Texas Roadhouse / safety

1 Waco, TX, United States Review updated:

Friday night was not what we had planned..a nice steak dinner, drinks and quality time. Waco's Texas Roadhouse was never where I expected this to happen. The restaurant was packed with a long wait to be seated. We waited a bit for 2 seats to come available in the bar area. Once we sat down, we could hear a "man" talking very loudly and using the "F" bomb every other word. He was talking to what looked to be his very young pregnant girlfriend. The conversation was not pleasant to hear. She never really responded, just sat there like a little puppy being scolded. Eventually, Monty told the coward we were tired of hearing it and he was being really disrespectful to everyone trying to enjoy their meal. Others were also wishing he'd shut up or at least tone in down. At this point things got REALLY heated. Before I knew it, the guy had come over and they were standing face to face with myself, managers and a bartender trying to get between them. At that time the coward stated "I have something for you, a 357" and went outside. I immediately called 911 and several squad cars show up. They instructed us to stay inside. The coward was spoken to by the police and they determined he didn't have a gun on him. The car WAS NOT searched. Afterwards the police came inside and spoke with us. They informed us that the managers said he was a "regular and posed no harm." They asked if we were leaving soon and if we thought it was ok for him to come back in and sit on the other side of the restaurant. I explained that I was scared and my meal was ruined, so we would be leaving after paying our tab. Police left. Now what happened next just baffled me. The coward and his girlfriend came and sat down in their same seats, just four seats down from us. At that time, one of the managers walked up and served
him a fresh cooked meal..even pats him on the back and asked if he was okay. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I immediately asked to speak to a manager and of course the same one comes after a short time. I explained I couldn't believe what I had just seen. He proceeds to tell me that "he is a regular and it was his understanding that we started the confrontation." I asked if he'd like to speak with some witnesses that were now seated at their tables they were waiting on. He states "NO I'm done!" I then asked why he wasn't seated elsewhere like was discussed. I never really got an answer. Just another "I'M done!". At this point I explained that my meal was ruined and I shouldn't have to pay and I wanted their corporate phone #. He said okay and said that we needed to leave. After taking a while he showed up with the # and said "the man just wants to feed his baby" as he rubbed his own belly. Made me sick! I explained we would never be back and he said "GOOD!" I have never been so scared, frustrated and confused. Is this our justice system? Needless to say corporate will be informed, and if nothing else I expect the manager to have some repercussions. This was handled all wrong and luckily no one was injured. So the theory of the story is...You are not protected! You must listen to profanity and not have any peace when trying to enjoy your meal and last but not least, HE WAS A REGULAR!

Be
Oct 15, 2018

Comments

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2018

YOU CALLED THE POLICE, Over a confrontation at a restaurant THAT YOU STARTED? I really hope that they gave you a, MISUSE OF 911 Ticket. THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY!

People can drop the FBOMB whenever the F _ _ _ they Want! This is a Free Country, and the last time I checked, we all still had first amendment freedoms.

IF you are so scared, frustrated, and confused, when you go to a restaurant, and hear someone cuss, STAY AT HOME! This is 100% your fault, for saying something to begin with... And with regards to your little statement, "Others were also wishing he'd shut up or at least tone in down:"

Did you take a poll of the people in the dining room?

Personally, I think you had to wait a while for your table, and you decided you wanted a free meal as a result, so you decided to get upset, over some guy saying the 'F' Word, and call the police for no reason at all.

Hopefully, the police, and 911 put you on a black list, of people who call the cops, for NO REASON what so ever!

• Fi
      16th of Oct, 2018

@Call the Waaaambulance! The person claimed that they had a 357 for the OP, that is pretty much a reason to call 911. That is if the OP is telling the story as it is. But both of you are right, the OP started the confrontation, and should not back down. While he may not have taken a statement I am sure the other wished the man would STFU.