Telus Mobility / deceptive cancellation charges
I recently received a large bill from Telus Mobility after transferring my numbers to Rogers, due to poor cellphone reception and customer service issues. The bill contained (amongst other charges) a $240 cancellation fee. Upon contacting Telus customer service, I was informed that there were service contracts remaining totaling 9 months between two phones that were on the account (72 month commitment between the 2, 63 months fulfilled).
I requested a compromise for the 9 months remaining, since the value Telus attributed to the 72 month commitment was $400 (their quote to me), I offered to pay back the percentage remaining 9/72 of $400 or $50 total.
The agent refused to compromise - I then offered to reactivate the account in order to payout the remaining contract. They would not take this option either.
Finally, I quoted the more than 11 years (between the 2 phones) that I had been a customer - and asked was it their intention to make sure I would never be a customer again? The agent commented that they can not do any crediting of these fees.
I then asked if they would like me to cancel my other accounts (home phone, etc) with Telus?
The agent offered to do so immediately if I would provide her the numbers.
It's unfortunate that this is how Telus would treat a long-time customer, happily canceling accounts and leaving a sour taste that will long ensure I will never do business with Telus again.
More Telus Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Telus Mobility - very, very unhappy customer! 
- Telus/Easy PC plan - false advertising and overcharging 
- Telus Mobility - do not consider telus mobility! 
- Telus - misleading advertising 
- Telus Mobility - billing errors! 
- Telus Communications - content club
- Telus Communications - home service mistreatment
- Telus Communications - telus
- Telus Communications - final billing
- Telus Communications - general