Telcom / Unauthorized deductions / Lack of service

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have 2 complaints against Telkom. Firstly, I received a CD which would allow me 3 months FREE internet access. As we had a prepaid phone, we tested the service. As this period came to an end we relocated to another province and hence no longer had the pre-paid phone. Now, 6 months later I have noticed that Telkom have been deducting money from my account monthly for a service which I do not have (I do not even have a phone!). Strange how they just decide after 3 months that whether or not you use their service they will take the money out of your account. Guys - catch a wake up - THAT IS CALLED FRAUD... Ooops - forgot you don't understand that word... let's try... STEALING. I wish SA would get another telecommunication service provider (land lines) because at least half of their clientele would leave them immediately.

My second issue is that we live on a small farm, and applied for a telephone line (there is an existing line, but Telkom would need to repair the line/or replace a section of it). You are required to pay for the installation up front. The payment was made in cash in their offices in April and to date we do not have a phone. We have offered to provide the labor to dig the trench for the cable etc, and still this is not enough. There are many other houses in this area (even businesses) but you'd think we live in the middle of a desert far away from civilization. Once again, Telkom are very quick to take the money, but can't seem to provide the service. All they want to do is "look" and mind you they don't mind taking you away from your job in the day to do it, or even want to "look" on a Sunday afternoon. How about a little less "looking" and a little more action. All I can say is - TELKOM ARE LAME, LAME, LAME. I would be embarrassed to admit I work for them.

Comments

• Su
      15th of Jun, 2009
    England, East Sussex
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 9816317107
    claim401@live.com

My phone 9816317107 your messges o2 telcom co Ltd uk won the your phone number has won 500000 pounds in the on going int'lphone number drow in uk ( Give me my money )