Telkom / faulty line
My phone line & adsl line was working perfect ([protected]) on saturday morning at 09:30. At around 09:45 the line went dead (No weather, nothing) reported fault at 09:57, and received sms with fault number and message that telkom would endeavour that issue would be resolved in 2 days.
I again phoned on sunday 28 december 2014, and was told its weekend the fault will be in queue on monday only.
I phoned monday, tuesday, wednesday... With only one constant response: the fault will be assigned to a technician.
All this from my cellphone (Not free) listening to the most irritating music for up to 30 minutes a time
It is now 9 days later and I have not seen a telkom vehicle in suburb. All communication from telkom is an automated sms every morning telling me how telkom will attend to my fault.
Nobody at the exhange.
I am using my adsl line extensively to connect to my work office and various other services.
In addition to the above frustration of no service, I have a ill, elderly mother in law, staying alone that need to be able to contact me. My land line is her speed dial.
This is unacceptable as you cannot talk to anybody except an operator at a help desk with no connection to technical or management. The only access these people have is to a system telling the operator a fault has been created.
Please assist urgently. A phone call will also be appreciated.
References: 96ctk271214 & sm78545.
More Telkom Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018