid our bill with the gift card only to find out there was only $10.38 left on the card. We had the managesr check on the computer with our receipt from the last visit and discovered the server wrote herself a $15 tip AFTER we left.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Columbia, SC We were shocked that a server would be able to steal money from a customer in that manner. The manager admitted that she had taken the money and returned what had been taken from us in a gift certificate. Shouldn't there be a safeguard in place to prevent this from happening to future customers? I doubt that most customers keep track of their balances on their gift cards the way that we do. Shouldn't a server who has taken money this way be fired? I am not at all convinced that this was her first time. Are we not owed compensation for this brazen act of theft by your employee? (Perhaps a new $100 gift card?)

Bo
Jul 29, 2018

Comments

•   Jul 29, 2018

You want a $100 gift card because a server added the tip, and it was returned to you? Did you go hungry because of that? Did it affect your life? No.