Telstra / Phone disconnection and then subsequent bill

Perth, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0425265779
Hi,
I have tried to rectify this problem with telstra and get simpy niceties with no practical help.
I put in a disconnection and reconnection notice for mid January. They proceeded to disconnect my service, phone and internet on the 22nd December. They apologised and said it would be turned on by the 24th December but however it was not and then on another conversation (again using mobile phone) said there was a glich in the new system and orders of reconnections were not going through. After several phone calls and a phone complaint put in. The service was turned back on 31st December. I was without phone and internet for a week during the christmas period. I have 7 children and had to leave a mobile phone at home to use as the 'home phone' and take a mobile with mum to be able to keep in touch with older children etc. As you can imagine my subsequent phone bill was much higher than usual. When the complaints people rang they said they would give me a 'bonus' of $50 as a 'kind gesture by telstra'. I was told by someone else on one of the numerous calls to telstra to use the telstra mobile phone as the home phone and they would most likely cover costs...not so and now I have two massive bills for someones elses mistake. I was also told I would not be charged a reconnection fee but I also was charged that too. I have tried ringing again to get through to someone who could see that this is unreasonable but they all give you the stock answers. I was actually told the final bill over the phone but told to ring back in a day when I have the paper bill in my hand. Im not sure what difference that would make and I was given no substantial help with this valid complaint. Still trying to get some help but have no idea how to...the impression Ive been given is that it happened to a few people and those that complain loud enough or get on to the right people will get help. I heard of this happening to another lady and they credited her whole bill for the time that they had disconnected her but this is not done for me when it was exactly the same situation.
Where to from here?
Mu

Comments

Sort by: Date | DownRating
Ra
  30th of Mar, 2009
telstra is hopeless. You can try lodging a complaint in writing and take it from there. I personally am very pissed, upset, disgusted with Telstra. I find that when you call them, the so called consultants just put you on mute when you take the trouble to explain in a calm controlled manner on what the problem is. I have been living in an apartment for 4 years and suddenly they changed my address for me as a result of an upgrade to some stupid Siebel system. I have called more than 10x and wrote more than 5 emails and the problem never got resolved. I have recently moved to a new villa and again they got my address wrong. Not only that, I have just discovered heaps of unauthorised calles when i checked my bill online. This is insane. I am going to make one last round of complaint and that's it. If matters don't get resolved i'm going to another service provider or just make do without a land line at all!!

Telstra Corporation Logo Telstra Corporation