Telkomcancellation of cell phone contract

Telkom is steeling my money. I had a cell phon enumber with telkom that were suppose to be cancelled on 24 dec 2014 and clearly telkom are unable to do the jobs. I found out on my feb 2015 the line was never cancelled and for the past two weeks day afteer day after day i am phoning telkom to this ptoblme sorted. But there are no one at telkom that knows what they are doing. Everythme i phon ei get todl sorry mam you are at the wrong departmetn and i get transfered jsut o hold on for hours and hours and hours eventually when some ansers the phone i get told again sorry mam you are at the wrong deparment and i hve to transfer you. For two weeks now no one telkom can help me. Telkom is use less and can close down twon. They meen nothing!!! And the useless bastterds that workd there earn millions a month for what??? To tell the people with problems you are at the wrong department thats bull ###. Two weeks now and nothing happens

As
Feb 13, 2015

Comments

• Dl
      Aug 12, 2009
    Telkom - ASDL
    South Africa

I applied for an ASDL line (R199 - 1 Gig) to upgrade my phone line. They said it will take 6 days to 2 weeks. I applied just over 2 weeks ago. No problem here. When I phone today (12/8) to find out how long it will take, I was informed that I did not apply for this service. My telkom line number is [protected]

• Be
      Jan 24, 2011
    Telkom - The lack of appropriate feedback and repair delay is totally unacceptable
    Telkom

My telephone line went dead 3 February 2010. I logged the incident the following day. After numerous calls to the call center i still have no telephone, 6 weeks later!!! In week 5 the call centre finally reported that the break is due to copper theft. The lack of appropriate feedback and repair delay is totally unacceptable!!!

Feb 07, 2011
    Telkom - Bad to non-existent Service
    South Africa

I have had consistent problems with my landline for over twelve years. At this stage my phone has been out of order for over 6 weeks. When I try and trace the progress of the fault, the call gets cut off. I am still being billed for no service and am besides myself trying to make contact with anyone for help

• Be
      Mar 01, 2011
    Telkom - waiting 7 months for ADSL line
    B.Patel
    South Africa

I have applied for an ADSL line seven months ago and everytime I enquire I am told that there is no infrastructure!!! The households around mine all have an ADSL line, which I find rather strange. To date nobody from Telkm has contacted me regarding this matter, it was always I that queried the matter. I am deeply dissappointed with Telkom and their shallow promises made during their adverts yet when a service is applied for they cannot deliver.

• Hu
      Apr 13, 2011
    Telkom - dead telephone line
    tekom sa
    South Africa

on the 28th march 2011, while speaking on my landline, the phone just went dead!
    today 2wks 2days later after numerous dead end cell calls to telkoms fault department
    we still have no progress.we are constantly told that it is an underground cable fault.the supervisor, whom i was advised to call (clive) is of no help whatsoever.please...
    someone help!!!

Dec 17, 2011

Hellopeter.com is the world's most visited Customer Service site. It's unique. A world first. It gives you, the consumer, the opportunity to comment on the treatment you receive from any supplier. Quickly and for FREE. Log on to http://www.hellopeter.com, register for free and start commenting on any aspect of service, good or bad, that you've received from any supplier anywhere.

Dec 17, 2011
    Telkom - Telephone out of order
    Al Fresco's Ristorante'
    South Africa

The lines in Salt Rock for our restaurant and hotel is down. We have references for both but are advised that due to the Holiday there are no personnel working. They say they are hoping that contractors will work over the weekend but cannot guarantee that either.
    This is the height of our business and we have no telecommunications.
    This has to be one of the worst times that we have to experience this poor service.

• Me
      Jan 03, 2012
    Telkom - Disgraceful and Incompetent
    South Africa

Telkom has to be the most incompetent company in South Africa. I can go into detail forever about this, but what I'd really like to know is what the long term plan or solution is for this type of incompetency? Everyday, there's someone complaining about Telkom, but that's just it, people complain and nothing gets done.. giving SA a bad name..

• Cv
      Mar 25, 2014
    Telkom - pathetic service
    telkom
    durban
    South Africa

telkom SA has a business deal called the business circle ... i think its a way to con people into taking a mobile contract. I was asked to take a mobile contract to qualify for the package. now that i took the mobile contract but theres absolutely no help in getting the package i initially wanted

• Wg
      Oct 11, 2014
    Telkom - Theft
    Bloemfontein
    South Africa

Technician stole my memory stick whilst installing telephone. Nobody is doing anything about it. I am rather furious. How is it possible that he is allowed to get away with it? Service [protected] refers.

May 13, 2016

Telkom billed me for a cell phone I never received. I have not been refunded for 2 months when I wad told it takes 72 hours.

Now they have cancelled the incorrect line and once again stated it would taken 72 hrs to resolve. This line has been paid for