Telkom / unethical behavior

Johannesburg, South Africa Review updated:

I sent through a my cancellation of my line on 30/03/2016 (March 2016)
I have made all payment on my line for the two month as request for the cancellation period and they still continue to keep my line on.
I have phone them multiple times and even posted on their social media stating a reference number of service provider who canceled the line and yet no action has been done.

Herewith a copy of my proof of payment for my last bill on 31st May and herewith my email confirming my cancellation of the line.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Service Cancellation
Date: Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 3:57 PM
Subject: AutoReply : Telkom Service Cancellations
To: marc lailvaux

Dear Customer
We hereby acknowledge receipt of your fixed line Consumer Contract and Services Cancellation/Retention Request. A service consultant will contact you within 14 business days to verify the information provided and/or confirm cancellation/retention options available.
Please be advised that:
· This mailbox handles consumer fixed line cancellation requests only and for all other requests e.g. Billing, Faults, DSL Speed issues or Order Progress, please call Telkom on 10210.

· For business requests please call Telkom on 10217.

· Please note that all requests must be accompanied by a completed and signed “Consumer Contract and Services Cancellation/Retention Request” form. The form is available at http://tiny.cc/canceltelkom.

· Please include proof of the account holder’s identification or duly authorised person’s identification (copy of SA ID or passport).

· Copy of death certificate (if applicable).

· Failure to provide the above could lead to unnecessary delays.

Please note that a standard written notice period applies in terms of changes to Telkom products and services.

Kind Regards
Telkom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This e-mail is subject to the Telkom SA SOC Ltd electronic communication legal notice,
available at : http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF

Ma
Jun 30, 2016

Comments

Jul 12, 2016

I have the same problem as you do! Since November 2015 I try to get an account from them and suddenly hear I have been handed over.
    After numerous emails and payments, as well as letters of cancellation of the phone I still receive billings. I don't know who and how to contact these people. The one lady phoned me, I sent her an email as requested and now ... SILENCE!! I can't get anyone in the big whole Telkom to help me. Its a shame!!