Telkom SA SOC / telkom landline

Cape Town, ZA

I relocated in January from George to Cape Town. My landline there was [protected]. I went to the Telkom office in Claremont in the last week of January to move my line to Vredehoek, Cape Town. I was told by the assistent that I cannot move it, but have to cancel it and reapply for a new line, which I did immediately and paid the R900+ installation fee. A few days later I received an sms to tell me which day the installation will take place. On the installation date I received a phone call from a person in Port Elizabeth saying that he is in front of my house. Obviously the assistent did not apply for installation at the right address.
I tried contacting Telkom but as usual could not get any person on the other end of the line after numerous attempts. I then revisited Jonathan Bennett at the Claremont Telkom office who promised to correct the application and communicate with the technical department.
Last week I emailed Jonathan again as I have not heard anything yet from telkom. He replied that he will immediately enquire and get back to me. I have not heard anything from him after that.
I also received a phone call from Sybil from the accounts department last week who wanted to know why i cancelled my George line. I explained the whole situation to her and she promised to get back to me before 10 am the next morning. She never got back to me. Today i received another invoice for my old line! It appears that it had never been cancelled and Telkom is still charging me despite no service since Jan. There is NO COMMUNICATION and NO COMPETENCY in the company.

This is the 4th request for:

1) CANCELLATION OF MY OLD LINE

2) REFUNDING ME FOR THE PAYMENTS FOR A LINE THAT DOES NOT EXIST

3) REFUNDING MY INSTALLATION FEE.

I am astounded by this company and does not want to use them ever again as they have absolutely no respect for their clients.

Ma