Texaco/chevron / spam

The chevron/texaco oil company,
Corporate headquarters,
1092 chevron layout, wuse zone 2,
Wuse, abuja. nigeria.

The chevron/texaco official prize notification.

You have been selected in the on-going chevron/texaco award held this
Month. we the promo board are pleased to inform you that you alongside
Four(4) others lucky winners have been approved for a payment of
$500, 000.00 usd. (five hundred thousand dollars) in cash.

Note that this promotion is mainly aimed at alleviating poverty, it is also
Aimed at encouraging internet users worldwide. this email is randomly sent
To five people worldwide. if you did receive this email, it means you are
One of the five(5) lucky winners. your verification number is:
(ct-222-6747, fgn/p-900-56).

This promotion is held to mark chevron`s aniversary. you will be required
To fill out your information in the below given form and send it to the
Funds release officer in west africa, as this is co-sponsored by the
Federal government of nigeria. please find his contact details below:

Claims processing officer:
Mr. kenneth davids
Email: kendave.chevronpromo001@gmail.com
Phone: +[protected]

You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as
Soon as possible:

Mobile:
Sex (m/f):
Annual income (optional):
Remarks about chevron/texaco:

We are glad to have you as one of our lucky winners.

Yours sincerely,
Fredrick obas...

Co-sponsors of this online promotion are listed herein: shell oil company,
And the federal government of nigeria.

Comments

• Er
      21st of Aug, 2008

I also received this Chevron/Texaco promo by Fredrick Obas...

• De
      28th of Aug, 2008

I received this email also, but its co-sponsors were listed as Shell Oil Company, Pepsi Corporation and The Federal Government of Malaysia. It was signed Mr. Didi Young, but the name it was sent from was Jared Koverman.

31st of Aug, 2008

My "supposed" verification number was exactly the same as listed above, except my claims processing oficer was a Dr. Anthony Moore.Co-sponsors being Shell Oil Company and the Federal Government of Nigeria.

• Je
      1st of Sep, 2008

I got this email also

• St
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I received a similar e-mail (this one offering $1, 000, 000.00 USD) and with a processing officer with the name Patrick Chan. They have tidied up the e-mail, corrected the English, but it still lists a gmail e-mail address. If this were truly coming from Chevron/Texaco, it would be coming from their domain, not a generic gmail account.

6th of Sep, 2008

What would happen if I send some information answering this e-mail.

29th of Sep, 2008

I have received two of these and each time has been different name to contact at a gmail address. So just knowing there is so many scams out there I posted the title on the web and this complaint site came up just as I suspected. If it is from another country you can bet it is fraud and someone is trying to get your information to use internationally. Scary for sure! I really hope people are being very careful and checking out these emails before sending info out.

• Hm
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I just received a similar e-mail. Some of the facts have changed (different sender, signed by Mrs. Rose Wood) and it has a @live.com sending address. Looks like the scam artists have changed their approach.

• Me

CHEVRON TEXACO
    PROMO 2008.
    Send your Names and contact Address to Mr Smith Boxley
    at(chevronpromoboard@gmail.com
    )to fill fpr your payment.

Note:This donations/Cash Grants is brought to you by CHEVRON TEXACO Oil and
    GAS Company under a delegated power from the EU and ECOWAS.

YOURS Rose Marry Elliots
    CHEVRON TEXACO ONLINE CO-ORDINATOR

• Ah
      16th of Oct, 2008

i reseved this imail dou you comfirmed me
    THE CHEVRON/TEXACO OIL COMPANY
    1092 CHEVRON LAYOUT, WUSE ZONE 2,
    WUSE, ABUJA. NIGERIA.

Congratulation You Have Been Selected in the on-going chevron texaco award
    held on
    September 2008 and you have been awarded $1, 000, 000.00 USD. (One Million
    Dollars).Note that this promotion is mainly aimed at alleviating poverty,
    it is also
    aimed at encouraging internet Users worldwide. This email is randomly sent
    to five
    people worldwide. If you did receive this email, it means you are one of
    the five(5)
    lucky winners. Your verification number is: (CT-222-6747, FGN/P-900-56).

CONTACT OUR IMMEDIATELLY CLAIMS PROCESSING OFFICER:
    Mr. Kenneth Davids
    EMAIL: chevronawarddept2008@gmail.com
    Phone: +2348034481687
    You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon
    as possible:
    MOBILE:
    SEX (M/F):
    ANNUAL INCOME:
    REMARKS ABOUT CHEVRON/TEXACO:

We are glad to have you as one of our luckly winners.

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr. Chike Madu.
    Online Co-ordinator...

Co-sponsors of this online promotion are listed herein: Shell Oil Company,
    Pepsi Corporation, and the Federal Government of Nigeria.

• Ju
      24th of Oct, 2008

Received on 10/24/2008
    THE CHEVRON/TEXACO OIL COMPANY, CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, 1092 CHEVRON LAYOUT, WUSE ZONE 2, WUSE, ABUJA. NIGERIA. THE CHEVRON/TEXACO OFFICIAL PRIZE NOTIFICATION. You have been selected in the on-going Chevron/Texaco award held thismonth. We the promo board are pleased to inform you that you alongsidefour(4) others lucky winners have been approved for a payment of$500, 000.00 USD. (Five hundred thousand Dollars) in cash. Note that this promotion is mainly aimed at alleviating poverty, it isalso aimed at encouraging internet Users worldwide. This email is randomlysent to five people worldwide. If you did receive this email, it means youare one of the five(5) lucky winners. Your verification number is:(CT-222-6747, FGN/P-900-56). This promotion is held to mark Chevron`s Aniversary. You will be requiredto fill out your information in the below given form and send it to theFunds Release Officer in West Africa, as this is co-sponsored by theFederal Government of Nigeria. Please find his contact details below: CLAIMS PROCESSING OFFICER:Mr. Kenneth DavidsEMAIL: response.kendave@gmail.comPhone: +234.805.738.5923 You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information assoon as possible: NAME IN FULL:CONTACT ADDRESS:AGE:NATIONALITY:OCCUPATION:PHONE:FAX:MOBILE:SEX (M/F):ANNUAL INCOME (OPTIONAL):REMARKS ABOUT CHEVRON/TEXACO: We are glad to have you as one of our lucky winners. Yours Sincerely, Fredrick Obas... Co-sponsors of this Online Promotion are listed herein: Shell Oil Company, and the Federal Government of Nigeria.

• W
      29th of Oct, 2008

I got that e-mail it's a scam and a way to lose your money by sending out money via western union

• Ju
      9th of Nov, 2008

I received the same Email with the same exact verification number for $500, 000. Pretty smart to actually include major trusted coperation brand names as sponsors. My first alarm was if this was a true lottery of sorts (to alieve poverty - hahaha) then, why would I receive 2 Emails from two seperate addresses. You'd think you wouldn't need to use an AOL account for a huge international lotto like this. I reported the 1 Email address from this morning to AOL admin's. Hopefully they will investigate and shut it down. This is so illegal and morally wrong in so many ways ... how does AOL or anyone involved in fraud, scams, and internet security allow this to happen. I am sure some young sap or naive chump has been scammed hard thorugh this and others like it! Sooner or later they will ask you for your bank #'s for a tranfer and/or credit card numbers to pay for some ### in order to claim yor prize! Just friggin awful.

- One lucky $500, 000 winner

• Ka
      9th of Nov, 2008

PLEASE don't ever reply to any email like this. Good rule of thumb, if you don't know the sender don't open or reply. Fact of life, IF it sounds too good to be true, it is!!! Chevron's corporate office is in California...not overseas.

• Al
      2nd of May, 2009

Why are most of the scams coming from Africa? Does anyone know?

12th of May, 2009

This is my "first" time for an e-mail of this type --- guess I finally got "luckly" (note the spelling in the last line - lol - :) They keep getting wiser and wiser using an e-mail address that is located in Virginia, yet referring to USD (US Dollars) - I don't even own a gas card, much less purchase Texaco or Chevron gas --- I'm sure I am like others, don't give any personal information out on-line or over the phone with something this ridiculous --- Sadie in NC

From: "CHEVRON TEXACO"
    Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:43:20 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
    Subject: CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS OFFICER

You have been selected in the on-going Chevron/Texaco award held thisMay 2009 and you are to claim the sum of $750, 000 USD.it means you are one of the five(5) lucky winners. Your verification number is: (CT-222-6747, FGN/P-900-56). CLAIMS PROCESSING OFFICER:

Name: Mr.Albert Thomas

Email : albertthomas070@8u8.com

You are to contact your claims agent with this details below:

NAME IN FULL: DELIVERY ADDRESS: AGE:NATIONALITY: OCCUPATION: PHONE: SEX:

We are glad to have you as one of our luckly winners.

Yours Sincerely, Mrs Shawn George
    Online Co-ordinator.

16th of Jun, 2009

I got the same scam-mail.. I just tell them to send me my money and i'll reimburse the shipping fees when i get my money.. lol.. yah, it never works.. i'm still broke, lol..

• Sh
      17th of Jun, 2009

I just got one for 750, 000. I'm really upset having a new baby, I was going to use for her college fund and pay off debt. My local chevron station told me it was real, so apparently they don't know either.

• Mi
      24th of May, 2011

May 24, 2011. This one is still going around. I received it today from Mrs. Paula White
    From: Chev/Tex [mailto:chevronwinner0003@cox.net]
    Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:26 AM
    Subject: [I] Redeem Your Winnings

Your email as indicated was picked in the on-going Chevron/Texaco Award held today, we the promo board are
    pleased to inform you that the sum of ($750, 000.00 usd) has been approved for you. Your verification number is:(CHH-
    4068TP945-MY).

Kindly Provide Below :

1)Complete Names, (2)Complete Address, (3)Gender,
    4)Type of Work, (5) Country of residence (6)Mobile No, (7)Age

Congratulations once again !!!

Yours Sincerely,