Teleflora Flowers / Ruined my last opportunity to give an expression of love to my mother

United States Review updated:

I ordered a funeral spray for my mothers funeral. I called first to make double sure they could deliver the order in time for the funeral and was told that funeral orders take the highest priority, so being reassured, I placed my order. On the day of the funeral - no flowers.

I placed a call to Teleflora, and a rep told me that the person who handles the orders at the florist had stepped out and he told me he would call me back after he was able to speak to her. No phone call back. Since it was my mother's funeral, I was too busy that day to call them back. the next day, I got a computer generated email telling me that the flowers could not be delivered on my preferred date, and to provide them with an alternate date for delivery. I was appalled and emailed back that my mother did not have an alternate funeral date.
HERE'S WHERE IT GETS REALLY BAD: Teleflora told me that the florist would like to deliver the funeral spray to my house and they would put in an additional $25 worth of flowers to make it up to me.

WHAT? So, basically, they failed to deliver a funeral spray to my mom's funeral and now they want to see if they can keep my money and the order? I told them that they had just added insult to injury - and seriously, the guy at Teleflora told me that "That was the florists offer, not mine". since then, I have been round and round with Teleflora about this situation - and every single time, they blame the florist and take no responsibility for the problem.

To any Teleflora defenders / employees who would like to post comments defending them saying that they are simply an order taker - keep this in mind - you are the face of the business - you provide the guarantees, and you are responsible for all florists you choose to handle your orders. Furthermore, when something goes wrong - step up and take responsibility. All a customer really wants is a sincere apology and and effort to make it better.

I have finally fought hard enough to get my refund - but the anguish this has caused me is just so awful.

I will never use Teleflora again, and would advise you all to shop locally with independent small business owners whenever possible - and if not, do your research online before using a big company that doesn't care about one small order.

This was my last opportunity to give an expression of love to my mother and they ruined it completely.

Or

Comments

• Av
      May 08, 2011
    Teleflora Flowers - Cancelled Mom's flowers
    Teleflora Flowers

Ordered some flowers for my Mom for Mother's day and then the day before Mother's day I receive an email stating that the order had been cancelled because they didn't have any flowers.

Now they were sure quick to charge me, and really slow to refund my money (5 business days).

Worse, they left me scrambling for a replacement gift with no time to spare. Will not use Teleflora again!

• Rh
      Nov 19, 2011

I ordered flowers for a friend who was having surgery the next day and was assured the flowers would be delivered to the hospital the next day. They didn't arrive, and she was discharged late the next day, so I called Teleflora back and changed the delivery address to her home. They told me the flowers had not been delivered because the florist didn't deliver to Seattle. What? This is a big hospital in the middle of Seattle with hundreds of florists around and they didn't send the order to a florist who would deliver to Seattle?? Anyway, I kept trying and gave them her home address. Each day I would call my friend's husband to see if they had arrived and each day they had not. Each day I would call Teleflora to complain. At one point they sent me an e-mail confirmation of delivery, but the flowers never arrived. I finally told them I wanted my money back. What a disappointment! Please don't trust their acknowledgments or their words. Check with the recipient that your flowers arrived. Better yet, don't use them.

• Fr
      Nov 19, 2011
    Teleflora Flowers - No Delivery
    Teleflora Flowers

Ordered flowers for my friend on Friday and no delivery. It is now Wednesday and still no delivery. Teleflora stated that they received a confirmation from the florist ...but no flowers were delivered as I had someone waiting for them...

• So
      Nov 23, 2011
    Teleflora Flowers - Extremely Disappointing
    Teleflora Flowers

I ordered a "florist's choice" bouquet for Mother's Day that cost over $60. I saw it after it arrived and I was SO embarrassed because it was extremely small and consisted of carnations and daisies in a 3 inch basket. It would have been a $20-25 arrangement at a cash and carry location. I will never order from Teleflora again.

• Gm
      Nov 23, 2011
    Teleflora Flowers - Sad looking arrangement
    Teleflora Flowers

Ordered what appeared to be a pretty arrangment for my mom for mother's day. I even selected the premium bouquet but after spending over $70, it was far less than premium. I happened to see the bouquet a couple days after she received it and it was quite embarrassing to think that it came from us. Will definitely think twice before ordering from Teleflora again.

• Li
      Nov 27, 2011
    Teleflora Flowers - Stay away from them
    Teleflora Flowers

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Friday before Mother's Day. They never arrived, and they sent me a false message that the flowers were hand-delivered. Lies! No response from customer service, no flowers, no refund. A chargeback will be the only way to get my money back.
    And if the site works so well..why are there so many complaints about Teleflora?! Next time I will check the complaints before ordering from anyone!