Telus Mobility - BB Bold / stay away from telus
Before travelling to Spain, I recently visited a telus store to confirm that my BB Curve would work during my trip. The sales person told me it would NOT work and that I could upgrade to a BB which would operate in Europe. So I did upgrade - to a Bold - after the salesman confirmed that i could return to my current contract and Curve if I wasn't satisfied within 14 days.
The Bold did NOT work during my visit to Spain. The best phone service I received was SOS and I had absolutely NO data service - even after confirming I had the correct SIM card - AND after spending 3 hours with the telus help desk during my trip. To add much insult to injury, a colleague I was travelling with had almost flawless service (both phone & data) from an I Phone with Rogers service.
I returned from my trip and immediately attempted to return the Bold (after 11 days) and return to my previous plan as a result of the non-performance of the BB. They told me I could only exchange the BB and that I was stuck with a new contract. After spending another 2.5 hrs escalating my request (including their Loyalty & Retention department), they denied my request to return the phone stating that the BB performed OK in Ontario and that they do not guarantee any results in Europe. To be clear, the salesperson at the London Masonville Store (Scott Gordon) who sold me the Bold lied to me about the return policy. None of the people I spoke with would accept any responsibility for the performance of the phone or the false claims made by their sales man.
I am now stuck with a very expensive BB which will not perform in an area I need to do business in. I am absolutely disgusted with telus. A customer is not someone you dictate service to.
More Telus Mobility - BB Bold Complaints & Reviews
- Telus Mobility - very, very unhappy customer! 
- Telus/Easy PC plan - false advertising and overcharging 
- Telus Mobility - deceptive cancellation charges 
- Telus Mobility - do not consider telus mobility! 
- Telus - misleading advertising 
- Telus Communications - billing errors and lack of support and resolve the issues
- Telus Communications - content club
- Telus Communications - home service mistreatment
- Telus Communications - telus
- Telus Communications - final billing