Texas Direct Auto / Fraudulent charges

Texas Direct Auto
I found a 2007 yukon on ebay. It was listed by Texas Direct Auto, the car looked awesome in the pictures, and the wording stated 'Perfect example of a one owner Yukon!' called them to see what the best deal on the vehicle would be.. Chris McClelland stated that the car was a buy it now for $23, 900.00. But if I wanted it he could let it go for the reserve which was $23, 700.00. I asked him if he had seen the vehicle or if he was at all familiar with it? He stated that Yes, he was familiar with it and it was the cleanest Yukon they had ever offered, and the pictures don't do it justice! And the pictures made the car look brand new... Reluctantly I gave them a $500.00 deposit and was scheduled to see the car and finalize the paperwork in 2 days. My 1st impression of the vehicle when I saw it was (someone is pulling my leg), There is no way this is the same car. it had horrible swirl marks from over buffing, the mirrors didn't match, the DVD system was broken and the screen was cracked, all the plasic trim pieces around the seats where broken and cracked, the back up sensors didn't work, on the left side of the car the Y form the word Yukon was missing, the rear bumper was cracked and scratched, the interior was filthy and stunk bad!!! and the rear seat screw covers where missing... I brought this to there attention before even test driving the car! They said do you want it or not!! I said NO!!! they said 'well than have a nice day!' We will relist it. I said fine how do i get my deposit back? The manager Gary said 'we only give refunds on deposits if we misrepresent the car. I said and you don't think this is misrepresention? He said No! we consider misrepresentation if we tell you the car is black and it is really blue or red! I asked to speak with the owner or someone higher, He said he is as high as it goes and no refund... I called and attorney and they said it would cost me more money than it was worth... I just learned an expensive lesson... Don't ever give anyone a deposit sight unseen. Please beware of these ripoff artists, They know how to manipulate the system to get more money for these crappy cars than they are worth...

N  2nd of Jun, 2009 by
I wrote them a message on ebay asking about a deal on a 2006 Ford Mustang, so JARRELL COOPER messaged me back telling me to call him to work out a deal. I made a deposit over the phone. Me not knowing ebay rules that well, I could not be protected by ebay since I made the deposit over the phone and not online on ebay, which I think should not matter since I got the car off of ebay. Anyways, I flew to Houston to be picked up the car. I told JARRELL COOPER when i was coming and he told me that they would be there to pick me up. I gave him all of my flight info and he told me to call as soon as I land because they would be waiting outside for me. I called him when I landed. Then again 10 more times, while leaving numerous messages. He finally called me back 3 hours later. When I got there, he said he did not know I was coming and the car was not ready. 5HOURS later, he brings the car out to me, not clean and on empty. So, I been in Texas for 8 hours because they care so little about there consumers.

A week passed and they sent me the title, which I was told was clear. It had a lien on it and I can not have it registered. SO, I called up there about 30 times in a week and they have directed me to 5 different people, I left messages for each person at least 5 times. No one called me back at all. I emailed and left messages for jarrell and no response. This business is horrible.
N  16th of Jan, 2010 by
Holy smokes. I was looking at a black 335i 2007 that has a good price. I remember seeing the exact same car listed a few months ago and thought, wow what a deal. Well, I see the exact car newly listed on ebay and autotrader. I read about too many complaints and I've concluded that it's not worth it to buy fromt his company. They lost a potential buyer. Thanks to everyone who took time to inform me.
N  20th of Jan, 2010 by
I'm local to them and I've tried to purchase from them 4 times over the past year or so. 1st attempt was a Hummer H2. Showed up and it was extremely dirty, bald tires, , large scrape down the passenger side (across both doors), needed an alignment badly and just in general didn't look like it had been washed in several months. Pictures online showed nice, shiny paint, etc. No way did this vehicle get that dirty just sitting on their lot and being test driven. I just chalked it up to a isolated case because their feedback on ebay is fine. Surely this can't be the "norm".

2nd attempt was a Ford Expedition. Scheduled an appointment. Waited around for 45 minutes only to be told they couldn't find the car. I called back for 3 days straight and they never could put their hands on the vehicle. Strike 2...

3rd attempt was a Lincoln Navigator. Again scheduled an appointment. Showed up and waited around for 45 minutes. The car was buried in a line of cars 4 or 5 deep. They couldn't even find the keys. The car was full of door dings which were not in the online pictures. Again, bald tires when online showed much more tread. Fortunately, the car was unlocked so I was able to look inside. The headliner was hanging down and the motor for the sunroof was missing. The drivers side seat controls were also missing. Apparently they were "borrowing parts" off it it for another vehicle.

After all that, I purchased an H2 from another local dealer. Car is great, but I want something more practical and a little cheaper now so I started looking again.

4th attempt was Tuesday, Jan 20 2010. 2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer. Pictures look great and the price was right but I knew that I wasn't going to risk buying sight unseen so I setup an appointment to go see it. Paint was probably the worst I've ever seen. Lots of chips, and scrapes. Again, a large (1-inch wide) scrape across both passenger doors. Interior photos were doctored up as well. Lots of blemishes to the interior trim pieces. Windshield had a long (3ft.) crack and bald tires again. it was packed in pretty tight so I just took it for a test drive and checked it out in a different parking lot. I should have checked it out more thoroughly before wasting my time... I waited for about 20 minutes after the test drive to talk to the salesman but he never came out. I even pulled up the pictures on their in house computer and the clearly had been photoshopped or they were just of another similar vehicle. I get the feeling they just use stock photos. They get to many similar vehicles through there that they must have a huge catalog of every make/model/color combo out there...

I'm crossing them off the list completely from here on out. Not worth the hassle. I'm sure they have a decent vehicle here and there but I don’t' support their tactics. I'd be pissed if I had to travel any real distance and ran into these situations.

Stay away is my advice...
N  28th of Jan, 2010 by
Thank god I found this site today. I was planning a road trip to Houston on Sat 1/30/2010 to see the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

From what I have read on this site I would have been one pissed off person to get there and see a POS Truck. I just don't understand how a company like this doesn't get shut down for stuff like this.

Thank you https://www.complaintsboard.com for making a site like this!!!
A  30th of Jan, 2010 by
I hope that the word gets out and people avoid this business like the black plague!! They are no good ripoff scam artists who need to be shut down!!!
D  16th of Feb, 2010 by
I have purchased several vehicles from Texas Direct and their deals cannot be touched by other dealers. They sell the exact same vehicles you can buy anywhere only they don't mark them up like 5 grand. When you buy a used car, and I have bought many, there are always some risks involved. Used things break, hell new things sometimes break. I would much rather save the 5 grand or so than buy the same car for a lot more somewhere else.
A  3rd of Apr, 2010 by
File a complaint with the Texas Attny General's office. Trust me, our voices are being heard. WE need to file more complaints though to get enough attention and make this a priority to them.
A  14th of Jun, 2011 by
Im still waiting...thanks for all the info, , , I will not bur from them for sure.

Texas Direct Auto Logo Texas Direct Auto
12053 SW Freeway (Highway 59)
Stafford, Texas 77477