Testing Authority Inc.com / Refund for testing supplies

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I went thru the first part of my 12 step process which is done online.I then followed the directions after completing my first epractice exam, which was to work thru my study guide.A few weeks later, I tried to go back online to take my final epractice exam.I then found a notice that my account had been disabled and tried to email the company thru the email address that was offered.I got a response to call the customer care number.Those numbers(4 different 1-800 numbers) were now no longer in service.I emailed the Better Business Bureau after calling BBB to file a complaint.I was told that over 700 complaints had been filed against them.I am requesting my refund of 129.50 which is what I paid for my study materials.I even sent a local TV station an email about this fraud.

Comments

8th of May, 2009

I totally agree with you that Testing Authority is a FRAUD!!! I too am trying to find a way to get my refund for my study materials. I've tried logging into my account with Testing Authority and I've called the number that came with my study materials and it too has been disconnected. I paid for the study materials in hopes to make a career change and provide a better life for myself and my family and now I'm finding out that I was taken advantage of a company. I never thought in a million years this would happen to me. I know its only $129.50, but for me that money can go a long way for my family.

• Cu
      12th of May, 2009

I agree with you i also was scammed

13th of May, 2009

I feel stupid and hurt. I don't know what to do is there some way of sueing or getting are money back? I
    I am going to find a way and contact someone about this. I still can't believe I got scammed.

13th of May, 2009

i agree too is a fraud i still waiting for the email to take the practices test, i been waiting for a month already and the 1800 numbers never in services, i want my money back ans iam not even working with two kids i feel hurt.

13th of May, 2009

I called the Usps and theytold me it is a fraud. I suggest changing your checking acct. #(I have) and do a credit report to make sure they didn't use your info for more fraud. theres a way to get a free annual credit report my husband got his at annualcreditreport.com I am on my way to do the same. I plan on looking further into this and will keep updating my progresss through this site.

14th of May, 2009

I was totally scam by Testing Authority Inc. They promise me guarantee money back within fail exam etc. Now I cant even get hold of them.

14th of May, 2009

I found out that these people go state to state placing therer ads in local news papers. I found more victims from this scamm from florida to california. If any one wants to contact me my e-mail adress is
    cubarican1984@yahoo.com I am still looking into this I am giong to call my local news tv station. I plan on getting this out to as much media as possible because if we just play victim nothing is going to change except the the increace of more hard working people getting ripped off!

• Mr
      18th of May, 2009

i too agree to this... they reel people like us in who are looking for a decent job and here we think we are investing in a job and we are really getting ripped off in the end. And what sucks is that there are people out there probably every day that are getting ripped of from this and more of there scams, and the sad thing about it is that at times like there are right now when people like us need that 129.50 we have no way to get it back and probably never will. If anyone has found anyway out to try and get something done about this and needs any help i am in georgia and you can email me at c.hadley302@comcast.net

• Pe
      19th of May, 2009

NEW NUMBER AND NAME !!! INFO FOR U

The company went out of business and now they are United Testing and Eduction center here's the link:http: //www.theutec.com the phone number is Call 1-888-302-9545 for Assistance. Look at the information and their refund policy its the same so dont let them tell you any different! Good luck

• Ni
      22nd of May, 2009

I was also scammed last year. The sales person not only completely failed to disclose that they are not affiliiated with the USPS (even hinting that they were), but she also completely failed to mention a single word about the refund policy.

The form I got with the package stating the refund policy says "this was outlined when you placed your order." Yet it wasn't, and I had no way of knowing this until AFTER I dropped this expense that I could barely afford at the time. So now I am being penalized because their incompetent salesperson made a mistake (or intentionally didn't say anything about it...)

I was planning to wait the full year, but recently found out through other people's reports that I actually have a chance of getting my money back now. I just called the new number for "utec", but (not surprisingly) nobody was available to talk to me. I'm going to keep calling until I get a person on the line and then put them through the wringer. I know several lawyers and will not hesitate to take every legal action possible against these ### if denied a refund.

Oh, and I'm still seeing their ads on Craigslist to this day. Everytime I see one, I flag it for removal and post my own detailed ad warning people about this. Please do the same if you come across one of these ads; it's the least you can do for all the people that haven't been scammed yet.

Feel free to contact me at nnor01@yahoo.com

It would be great if we could organize something to get the word out.

• Pe
      24th of May, 2009

I totally agree. I was also scammed into this lie. I am a single mom of 2 and was only looking out for me and my family and now all the numbers has been disconnected and I have no way of getting my money back.. This was in Winchester Ky

• We
      28th of May, 2009

This company so called testing authority is so crazy and foolish with thier way of scamming working hard peolpe to get. Using the usps to lied. I think the usps should do something about this issue and let bad names stop using thier names to get money. I was scammed 149.50 for stupid document which I never used and was told my refund will be back a year. none of thier phones numbers is going this is crazy they need to be put in jail and made to refund our money back.

• Kr
      5th of Jun, 2009

I saw the ad in the newspaper and like a fool a called I borrowed money so I can get the exam. Now I'm calling the number and nobodys picking up... Each time I call it says I'm the first in line but I was first in line for 35 mins. I'm so bloody angry right now..

Will someone please contract to share what info u have

E-mail is kfbelfon03@yahoo.com

• Mw
      19th of Jun, 2009

I guess there is no solution to this...we all lost a lot of money. The government is not going to do anything about it because they feel that there's a greater issues out there than this.

• Br
      24th of Jun, 2009

hi i am also a victim!! im trying to contact them to get a refund too but none of their 1-800 #s are workin..they are SCAM!!!
    can somebody tell me or help whats the best way to get my money back? my email add is Brattboy23@yahoo.com...thanks so much

• La
      26th of Jul, 2009

I do AGREE I purchased and registered online in Oct 08. Havent heard a thing sense.
    I called all the numbers on the guide and of course no longer in service.
    If anyone does come up with a number please let me know.
    onaventure@comcast.net
    Lauri

• Da
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I bought mine two yeard ago and never got as chance to take the exam. Now I want my money back, someone please help me. Times are tough and I could use the money. Please email me @ dahria.m@gmail.com. THank you. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

• Ro
      5th of Aug, 2009

Yes! the same thing happened to me. I ordered my study materials in January 2009 from a gastonia, nc newspaper add and in July 2009 I called to just ask a question and none of the numbers worked. I called the BBB and there was really nothing they could really do. Does anyone know how to get back this money!!?????..Robin Jackson

• Mw
      12th of Aug, 2009

You all feel stupid well I quess I am one of many then cause I feel like the biggest fool of them all I have a relative who works for the postal service I should have called them first before being decived! How do We get our money back that they promised for the refund!!! ANYOne need some paper for a fire!
    Let me know if anyone is able to get a refund at mwelljake@yahoo.com Thanks and good luck.

• Fo
      18th of Aug, 2009

this is michael f i was cheated for my money in birmingham and i want my money back utec owe me and i feel very bad this happen to me if any one can make them pay back my email is ben_no_two@yahoo.com let me know.