Texans Credit Union / Terrible service

United States Review updated:
Texans Credit Union
Avoid this bank at all costs. They are not only unfriendly and uncooperative in person, but even their website is terrible to use. It's primitive; something you would expect to see ten years ago.

As an example of their incompetence: they can't even get something as simple as issuing a debit card correct - it took them three attempts. It's sooo nice to receive a new debit card because "card numbers have been compromised" (that oughtta tell you how bad they are), redo all your direct deposits and withdrawals, and then receive another card two days later and have to redo it all again. Complete amateurs.

Their loan officers are disinterested.

Their rates of return are really low.

Seriously... I'd rather store my money under my mattress than to do business with this bank again.

D  30th of Jul, 2009 by
I have my accounts at a credit union and I too had to be issued a new debit card due to compromise. However, the compromise did not occur at the credit union. The first time this occured it was because TJ Maxx was storing credit card numbers, which they are NOT suppose to do. The second time was also the fault of a third party vendor. These compromises have NOT just affected credit unions. They've affected every financial institution that issues debit cards. A point of clarification I believe consumers should be aware of. On another occassion, theive(s) obtained my checking account and routing number from a check I had written to another party and from these checks they created fake payroll checks, which grocery stores across the Metroplex cashed. There were no thumb prints for idenitification verification. And the fact that these checks were written to "celebrities" apparently raised no red flags! My credit union took immediate steps to refund stollen money from my acccount. They closed the account that had been compromised and established a new account; I too have payments automatically deducted from my account and they assisted me in getting that updated. Personally, I am thankful that my credit union takes extra steps to protect my identity. If it means I am inconvenienced for a few days, then so be it. I'd rather be inconvenienced then allow some thief access to my hard earned money.
N  18th of Sep, 2009 by

Texans Credit Union - Poor Service
Texans Credit Union

This bank is a complete rip off, their customer service is poor and they have no concern for retaining customers. They will magically put stuff through your account hours after deposits and claim they came though prior in order to be able to charge you a insufficient funds fee and they will reorder transactions to make more of them charge your account. When you access your account online you can tell they have done this because the column with your account balance will be out of order. showing that they put it towards your account at a different spot. they say it is typical but i check my account everyday and never see anything like it until your account gets to a low point. we have direct deposit and everytime we have gotten anywhere close to being low in our account something like this has happend. Please avoid this bank at all cost. There is also no benefits to being a member of this "credit union"