Testing Authority / postal exam - nothing offered for money spent

1 16117 floral hill driveBrookings, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7022180663

On Mon. Nov 17th, 2008 I spent $129.50 on information and testing material for the United States Postal Service in hopes of getting a new career. I have yet to hear from or recieve any information on whether or not any positions are available. As of now, I am not working (which is the case for so many people) and the money spent was a lot to begin with. I got the information out of the local newspaper and thought it was legitimate. I recently tried to call the phone number [protected]) and it has been disconnected. Now What? How do I get my money back as promised if I did not benefit from this positon offered? Can someone please help? From this offer my customer service id is #AUC3810. Please contact me (Debbie Guenther) as soon as you can. Thank You.

Comments

• Su
      18th of Mar, 2009
    Testing Authority - Awful experience
    testingauthorityinc.com

I purchased their book and it was outdated. The material no longer covers the USPS exam. They know the material is antiquated and continue to sell it. The will not refund my money!!! I have been trying to get reimbursed for over 3 months. It is a scam and they are lying to the customers.

• So
      27th of Apr, 2009

You are all right. First I couldn't access anything on their web site and now I can't even loged in. Also I spent hours waiting on the phone for somebody to pick up and now the phone number it says the number is incorrect. I just can not believe it...
    What did you guys do to work at the Post Office? I saw the add in the newspaper and I called and that is how I got testing authority...
    I am so mad right now...
    And now I just decided it to google it...and this is what I find. I knew something was not right...

• He
      8th of Jul, 2009
    Testing Authority - need refund for scam
    Phone: 1-800-709-0162
    testingauthorityinc.com

I purchased the testing materials from this company in August 2008 and was told that i would receive a refund if there were no job openings in a years time. i have tried to call and there is no answer. i'm not even able to access their website anymore. i would like my refund of over $100!!!

• Va
      28th of Jul, 2009
    Testing Authority - Test for Postal Work
    North Carolina

I answered an add in the local paper for postal positions and was told form one of the represesntstives that I spoke with that I should send in money for a book that contained training materials and job lists for the post office. I did all of this studied and then tried to call to schedule a date and time for the test and the number provided is not in service. How do I get my money back. I'm sure others have been scammed by the same add.

• Jt
      26th of Aug, 2009

I am in the same position. I didn't benifit at all and now am being ripped off. If u have heard anything please let me know as well.

• Re
      15th of Sep, 2009

I also purchased a Postal Study Guide and was told I could receive a refund once a year had passed, and no examine was able to be given. The 800 number is no longer a working number. Has anyone figured out how to get reimbursed for their loses to this scam?
    Looking for answers,
    Connie Diest, St. Petersburg, FL 33707

• 0 Votes
    Testing Authority - I tried to get in the internet to follow the instruction and whala!! it sent me to the complaint board
    TESTING AUTHORITY INC
    1652 Marietta Blvd
    Atlanta
    Phone: 1800-691-1036
    testingauthorityinc.com

My husband order the material that said that will prepare you better for getting a job at a US postal Service. I did try to start the practices on line and follow all the intruction, but for my surprise I could not get the web site and when tried to call three different numbers, those number are not working number : ( . Can someone tell me how can I get my money back it's about little more than $133.00? I really, really, really need that money. Please help me.

• Br
      1st of Aug, 2016

Beware The Testing Authority has a new subsidiary company named TheUtec (they claim they have no affiliation but i was dumb enough to purchase the study material and my confirmation email came from The Testing Authority). After i received the email i grew concerned. Then I started snooping and realized i may have been scammed (159.50 I was charged) so i immediately called them back and canceled my order. They have 700+ complaints on BBB ( actually, according to the BBB they shouldn't even be in business). So consumers beware! Most major USPS locations are under a hiring freeze, so it doesn't even matter.

• Ga
      1st of Aug, 2016

My attitude towards complaint is I got scammed also. I tried to get a refund and have been unable to reach anyone at the number on my kit. I want a refund. I am going through a divorce, have no money and trusted this service. Now I can not reach anyone to get the refund that was promised me in the package I recieved. I was lied to and now I am out of my refund. I need help, help, help, my money is important to me because I am unemployed and have no income coming in.

• Ga
      1st of Aug, 2016

testing authority, P.O. box 923088, Norcross, GA 30010-3088 has scammed me out of money also. The complaint that is made is the same experience I am having to go through. How do I retrieve my refund?

1st of Aug, 2016

Yeah, me too . Why else would I be here? Think I may try to see if I paid by check and trace them that way. It's been over a year they did send me the package, I did register on the site, now the site doesn' t exist anymore and the # I have no longer reaches anyone. Anybody want to buy my booklet for $125?

• Ca
      1st of Aug, 2016

My boyfriend actually did the same thing he recieved the booklet. when he tried to go online the website no longer workered and the phone number doesnt either. This is absolutley rediculous. Someone please help

• Th

• Te
    Norcross
    Georgia

Recieved the materials but the book has a customer service number that you can call but the number was out of service. I was trying to contact the company but I ended up contacting the credit card agency to see who the company was. They was advertised in the Chicago Sun-Times paper. They with-drew $129.50 from my account. I would like a refund.

• Do
    TESTING AUTHORITY
    3524N MARVINE ST
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 2674959421
    TESTINGAUTHORITYINC.COM

I SAW THE AD ON LINE AND CALL THE NOMBER THAT WAS ATTACH TO THE AD GOT THE CUSTOMER CARE THEY TOLE ME HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS WHEN THEY SEND ME THE BOOKLET I STUDY . WHEN I WAS FOR THE EXAM AND CALL THE THE 1800 NUMBER THEY ALL WAS NOT WORKING SO HOW DO I GET BACK MY MONEY? AND WHO CAN I TALK TO ABOUT THIS?