Telkom SA SOCignoring customer complaints - no repairs done

Since October 2015 (two years ago) I am trying to make adjustments to my monthly bill so I can use my line for ADSL only, no additional voice services required.

Every month, when I receive my incorrect bill, I call to report the error or I send a letter. In January 2017 I sent a formal Letter Of Demand.

Not once did Telkom respond - not once. I have the tracking numbers and emails to prove my efforts.

Now, suddenly, the entire line is dead for almost two weeks. I am calling twice a day from my neighbours phone. Every time I speak to another person who knows nothing about the previous call.

The service from Telkom is pathetic and disinterested. Being a State Owned Company they don't care because they know the Government is providing so they don't have to perform anything.

I guess we will have to find an organisation that is interested in providing the service the legally contracted to.

Le
Sep 03, 2017

Comments

Jan 29, 2018

Telkom is just ignoring my complaints. Sen an email after various phone calls. They politely deleted my email without reading it. I have received a response email. " your email has been deleted without being read". I immediate phoned the complaints call centre only to be be told there is gliz in the system. The consultant thought she is talking to child. Almost going on for 2 months. Service sucks and quick to suspend service if you dont pay. I am really looking for help to get this sorted

• Do
      Feb 07, 2018

the sales person from Telkom that i gave my details to, used my bank details for someone elses account too. So i have been debited for some one else account without my authorization. They refuse to investigate and cancel this fraudulent debit order .

• Su
      Feb 15, 2018

I Have had cordless for week with sim with battery but keeps on saying no sim. [protected] Can I Please get help have been to key west but they refuse and say not their work. Have phoned [protected] plus [protected] Phoned R300 on cell and still o help SCE MORGENROOD [protected]

Mar 02, 2018

I would hereby like to lie a formal complaint
    at the persons who has dealt with dispute ref [protected]
    re TELKOM adsl account no. [protected].

I have laid numerous complaints about my 4mb adsl line speed that becomes inoperable at night and that I am not getting the service I pay for.

The Fault 1011CRK was created for Service ID [protected] on 8 January at 13:34 (among many others)
    I received messages that the vault was being investigated on 11 Jan, 14 Jan, 17 Jan, 25 Jan and then a technician arrived.

Shortly before the 25th my line speed was increased from 4MB to 8MB without me requesting it. This made my internet suffer from less performance drop. I then received billing for a 8mb line.

I have lodged a billing dispute ref [protected] for TELKOM adsl account no. [protected] as I NEVER asked for the line to b upgraded and I will not pay said bill.

I got very obtuse replies for the help center who said they would escalate the matter and that a manager would call me back to clarify the increase in billing.

Until today 2 March 2018 I have not received a single call from anyone person at TELKOM who I can argue the matter out with.

Apparently a Ms. Christa Botha of the WNS call centre in Durban was supposed to call me or at least deal with the matter. NEITHER has happened.

It is also time to pay my bill. I am informing you that I pay the said bill under duress as I cannot afford tot not have internet.

Please get someone who can solve my issue to call me otherwise I will have no options but to get my service from a TELKOM competitor.

I attach a word document with screenshots of some of the interactions with the WNS call centre

Regards

Mr. Marius Buys
    cell: [protected]
    e-mail: [protected]@gmail.com

• La
      Mar 13, 2018

I've logged calls since Jan 2018 about my landline not working.I've received a bill for an upgraded line from 4mbps to 8mbps..which I've never applied for.The agent I spoke to said it was a faulty billing and would escalate the fault to the billing dept...telkom billing ref.188592088A
    dispute ref.[protected]
    A openserve agent called me to offer me an
    upgrade to 10mbps line 16.02.2018
    ref.191440568A
    I now received a bill for R2500 for a 10mbps line even though no upgrade was done

Please investigate