Telco Mobile Bonanza / Scam

1 South Africa Review updated:

I also received an SMS at 2.26 this morning from a telephone number [protected] saying I had won R940, 000.00 in the 2009 sweepstake prgm UK = ref ... call B Logan @ [protected] to claim your prize.

I wish these guys would get caught.

Bu

More Telco Mobile Bonanza Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Vu
      26th of Feb, 2009

Hi, my mother received a sms on 17th November 2008 at 00:07am on her phone saying she have won R800 000 in a Telco Bonanza Competition UK (Telco Bonanza). She was told to contact Mr Marian Morgan which I did in her behalf, my mother is illiterate. He has sent me a certified certificate from their company in UK. There were instructions to follow in order to claim that price, we only paid R2050 which was borroewed, after that they said we must pay R8000 but we couldn't do that. We decided to ask back R2050 but till today we never got anything back. He says he is the consultant of the company based in London (UK). I have his private number which only work during working hours of the week and I also have the London number which he said it for his bosses in London, and he also sent me an certified copy of certificate. Please help us, this person is promoting crime in our country. My e-mail address is vukanicele@rocketmail.com, I will be happier to get responded by you. Thanks

9th of Mar, 2009

Hi; It is sad to get such kind of sms, apparently last night (09 March 2009 at 00:33 I recieved the sms whic state that I have won R720, 000 oin Telco mobile lottory bonanza 2009. I called the guy (contact person) Mr Andile then he asked me the ref number, which I gave it to him and he told me that I must call him after 20 minutes. I called him as he asked me to but he couldn't pick up his cell and the last part of it, it was switched off.

I manage to keep the message which state:

" Congratulation !!! You won 720, 000 . your number was selected among the lucky winners in the (telco mobile) world wide u.k lottory bonanza 2009.Ticket N0 MKZ9552 call 0788264762 to claim your prize contact MR ANDILE"

It was received from this number: +27731823227 and if you can will you please try to work out with MTN SA to find out (investigate/Call tracking) about these two numbers.

I think this will create a bad reputation about your company and if you can try to speed up any investigation about these people to stop this before it goes any further. I could assist as well if you need any because as South Africans we trying by all means to fight crime. There is my mail xchumani@yahoo.com feel free to contact me.

• De
      11th of Mar, 2009

I have also received a message which states - Congratulations You have won the total sum of R980 000 rands. Your number was among one of the random luck winners in UK (M.T.C) bonanza London Ticket No SQMA27K call "Venn Morgan" @ 078 984 6432 or email info_telco@mail2uk - I have contacted this organisation and have been trying to get a landline number and valid website address. They have not been able to provide one.

Hopefull this scam will come to an end.

Debbie

• Ba
      17th of Apr, 2009

hi
    i also recieved a msg this morin stateing that i have won R 550 000 in a telco mobile world wide lottory bonanza tickect no raf3321 it was sent from 0731823227 iwas told told to contact Mr Jackson on 0718026024 which i did and both numbers goes to voice mail

please let me know this a Scam or Not

Bashi
    bashimoodley@gmail.com

• Js
      16th of May, 2009

I recieved an sms on the 14-05-09 also stating that ive won R980 000 in the uk m.t.c. bonaza, and that i only have to pay R3600 to recieve my cheque within 48hrs...but im still waiting!

12th of Aug, 2009

I received the same SMS. It's a scam people, just like all the other "Sweepstakes" emails flying around. All people who received these SMS's should please email me at foundation@polka.co.za. I am going to catch them and put them away. Please help me build a case by sending all your complaint details to the above email address.

I am a member of the Crystal Park CPF (Community Police Forum) and if we add all the charges, especially where money was paid over to these guys, we can pu them behind bars for a very long time. I need your help with this please.

Johan Swanepoel

• Wo
      28th of Aug, 2009

I reiceved the same sms, from a Bejamin Mgomeni I followed his instructions an d have received my winning certificate, now he wants R2800 for stamps and legal fees to be able to get my prize, thank you all for posting your comments and saving me money. Let us work together to catch these guys and see them get their just reward. I hope that all of you who has lost money will get it back or at least see them fall.

31st of Aug, 2009

I've also received the 'AWARD' R760 000.00 and an instruction to phone David Morgan@0794239635.The sms came from a nr 0769485567.I was told that they will be a NEW service provider in S.A for the 2010 soccer!i MUST NOW PHONE THEM BACK IN 10 MIN FOR THE REST OF THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CLAIM TE MONEY!!!THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS. PLEASE PLEASE try and catch them people with no or little access to the internet will not know it is a SCAM!!!Thanks

• Li
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I've also received the 'AWARD' R950 000.00 and an instruction to phone Alex Johnson@0767976097.The sms came from a nr 076976097.I was told that they will be a NEW service provider in S.A for the 2010 soccer!i MUST NOW PHONE THEM BACK IN 10 MIN FOR THE REST OF THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CLAIM TE MONEY!!!THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS. PLEASE PLEASE try and catch them people with no or little access to the internet will not know it is a SCAM!!!Thanks

• Ne
      7th of Sep, 2009

I also received a similar sms, 2 questions:
    How did they obtain my, and the other, cell phone numbers?
    How do we get this onto www.snopes.com?

16th of Sep, 2009

Recieved sms this morning. I have won R960 000, 00 from uk telco bonanza. ref no and contact person James Morgan. 0717286955. I phoned was also told to call back in 10min so they can confirm. They asked for a fax with all personal details to be send to : Attention Mary: 086 668 0143.
    Bogus I assume.
    Thanks for this site!

• Mr
      4th of Dec, 2009

hi david march i receive the same sms too stating that i won 950.000 thousand rands and i should call alex johnson to collect my winning prize i called him he explains the full details to me that uk telco his a network comapany in the united kingdom.they are lunching there branch in africa by 2010.
    i was ask to fax my means of claims to sally after doing that i receive my prize the next day and was also televise on sabc, beware of some set of people out there who are pretending to be working for these company.
    THESE IS NOT A SCAM BELEIVE ME IM A LIVING WITNESS TO THESE,

• Si
      13th of Dec, 2009

Hi guys, these people are still doing this, can we please work 2gether in getting them. I jst received an sms frm 0762638660 saying i've won the sum of R760.000 and i've been ask 2 call the very same Morgan @ 0794239635 who is in one of the above coments. I think those gus who has receive their cert from ths people must assist in gettn hold of this stostis.

• Mi
      6th of Jan, 2010

I received the same sms last nyt at 11:39. It said to contact david morgan at 0794239635. N da sms ws sent from 0762638660. Hope this info helps.

• Sh
      6th of Jan, 2010

Hi I received an sms at the beginning of December saying that I have won R760 000, 00. I was stupid enough to believe them and have since paid the R2720, 00 for the insurance, so that the money is not used for crime by me and R7600, 00 which I borrowed, for the agents fee to get it to RSA. I received a phone call from the magistrate tonight informing me that it is a scam, so I believe our country is doing something to help. May God Bless those that are so willing to put an end to this.

I have email addresses of the agent in South Africa and his boss. I have Three telephone numbers and I have all their emails as well as certificates saved.
    If anyone knows if this information is needed please let me know. I will check this site tomorrow night again and just write down what I need to do and it will be done.

Shannon Smith

• Si
      19th of Jan, 2010

I also received an sms from +27767986735 saying:

" CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've won R930, 00.00 @ UK - TELCO BIG BONANZA held in UK (GB). Ref no: Zi09X. Call T JACKSON @ +27764708182 to reg. for claims (T&C Apply).

I researched Telco on the internet, they are a telecommunications company in the UK but have recently been bought out by V Networks.

I would like to do something to help other people not fall for this scam, but what can I do??

If you know how I can help please email me: siolouise@yahoo.com

• Ed
      15th of Mar, 2010

I recieved a text reading;CONGRATULATIONS!!!you've won the sum of R760.00. Your number was among the lucky winning numbers drawn at random in UKTelco Bonanza. Ticket No. Uk0147xa. contact david Morgan at 0794239635 to claim your winning Prize!!please protect your ticket pin code for security reasons.
    I am dissapointed in the system for not catching these guys long ago. Many people seem to have been duped out of money. The SAP have all this info to use, but to no avail. SHAME ON THEM. Do not pay any moneys as you are likely to lose it. BE WARNED
    Edward Liebenberg

• So
      4th of May, 2010

Guess what my husband also receive an sms saying he have won the sum of R960 000 your lucky number was among the lucky winners randomly selected in G.I.O BONANZA held in London etc. Well they wanted us to pay R3600 into there bank account and within 9 hours they will transfer the money... Nice try but Im not going to do that glad I decided to check the internet. Thank you
    S. Coetzee

• Fr
      26th of Aug, 2010

I've just received this sms ( at 9:33 26 August 2010) saying "Congratulation you won R980, 000 in Uk-TELCO BONANZA. Your Ref/ticket.No is UK-98-ZAR. To claim prize, Call Venn Morgan on 0717286955. Office hours only. T&C apply" So I've let my fiancé call him not really buying it, he told him to call back in a few minutes. So we did and my fiancé asked him why should he call back if he is the guy winning the money, and the guy told him it's up to him if he wants to call back or not or he can leave it and hung up. I've google it and came accross this site! So glad i did!!!

• Nc
      12th of Oct, 2010

I am in Namibia; received sms from uk -tmobile telling me that my mobile number has won 500 000.00 pounds and to contact sadc agent Diane Walters. I have access to internet so I can research, but I m thinking about all those people who dont and will fall prey to these [censor]. Lets help publicise these scams.

N.C.