Teksavvy / internet

Jun 11, 2015
I wanted internet setup in my residence I was moving to, teksavvy was recommend. I called talked to Robert and was told I had to order a modem that had to be shipped to post office and I could pick up there. My daughter picked up the modem. I paid a total of 344.00 for setup and installation. So the service guy shows up looks at some wires and is about to leave. My daughter asks him if he is going to setup and install modem. He says NO!! he doesn't touch third party equipment. Doesn't Teksavvy not pay these people to set up their equipment?? So my question is why am I paying an installation fee? I called to Teksavvy and talk to a customer service rep and he proceeds to tell me that we have to setup and get the modem working ourselves. AGAIN what am I paying for?? If that's the case why are the charging for installation when there is not installation involved. This is a rip off. I paid for the modem have someone sitting at a computer push a few buttons and have some guy with a chip on his shoulder look at some wires which only took 2 mins and leave. I was very angry and called to cancel this service. I talked to a woman named Kristen. She tells me that setting up the modem is simple only a few wires and tech are available to call if there's a problem. Isn't that what we pay people to do that's their job!! I requested my money back and got a nice song and dance. Any company I dealt with comes to your house sets up makes sure things are working properly then leaves. Kristen also said to me, " Well if we told you every single thing we would be on the phone for 3 hours!!! UNREAL!! So I'm wondering what other crucial and important info they leave out until your stuck in a contract with them. So again what did I pay all that money for??? NEVER AGAIN!!! BE AWARE!!!

More Teksavvy Complaints & Reviews

Plus Teksavvy - Scam [9]
Plus Teksavvy - Charged, no service [5]

N  12th of Jun, 2015 by
Hello Shelley,

Thanks so much for posting about your experience with our company. I can assure you that although this installation process is normal, the follow up from there should have been much different than what you experienced. Since we are a wholesaler of internet, we rely on our vendors to complete the installation of their infrastructure's wiring to your home wiring. This is what is covered under the installation costs. I can see that you had Cable internet, so in most cases the technician does install the equipment as it's very simple and takes less time to do so than to say they won't do it. With that said, they are not required to do so.

This is where our phone or online support come in to place. As I said, installing the equipment is very simple and will often take less than 5-10 minutes to do so. This is why I would like ask you to open a ticket with us at the following link. Your account is showing as cancelled, but it is not completed as of yet. If you would like to open a ticket, we should be able to reverse the cancellation and walk you through setting up your modem in no time.

Please be sure to include any questions or concerns you may have in that ticket, and we will be happy to discuss them with you.

Best regards,