Telkom SA SOC / long overdue delay in the termination of my expired mobile contract

1 South Africa

To Whom It May Concern

My Name is Luthando Pulumo and I have a Telkom Mobile Contract with Account Number: [protected] that expired around October or November 2017, if I am correct. I have been trying to get this contract terminated but have not been successful till to date. The transaction reference number for the debit order on my bank account are as follows: TELKOMMOBI50133933501668 and deducting R 254.56 every month end.

My first attempt to have the contract terminated was telephonically around February 2018 and was informed by the Call Centre Consultant that they will forward me a cancellation form via email for me to complete and submit it to the cancellations department but the form never came.

My second attempt in trying to get the contract terminated was on the 20th of April 2018. I spoke with a Call Centre Consultant, Ms. Nelisiwe Mkhize who immediately sent me the forms as I insisted they be sent whilst I was still on the phone with her (attached Annexure A - the completed cancellation form). She informed me that the process will take 21 days for it to be finalised. I submitted the completed cancellation form immediately on the same day as advised by Ms. Nelisiwe Mkhize. (Find attached Annexure B and Annexure C of my submissions). After the 21 days period the debit orders were still go through my bank account.

My third attempt in trying to get the contract terminated was on the 20 July 2018. I spoke with a gentlemen (can't remember the name), his email address is nxumalm5@telkom.co.za. He advised me of the new cancellation process that is done online however he further informed me that he will be able to assist with the termination based on the fact that the process I followed was given by a Telkom Call Centre Consultant (Ms. Nelisiwe Mkhize). The assurance of the termination came after he placed me on hold and went to consult his supervisor, and further stating that it will be done with immediate effect however the process will take 3 days to be completed. Subsequent to this, he further requested me to submit all my email correspondences between me and Ms Nelisiwe Mkhize for his record keeping as evidence to justify the reasons for this immediate termination of my contract (Find attached Annexure D - an email when I sent with the correspondences to nxumalm5@telkom.co.za). I do not have the reference number for the telephone call engagement of that day but I believe the call can be traced by my account details, the date, time and the consultant in question. For further noting, on the same telephone call, I informed the consultant that I have further instructed my banker to block the debit orders from going through my bank account as well as a precautionary measure, to demonstrate my level of frustration with this delayed cancellation process and he further assured me that it will be terminated this time. (Find attached Annexure E - debit order cancellation to the bank).

Two (2) months after, a debit order for R 966 went through my bank account for the previous months that Telkom invoice highlighted as an overdue amount. On the 18th of September 2018, I requested my banker to reverse that particular debit order based on my last communication with Telkom and the given assurance that the contract will be terminated in July 2018. (Find attached Annexure F - the bank reversal request).

I then received a letter of demand for an amount of R1220.94 on the 12th November 2018. (Find attached Annexure G - snapshot of demand letter).

On the 13th November 2018, I sent another follow up email to nxumalm5@telkom.co.za voicing out my frustration regarding this contract termination and requesting assistance but I never received a response since. (Find attached Annexure H - follow up email to nxumalm5@telkom.co.za)

This finalising of this long overdue termination process has now really affected my quality of life in many ways than one, including disrupting my personal finances, damaged my credit profile as I am now no longer eligible for any credit with all my applications being declined affecting both my personal life and my business operations.
I am therefore requesting the following:
1. This contract be terminated with immediate effect.
2. I cannot be held liable for the overdue amount of R 1730.06 be waived as my account was up to date and did not owe Telkom anything at the time I submitted my request for termination.
3. Request that Telkom rectify and update my credit profile and its scoring with the Credit Bureau with immediate effect.
4. I also request written confirmation that all of this been done for my record keeping.

I have further attached all the invoices in question as well for your noting.
I trust that the above is clear and to your satisfaction. Should there be any additional information required, I can be contacted on my mobile phone: [protected] and my email address is luthando.pulumo@gmail.com.

Looking forward to your soonest and favourable request.

Kind Regards