Telkom / unethical behavior
I sent through a my cancellation of my line on 30/03/2016 (March 2016)
I have made all payment on my line for the two month as request for the cancellation period and they still continue to keep my line on.
I have phone them multiple times and even posted on their social media stating a reference number of service provider who canceled the line and yet no action has been done.
Herewith a copy of my proof of payment for my last bill on 31st May and herewith my email confirming my cancellation of the line.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Service Cancellation
Date: Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 3:57 PM
Subject: AutoReply : Telkom Service Cancellations
To: marc lailvaux
We hereby acknowledge receipt of your fixed line Consumer Contract and Services Cancellation/Retention Request. A service consultant will contact you within 14 business days to verify the information provided and/or confirm cancellation/retention options available.
Please be advised that:
· This mailbox handles consumer fixed line cancellation requests only and for all other requests e.g. Billing, Faults, DSL Speed issues or Order Progress, please call Telkom on 10210.
· For business requests please call Telkom on 10217.
· Please note that all requests must be accompanied by a completed and signed “Consumer Contract and Services Cancellation/Retention Request” form. The form is available at http://tiny.cc/canceltelkom.
· Please include proof of the account holder’s identification or duly authorised person’s identification (copy of SA ID or passport).
· Copy of death certificate (if applicable).
· Failure to provide the above could lead to unnecessary delays.
Please note that a standard written notice period applies in terms of changes to Telkom products and services.
This e-mail is subject to the Telkom SA SOC Ltd electronic communication legal notice,
available at : http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF
More Telkom Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018