Tel3.com / Rude customer service

I have an account with tel3.com. It was not used for a while but I had an account balance. The account was set up with my credit card so that it would be automatically charged when my account reached a certain balance. The amount charged was $25.00. This past Fall I changed local phone services so that my long distance is bundled and the rate is much cheaper. My tel3 account was charged for $25.00 because there was a lapse in my service until my new service was instated.

I contacted tel3 because I want to use my card when I am away from my house to deplete the account because they have a no refund policy which was never explained to me when I set up the service. I give the customer rep my name and phone number but I don’t remember my password. The credit card number they have on record does not match the one that I give them so they can’t give me my password. I have emailed them several times with no response. What I don’t understand is if they don’t have my credit card of record which I gave them then how can they bill my account? The customer service people are very rude. I have requested to talk to a manager but they won’t put me through.

Ol

Comments

• Te
      19th of May, 2009

We value our customers’ business and appreciate the opportunity to assist them. We apologize for any inconvenience however we would like to explain that we have a refund policy and we refund our customers’ credit cards per their request. Because we take our customers’ security very serious, customers’ password can not be seen by the customer service representatives. Representatives can only reset customers’ password which is sent to customers’ via system generated e-mail. When the customers request to reset their password we ask them to verify their secret question which they usually set up previously. If the customers do not have a set secret question then we ask for the last four digit numbers of their credit card, and if this information is not available then we ask them to verify their call history to be able to update the requested information. We do apologize regarding the attitude of the representatives however we would like you to know that we are willing to correct this issue so we can improve our service. We would be more than happy to assist you if you provide us with your name and telephone number or call us back.

Best Regards,