Telatron / Fraud and scam

1 1545 West 38th StreetErie, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 814-868-4824

I was a Telatron employee for two years from Feb 2001 until Dec 2003. I was miserable for those two years working there. That place is EVIL! It is a cesspool. The HR staff, especially Diana Post are condescending and treat you like sh**. Some of the supervisors and directors are incompetent and mean, and don't know what the hell they're doing most of the time. I've been subject to humiliation by employees like Kiev Martinez, Aisha Barnes. They really do need to perform criminal background checks on all potential employees because they're dealing with confidential information, credit card numbers, account numbers, personal information, etc.

They should have done one on Kiev because he put his fist through one of the computers, he spreaded rumors about me, Aisha Barnes got 7 children by 7 different fathers, a lot of ghetto, shady people work at Telatron, including the Covattos and one of their sons, Tom Laird, who is an alcoholic by the way. There's this Telatron employee, Michael Hamilton who got DUIs and Telatron didn't bother to do a background check on him. One guy who had an affair with a supervisor when she was married got her fired for sexual harassment. Chad Warren, a former Telatron employee is a sex offender, he got busted for sexual abusing a child. There's a lot of creeps, criminals, pervs at Telatron and they deserve to work at this bottom-of-the-barrel company.

Va

Comments

15th of Aug, 2008

This person is obviously very angry and every individuals feelings are valid. I hope attacking someone else's character helped this individual better their own self esteem. I have had people lie on me as well and it made me angry, but not angry enough to smear someones name on the internet. Telatron is just like every other company and does not deserve to slandered. I guess it would be easy for someone to pass judgement on others so easily if they themself is perfect. Since that is obviously not the case with this individual I think that they should start repenting now, becuase she or he just brought about his/her own condemnation.

• Fd
      6th of Nov, 2008

Decent pay, horrible atmosphere...even if you just try to stay out of the work drama and do your work...put pay isnt bad so if you really need a job go for it, just to give you an idea of the standards here, i walked out and quit in middle of shift, (they called me a month or 2 later offering me another job)...wow

• St
      7th of Oct, 2009

Having worked at Telatron years ago, apparently with different HR staff & personnel, I too was subject to some degree of condescension (although not necessarily humiliation); however, there are laws in place to protect employees from harassment and privacy violations--an avenue that can be traveled through Lawyer Referral for a nominal fee, and then normally taken on as a pro bono case should you have a legitimate claim and no money for an attorney. That aside, keep in mind that the people you named, should they be able to identify you, now have a potential Slander/Defamation of Character suit that they could bring upon you for publicly violating their privacy issues; no offense, but the past criminal and personal infractions you've named have absolutely nothing to do with their job performance, unless they're drinking at work then driving home, or having sex in the center of the call room floor. I hope humiliating these people made you feel better, since all you've really done is the same thing you're accusing the staff of doing to you--very tacky. Perhaps, if you're complaints regarding yourself are legitimate, you'd be best off to inquire through an attorney what your legal rights might be, and cease to place yourself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

• Te
      8th of Jan, 2010

While I don't think names should have been posted, at least last names, I do agree that Telatron is THE most evil place I have ever worked.
    I have seen supervisors pull up employee pictures and make fun of them. HR, especially the above named, is sheer evil herself. They totally misrepresent the job when they hire you, do not divulge ANYTHING in training. If you call what you get training.
    Everything is misleading. All they want you to do is get money for Bank of America...I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to die because I know the customer on the line heard a supervisors shouting out "We need money! We need products!" Sell, sell, sell...take people's money, sell them crap products for the bank. It's sickening and there are nights I can't sleep because of how this place is, what it does, and how it's run.
    As far as legal rights, we have none here. They can lower you wage if you do not meet the companys requirements as stated in the employee handbook. Read it carefully because it's how they screw you. Of course they never tell you to read it or give you time during work to read it. If you're expecting Holiday Pay, read the manual. CLOSELY.
    I'm looking for another job, I don't care if it pays much less. I'd rather live with less money than live doing this corrupt job working for corrupt people.

13th of Jan, 2010

I was recently fired from telatron. It sucked at first not having a job. But I have a new one now and I dont feel like corporate cattle. There are gender/racial biases going on in those buildings that I am happy to be relieved from. Human Resources is extremely poorly managed here. All I really have to say about telatron is that there is more dignity in scrubbing toilets or posing nude than there is in being a telatron employee. Its easy to get hired there... but just as easy at their local competetors (i.e. west inc., dial america).

To anyone who still works at telatron: I will never forget about you all. Many people who work here are good people just putting food on the table. In fact, I would dare to say that all of the customer services reps (sg and non-sg) that I worked with were very nice people and I wish them the best. I honestly hope they find their niches away from a company whose next memo will address workers individuality. They addressed my individuality with a pink slip.

• Hi
      22nd of Feb, 2010

i was an employee at telatron for a year, and yes i agree w/ everyone above, that they are very unfair and mistreat their employees... The HR staff is more like a "clique." They like to pick at you until you want go crazy and then you can't help it but to get an attitude and not give a [censored]...yeah i agree i dont' wanna throw names out there at all, but they did the same to us and embarrassed us if they had the chance, Andrea Covatto, yeah your a [censored], and i kno ur gonna come back w/ "oh if it makes u feel better, then u can say what u wanna" but u are a ### and u dont' care about ur employees, also ur have ur lil crew that bows to u, hmm, christine simon, yeah u, and also carol, ur such a ### and u have no remorse, and u think u are a [censored]ing queen, well reality check, u ain't ###! and i'm so happy that i am no longer there, and i found a job that treats everyone equally, and a place that doesnt' treat u like ur a lil kid... thank god, maybe after u get sued.. ul'' realize to treat ppl better, and the people that really tried and loved there job, just not the company they work for, i loved bank of america, minus the staff in HR... and ray... but to christina, rob and matt... love u guys and don't change.. oh yeah steve ur cool tooo.. .

• Hi
      22nd of Feb, 2010

hmm, i wonder who annonymous was? whos the best dressed white boi on GE? lol haha, best dressed white chick on BOA!! lol ### telatron

24th of Feb, 2010

Telatron is run and managed by total and complete ###s and crooks. They will be going to jail in the near future. They treat people like they're ###ed. And in actuality they are profoundly ###ed. Especially Christine Suchy and Andrea Covatto. Apparently the only requirement for promotion at Telatron is severe brain damage and the ability to walk without drooling. lmao. How did these people ever get a job? How are they managing employees? And the managers. smh. They are trained monkeys. One has arms that don't move. lmbo.

• Ke
      25th of Feb, 2010

Hi Haters:

You impress me. You seem to have such a handle on the English language, have you ever considered becoming a writer?

You seem to be an extremely intelligent person- with your ability to articulate your ideas with words such as "aint, wanna, and lil" all while keeping it classy with strategic asterisk placements.

You are going places.

• Pi
      26th of Feb, 2010

As Colin Powell States...
    "Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off"
    Good leadership involves responsibility to the welfare of the group, which means that some people will get angry at your actions and decisions. It's inebitable, if you're honorable. Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity: You'll avoid the tough decisions, you'll avoid confronting the people who need to be confronted, and you'll avoid offering differential rewards based on differential performance because some people might get upset. Ironically, by procrastinating on the difficult choices, by trying not to get anyone mad, and by treating everyone equally "nicely" reguardless of their contributions, you'll simply ensure that the only people you'll wind up angering are the most creative and productive people in the organization.

• Ge
      28th of Feb, 2010

lmaolmaolmaolmao. Ignorance is bliss and the truth hurts. Stick to your own little microcosm and everything will be ok. wink. A sweet treat for anyone who can tell Kelly the true meaning of sarcasm. It's not suppose to be detectable. lmao. dummy

1st of Mar, 2010

Pipariffic? Really??????????????????????" Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off"

Oh my!!! Pipariffic, It's one thing to be intelligent but, your better off being wise. Wise men always beat the intelligent.

1st of Mar, 2010

Oh, I do have to ask, does being responsible mean deceiving your customers and employees? See, when I get deceived, I confont. Problem?

• Wh
      1st of Mar, 2010

There is not honorable about being employed at Telatron. Mr.Covatto was convicted in 2005 of bank fraud. The people that own and manage this place have no morals and no sense of decency. The idea of performance based compensation at Telatron is a complete fallacy. The only people valued at Telatron are those who share their value system and that doesn't exist. If you want to succeed at there you have to lie, cheat and still for them. You have to enroll people in Credit Protection when they declined it. You don't even have to take calls and you can steal all the credit card numbers you want if you're one of their lackeys. You have to tamper with peoples automobiles when they piss you off. Even in a recession Telatron is the only place people don't want to be called back to. If that doesn't speak volumes what does. No one is made at Tealtron because their honorable.It is because you are low lifed ### that try to present yourself as honorable. The family of the women that died in a car accident that was told that if she didn't come to work with a broken leg in blizzard like conditions doesn't think your honorable. You even tried to deny paying her family life insurance benefits. What's honorable about that? Was that a tough decision?

• Wh
      2nd of Mar, 2010

What a joke! I am not longer with Tealtron, but I was there when that happend. It is sad that you can sit on your computer and make false accusations like that. All of us were very sad by the death of the supervisor. She worked her way up from a TSR. One day she was coming to work and it was icy out. As a result she was in a bad accident and was killed. Telatron had called her b/c we were all worried when she did not show up. It wasn't like her not to come to work. Then her daughter called and we heard what happened. Also you don't know much about the life insurance, b/c her family got it...so you may want to check were you are getting you information and not make up things just to look like you know...you are full of ###!

• Om
      9th of Mar, 2010

whistleblower4u

Let me first Start my saying that we, i have always enjoyed educating Credit card holders, that is why I do work and we all need to put food on the table, and pay our bills. We have all known for a long time about Mr & Mrs, Covattos Fruad so put away your whistle. It is public knowledge. Whistle blower if you saled CPP's to accounts that were not approved that is fraud. ALL companies do dumb things.employees are lead to do them out of what they think are loyalty.
    Many times Mrs.Covatto has shown her caring side, her mom in her self. Her morals and decency are there on a personal level. TRUE STORY!
    The cold snow storm in the call center is horrible & is hateful to many of the employees, if you ask they will describe *** as snotty. They will not go to HR because he laughs at the employees and tells them go ahead. I have seen him put the reps photo on his pc and post and alter them and share ugly things with other supervisors about employees
    Truth is HR will back up your supervisors 100 % .Mis can look at all the history that even your leaders are responsible leaving they do dumb as well.
    The employee relationship in YOUR call center will have to improve between your supervisors and reps.
    DO THESE supervisors not understand when they get called away from their desk every one can see what is left on the screen. What would a new employee do Run out the door and not look back. Current employees have had enough.
    A RAINBOW is colorful, our is cloudy, it shares way too much, with the blizzard. This cloudy rainbow allowed a rep to be discharged after watching and knowing that they pulled a famous person credit card accts up on the system.
    I know this to be true this supervisor remarked " she should of used CRC", it might not of showed the history, maybe this is how the superv is still employed after he giggled the evening away with her. She was fired.
    The whole system that is in place. has No place at all in any work place. They advertise Flex work schedule, train you for weeks, Andrea then calls you in to HR and tells you sorry you can not have that schedule . The client has to have this.
    YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM DRINK. NEW EMPLOYEES ARE NOT GOING TO STAY AFTER YOU HAVE BAITED THEM WITH FLEX SCHEDULE. YOU HAVE ONCE AGAIN CUT YOUR NOSE OFF TO SPITE YOUR FACE.!
    Save face, this is another reason why you can not retain new employees they leave during training, lunch brakes, or find out that they can not have what they need in a schedule.
    Change your sneaky, bad, or out dated habits then just maybe you will able retain employees, both new and current.
    Look at your past history if anything you should learn from it. No employee new or current wants to sit in a training class for weeks then have to hear sorry this is your schedule! Change your sign outside, change you newspaper ads.
    Most New employee need to know what their schedule is going forward. They have schedules to plan, children, doctor appointments,
    when i trained on b****** program. I was told the same I was very angry about my schedule
    You are, or have been employing a generation of baby boomers that are caring for elderly parents, children with chronic illness that in most cases are living in our homes.
    We can not afford health care for them, and as growing teens they can not afford it.
    No one is able to trust HR. We do not feel as they are there for our benefit.
    LOOK at what you did with our health care, it was sad Bruce and his family. No one ever gave us an upfront a face to face meeting as a group to explain what happened. Why we had no health insurance Telatron continued to deduct payments from our checks. Some families were hospitalized when that hit home.
    Then notified us on the brink of the 59th day required by law. GEE i can not even guess why felt the need to have to talk to each other to piece together " gossip: about everything.
    MY GOD we all don't own a business, a magic wand in PIP land to hurt people when ever we want to. We can only walk away, I think you can see by that fact the one whole building is completely empty and the is following that pattern.
    WE need change at Telatron.. Mr & Mrs Covatto YOU need change make it happen at Telatron ...
    I was impressed by another call center way in which they allowed their employee to manage their time. They always have full seats happy employees. They do not have to email and ask for and wait for a response from someone to approve a request.
    I can not tell you how many of my requests were lost, not answered with an appropriate response, thus making me send it back over and over again.
    When we earn Vacation time, that is a reward for coming to work, but you feel the need to set limits on when and how we use the time. Not before April, one day a month after the first week. One can not use two weeks together.Everyone in your production centers talk to each other it happen that happens.
    Truth be told there are ". THERE ARE NO BENEFITS IN the BENEFITS "the way you structure the pay, USA. When we have drop in hours, you have structured a system to drop our pay. When my mother died so did my pay rate, and my pay check. Yes beravement pay at a much lesser then my normal rate. Go back to focus groups run them your self not Andrea.

• Om
      30th of Mar, 2010

No one is able to trust HR. We do not feel as they are there for our benefit.
    Truth be told there are ". THERE ARE NO BENEFITS IN the BENEFITS "the way you structure the pay, USA. When we have drop in hours, you have structured a system to drop our pay. When my mother died so did my pay rate, and my pay check. Yes bervement pay at a much lesser then my normal rate. Go back to focus groups run them allow Christine Simon to come with you... I feel as though she does care about us. Pip score how can you degrade an employee that way? You should want to create a positive mental attitude, PMA for employees. No wonder we can't seem to want to come to work .
    Stop using the word benefit when the end product has no benefit.
    Do believe me when i say the SNOW storm in the call center will produce a major problems for you and yours in the future that person is of no good to any of the females there in a way you would expect a male Supervisor to conduct himself
    IT has been giggles.
    Have a Blessed Day! ♥
    Pay it Forward! ♥

10th of May, 2012

First and foremost I don't appreciate anyone saying anything about me or my children. First of all I have never did anything to anyone at Telatron. And you had no right you coward to talk about me or my children. You don't know who my children father is so stick to the issues you have with Telatron. I was dismissed as well when I broke my ankle. So therefore I have my own issues. But keep Aisha Barnes name out of your mouth coward and say who you are. I am Aisha Barnes and if you have a problem with me tell me google me. Call me my number is listed but don't assassinate my character or my family. I wish you the best and I hope you get anger management therapy that will assist you with your problems. Anyone who purposely offends others and can't even address them personally is a COWARD!! And you are probably childless and hate black people! I am a mother and love my children all 8 of them. I work and take care of my children no welfare over here.