Telkom SA SOC

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 by

011 8221516. uncapped dsl

Pretoria, South Africa
telkom.co.za
On 28th April we received a Telkom line and uncapped DSL as well as a telephone number 011-822-1516. Around 3 days after the receipt of the ADSL Router and login details, the lines in the area were stolen. We waited for around a month and still no services were received. On 20 May 2017 we complained to the branch in Eastgate (Case number 2106171) and were told to bring back the Modem the next day. We consequently did that on the 21st May and gave it to the branch Manager, Lebo Enele, whom assured us that he would personally cancel this retrospectively. So we have been sitting without services since that time. We consequently got bills, but these were discounted due to the fact that there was no service in our area due to stolen lines. On 3 July an amount of R175 was deducted off our account. After calling, they informed me that the service had not been cancelled. Once again we got hold of the manager and on 12 July at 11h05, I received a call saying that I will be receiving a refund and that the service is being cancelled retroactively. on 15 July 2017 I received an SMS saying that the full amount of R806.16 was going to be deducted off my account via debit order. After trying to find out what;s going on, it seems that the dispute has been cancelled by someone there and the line and contract is STILL not cancelled. I am sure that as a consumer I would be protected under the act. I still have no equipment. I have not used the line as I didn't even realize that it was active. The promises made to me by managers seems to have been lies. I need the service cancelled as from 28 April as the service was not provided to me as was promised. The retroactive cancellation was promised to us by a senior employee and the equipment was taken back by the Telkom branch. I have requested the cancellation numerous times after and including the 20th of May. That's more than a month's notice for the line.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Landline & Home Phone Providers

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree