Termite Inspection / Trying to Rip People Off

1 2141 Main Street, Suite RDunedin, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 727-734-8688

Had to have a Termite Inspection done when buying a house, costing $45. Realtor suggested Hughes Exterminators, and was present during the Inspection, since I was not able to be there. I never received a Receipt or Report, so contacted the Realtor who obtained the Report for me. Page 1 said there was no visible signs observed. Page 2 said specific areas were not visible or accessible for inspection, including portions of the attic, interior, eves & fascia. There was a comment that said there was no activity seen at time of inspection. Customer paid $45 with check at time of inspection, which was supposed to be my receipt! Page 3 had a mold disclaimer which said to obtain a mold professional. The Health Department does these inspections. Page 4 said to pay a total of $390 for Pest Control, $270 for Mosquito Control, $200 for Fire Ant Control, $480 for Lawn Care, $265 for Termite Control, not including initial service, initial investment, or annual renewal. Now I know why one of their customers filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They seem more concerned with money than doing their job it seems!

Ei
Apr 25, 2015

Comments

• Hu
      27th of Apr, 2015

Dear Eileen,

At Hughes Exterminators, your 100% satisfaction is our goal. Per the state of Florida’s regulations, we performed an official Wood Destroying Organism (WDO) Inspection report, at the request of your real estate agent and submitted the report to your real estate agent. At the same time, we conducted a free whole home evaluation for your future consideration. If you have any questions on your WDO report I can be reached directly at 727-734-8688 or gkearley@hughes-exterminators.com. Thank you.

Sincerely,