Tessa Konc Photography / Be careful if you consider using Tessa Konc

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Tessa Konc Photography – Tessa Konc | Be careful if you consider using Tessa Konc.

My wife (then fiancée) and I hired Tessa Konc to photograph our wedding. At first things seemed to be going great. Reasonable price, her portfolio seemed to have some nice pictures and she was always extremely prompt in returning and answering phone calls. This all ended once she received her 50% “non-refundable” deposit.

The problems started when we wanted to confirm everything would go seamless on the day of the wedding.

I placed phone calls and left Tessa voicemails 21 (this is when I started documenting the calls), 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 6 and 5 days before our wedding. Emails were sent 9, 7, 6, and 5 days before the wedding. Text messages were sent 6 and 5 days before the wedding. We received no response…

Do you see why we started to panic?

Left with no other options, 4 days before the wedding we hired another photographer and sent Tessa an email demanding our deposit back. Within minutes she responded and called us… Reminding us that she still wanted to shoot our wedding and the deposit was no-refundable.

Okay, we hired another photographer and gave this person a deposit because we couldn’t get a hold of Tessa for more the 15 days. Is this a good situation? What should I have done? This was unacceptable! She only contacted us after we demanded our deposit back. Would she even do a good job if she came? Would she even show up?

LONG STORY SHORT: We couldn’t get a hold of her for 15 days before the wedding. Left with no other options, we hired another photographer. She now REFUSES to refund our deposit… Be careful if you consider using Tessa Konc.

Comments

27th of Jan, 2009

I had a similar situation. She took my deposit and never returned my calls!

• Al
      12th of Jul, 2010

We hired Tessa Konc for our April 2009 wedding. We thought she was great - she was always able to meet with us to discuss the wedding, etc. The only thing we didn't like was that she wanted half the money down as a deposit and the rest the day of the wedding. However, we decided to trust her and agree to those terms. She showed up at the wedding and was there as long as we needed her. After the wedding, she sent us our CD that we purchased (which was ridiculously EXPENSIVE!). It took her a YEAR to finally get us the "free" prints that came with our package - and now, OVER A YEAR LATER, we can't get a hold of her and she still owes us 2 albums (the reason she owes them to us is because she "misplaced" some of the photos she had taken the day of the wedding. She is now ignoring us and I have contacted her several times! She has abosolutely no morals what so ever - as well as no work ethic. DO NOT HIRE HER! The pictures were definitely not worth it, my high school cousin could have done a better job!

12th of Jul, 2010

And she will never return your calls because she is unethical. "Tessa Konc" soon to be "TESSA RICHARDSON" because she is getting married to Dorian Richardson. Don't let a name change let her get away with all the posted complaints on the internet!