Tempurpedic / hell on earth

1 Sanford, United States Review updated:
Phone: 321 277 1225

After much hoopla, I was pushed into buying a tempurpedic bed - I asked the salesperson, and I quote ' is tempurpedic a hot bed? I was told no!!! I was told that was just an urban legend and was absolutely not a hot sleeping bed. My first nihgt I was drenched in sweat, and my mattress was soaked. When I called to retun it, they said I had to pay $300 frt back to the factory - a detail they didnt mention when I bought it. I ended up giving the bed away, and bought a new cooler sleeping bed at a local store in the mall.

Comments

• Do
      19th of Apr, 2008

After much hoopla, I was pushed into buying a tempurpedic bed - i asked the salesperson, and i quote ' IS TEMPURPEDIC A HOT BED? I was told NO!!! I was told that was just an urban legend and was absolutely NOT a hot sleeping bed. My first nihgt i was drenched in sweat, and my mattress was soaked. When i called to retun it, they said i had to pay $300 frt back to the factory - a detail they didnt mention when i bought it. i ended up giving the bed away, and bought a new cooler sleeping bed at a local store in the mall.

• To
      6th of Jun, 2008

My mother owns a tempur pedic and I own one too. I have the adjustable queen, she has the normal king.

I'm super sweaty most of the time and have fevers almost every day because of chronic illnesses and I don't find the Tempur pedic hot at all. I don't find it puts off any chemical gasses or anything bizarre like some people say. They are good and last a long time.

The only complaint is that after about 5 years your body starts to leave a small imprint of maybe 1 inch. But this can be probably be minimized by rotating the bed every couple years.

I find it really comfortable and it takes the pressure off my body. I have fibromyalgia among 1000 other things and it really helps me sleep.

Maybe some beds get hot, i'm not sure. But ours don't so I would recommend it. Very comfortable! Expensive, but worth it.

Whatever u do, check out the complaints for sleepnumber cuz i almost bought one until i read the 100000 complaints about them!

Beware!

• Lv
      4th of Nov, 2008

I bought my Tempurpedic a year ago & absolutely love the comfort that it provides. I too get extremely hot, but I don't think it has anything to do with the mattress, rather my bout with menopause instead. My only complaint is that after some time of ownership the box spring makes a hell of a racket getting in & out of bed. Kind of sounds like loud squeaky old floor boards when walked upon. They advertise no disturbance by movement to wake the other, but rather the noise the box spring makes upon movement sure does!

• Ha
      5th of Mar, 2009

We purchased a Tempur Pedic Memory foam mattress a few years ago and have found the Mattress itself very comfortable for a good night's sleep. But we have had to have the company come our to replace the foundation 5 TIMES!!! The company has been very good about it, but I shouldn't have to go through the process every 4-5 months. For some reason, the foundation gets squeaky and creaky, not just in the area where we usually sleep, but all over. It sounds like cardboard up against cheap pine wood, rubbing together.
    ALSO ONE OF MY BIGGEST COMPLAINTS IS THIS.. AN IMPORTANT, but embarrassing problem, WITH THIS MATTRESS: i will try to write this in a way that doesn't offend anyone.. this is something no one will tell you at the mattress store and friends will not talk about. THIS MATTRESS IS TERRIBLE FOR INTIMACY! YOU CAN BARELY MOVE IN IT. THERE ARE NO SPRINGS, WHICH MAKES MOVING AROUND FEEL LIKE YOU'RE GLUED TO THE MATTRESS. SO, IF YOU'RE A YOUNG, ACTIVE COUPLE, THINK TWICE BECAUSE THIS WILL DEFINITELY AFFECT THAT ASPECT OF A MARRIED LIFE. AND IF YOU ARE AN OLDER COUPLE, IT WILL MAKE IT EVEN MORE DIFFICULT, AS YOU SINK INTO THE MATTRESS.

• Nm
      1st of May, 2009

happymom9666, Work Harder :)

The box springs can be noisy. I put some foam on the rails where they sit and the problem went away. You can get the foam at Home Depot or a similar store. I think that the rigidity of the box spring on an uneven surface causes them to tweak a little.

Great beds!

• Wj
      2nd of Sep, 2009

They do sleep warmer because they increase blood circulation. With no pressure points (unlike metal spring beds), that added blood flow will RAISE your body temp.

I reccomend sleeping with a fan on or buying a chilipad (google it).

I own a tempur pedic and I am a big guy that normally sleeps hot, but I sleep with fan on and I love mine. It's worth it to get a good nights sleep, especially one that makes you healthier

• Ti
      19th of Oct, 2009

<<>>

That sounds and reads great but is total BS.
    The foam beds are hot and relieving pressure points has nothing to do with temperature.
    When we sleep our blood pressure slows and that makes us cooler.
    That's why you fall asleep with your covers off and when you wake up your covers are on.
    Having the weight of your body pressed down on memory foam is not going to allow any air to get under your body, hence the heat issue.
    While this does not effect everyone anyone who is hot natured or experiencing hot flashes now or in the next 10 years should avoid the product unless you want to be uncomfortable because of warmth.

• Sl
      3rd of Oct, 2010

Here's a solution for hot sleepers, the worlds first air conditioned mattress set. www.YuMebed.com

• Va
      7th of Nov, 2011

Yes, I bought a cloud luxe and loved it for the 1st month but as the days went on, and the cells opened up it got softer and softer, I sunk deeper and that's when the heat problems started, it retains your body temp, because when I would get out of bed from being so hot, I would come back say 1 hour later, the bed was still warm, this is with ceiling fan, AC on 72, I tried cotton mattress pads, high count sheets, layering sheets, got the temp down some, but then it felt like a rock, make sure you get the 90 days if you buy one, I guess it's just not for everyone, I also had never bought one because of hearing about the heat issue, but the sales people told me theses new models, it was not van issue, mine is going back, and I did everything I could to get that 1st month feeling, but they are firmer when you get them until the heat, opens up the cells in the memory foam, and loose that firmness, it's definitely not for me, going back to Latex
    Vanessa Florida

• To
      14th of Jun, 2012

I have one better, we bought a Tempur-Pedic Allura and after 90 days and the smell which we couldn't handle we had it swapped out under warranty but still under Mattress Firms 100 day return. The new one came today and was in cardboard and wrapped in plastic but when they opened it and set it up it had a rip in the top along with a stain on the side. Not only was there a stain but in this triangular 12'" or so stain there were dog hairs in it. I started looking more into the bed after I was told a third bed would be brought out and looked at the tag. It was dated 6-2-2012 made in Albuqurue NM, yes the tag had the incorrect spelling and it had been glued onto another tag which had ben ripped apart but sewn to the bed. As I looked under the new tag I found a date of April 26, 2012 on the permanent tag. Yes 2 months earlier.

My summation is that Mattress Firm requires any returned beds to be clean so they can rip off the permanent tags and glue on a new one which isn't even from Temper-pidic.

Yes I would agree with you class action law suit, but with my iron clad suit I am not going to partner in a class action where the first person that starts it and the attorneys get rich but will be contacting my business lawyer and own Mattress Firm when I am done with them.