Telekom Malaysia / Tidak Apa Attitude
Dear Smart Consumers in Malaysia,
Who say Telekom Malaysia staffs never do their jobs? Please read the excuses below that provided by their creative staffs - since I applied for a phone line in July 2008 after informed by Telekom that the phone services is ready at my area (Sri Utara, KL) and instructed me to make full initial payment and deposit:
Creative Excuses by Telekom Malaysia:
1. Address given was wrong - I have verified this at Telekom Kepong Branch personally, confirm the address has been corrected few months ago.
2. No cable – Telekom staff has installed the cable in Sept 2008, tested the connectivity between my house to the exchange and it’s working fine.
3. No network services - I have verified this with one of the Technician from Telekom, the phone services is available 2 weeks after Telekom installed the cable in Sept 2008.
4. System down – I heard this excuse since October 2008. Do you believe their system down for months?
5. Suspect the house renovation has caused cable faulty – This is the latest excuses I received. It seems Telekom is running out of idea.
I visited Telekom Branch at Kepong for more than 3 times to find out why and try to resolve the problem (now has turned into issue). I also called up Telekom and explained the above to them for more than 6 times and emailed them for more than 6 times. They will always give me the same excuses and ask me to call back again next week. Thanks to their dedicated staff, which I believe you are familiar with some of the names (i.e. Hamidah, Mahsuri, Haris, Rani, Yanti, Ramachandram, Veeramogan and Siti Asiah). They are from various divisions namely Customer Service, Customer Complaint, Technical Services, Marketing and Senior Management but I do believe some of them are doing good job.
Anyway, this issue did not resolve even I threaten to post this incident to Blog and file complaints to CAP, NCCC and BPA. The email that I sent to is [protected]@tm.com.my, [protected]@tmnet.com.my, [protected]@bluehyppo.com.my, [protected]@tmnet.com.my. I don’t think so they care about it despite numerous gentle reminders sent to them.
However I do believe their CEO Yg Bhg Dato’ Wahid Omar wanted to bring up the image of Telekom Malaysia image. Below is a blog that extracted from http://batc.iuplog.com/default.asp?item=181467:
Hi-Tea Talk by CEO of Telekom Malaysia, Dato' Wahid Omar at BATC
Posted: 03/07/2006 6:01:00 AM
Rebranding of Telekom Malaysia has been one of the strategies done by Dato' Wahid Omar, the CEO of Telekom Malaysia, in a way of improving the company. How has the strategy improve TM? Dato' Wahid had shared the answer about his exceptional leadership and management qualities, and certainly one of Malaysian's pride at BATC Tea talk last Tuesday (4th July 2006).
I have informed Telekom Malaysia I will post this to various blog today, 12-Dec-2008 at 3pm sharp if they cannot resolve the issue. The next action I'm going to take is to write to CAP, NCCC and BPA on the same day (12-Dec-2008) by 4pm sharp.
Now is 4:02pm (GMT+08:00), 12-Dec-2008, I still did not receive email replies from Telekom Malaysia. With the help of CAP, NCCC and BPA, I hope Telekom Malaysia will stop practicing the “TIDAK APE ATTITUTE”.
I will keep all of you posted on the latest updates next week.
Cc CAP, NCCC and BPA