teremes.con / Credit Card Charge

1 NV, United States Review updated:

Unauthorized charge of $9.85 to my credit card for a music download by an unknown person. Co. said I could go to their WEB Page & fill out a form to receive a credit. Haven't found WEB Page yet! Suspect Co. of random charges to various credit card accounts (i.e. fraud or sloppy accounting proceedures!).

Comments

St
  24th of Aug, 2009

I found a charge from "teremes.com" for the same amount (9.95) on my end-of-year credit card summary. It's not such a big deal that it raised a red flag when it occurred, but when my wife started doing the taxes, we couldn't find anything we'd bought online for that amount. I went to the URL that was listed, and it expired on Aug. 7. 09.
Doing a Google search brought me here.
I could use the ten bucks right now, but mostly I'm pissed that I didn't notice this when it happened. Remember the bank teller in Chicago who subtracted a dime on every check he cashed? Who's going to notice that they got charged an extra dime?? He got caught when someone at the bank noticed that he was depositing a whole lotta money in his personal account, with the bank being the payor. It wasn't millions, but it was pretty substantial.
And yes, I remember Richard Pryor's scam with "fractional payments" in Superman III, but I don't remember which one of these came first.
Anybody else notice spurious charges from this "company?"