Tejas Thump Cycles / No answer

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I placed an order for 4 footpegs on the 19th. It has been over 2 weeks and I still have not seen them. The website states if there is any delay, they will make contact with the customer. I called them over 10 times and left a message each time. I emailed them 3 times. No one has called and no was has emailed.

Va

Comments

• Me
      7th of Aug, 2008

i know exactly what your talking about. I ordered back in June and it's now Aug. and i still have not received my order. Emailed them and they have not responded. I call them and they take number and info to call me back but still waiting. Calling right now but their line has been busy for the longest. And their website says they deliver fast =- huh, yeah right...it was my first time ordering from them and it will be my last time!!!

• Bo
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Being in the part business myself we find that a lot of customers don't understand how the motorcycle business works, first has far has taking only 2 weeks for delivery that is pretty normal, what customers don't understand is there are over 1, 000, 000 parts for Harley and custom bikes on the market. No one parts dealer can stock even 1/8th of these parts.We are at the mercy of our suppliers, and with the economy the way it is many suppliers and manufactuer's don't even stock that many parts. My advice is read the website policies most state expect delivery times of 1-8 weeks maybe longer. We as parts dealers don't want it to take that long though, we want to get your part asap to you. Heck I waited 6 months for a set of PM wheels for my own bike. Another problem is we deal with 100's of customers each day, so we don't try not to respond to complaints, but if we call you back and don't get an answer or voice mail we are on to the next task. Also it really is up to the customer to know what he needs and order correctly, also many customers don't know how ot install things right, and we get a so called bad part back and there is nothing wrong with it. So we get stuck with that part and if we return to our supplier it is a 25% restocking fee with us paying shipping. I order many things on line and wile most are fast delivery times many are not. If you want to really got information on your problem e-mail is the best way, it is there in front of us and we will answer it asap, phone calls are much harder to respond to. Hope this gives people a little insight to the business, as parts dealers we want to supply you your product fast, and with no problems, but remember where ever you go most parts are not in stock and are special order items, As well most on line dealers are saving you money and time on your parts, is it worth saving money to have an item take a little longer? Remember if building a custom order well ahead of time to save down time, know what you need, and don't expect a parts guy to know everything for you, you have the bike in front of you so know your offsets and what is required to do the job right, buy a Harley service manual and some how to books. They will save you time and money in the long run. And we do make mistakes at times and we try to make them right, all parts dealers do.

• D
      14th of Oct, 2008

I placed my order for wing peg/boards for my cruiser at $110. I recieved no response. After 2-3 weeks. I emailed & called several times. No response at all. The phone rang off the hook though & no one ever answered a few days in a row. Real class act over there, I say. I got my money though !!! See, I used paypal & filed a claim. Who knows what will happen to you if you use a credit card. The place never responded to them either. That made it pretty easy to get my money back ( I say Thanks ! for wasting my time, tying up my money & ride time ! ) Never deal with them & when I'm board, I'll post some more complaints where ever I see that jerky name ! STAY AWAY FROM THIS CLOWN ! I see I'm not the first & will hardly be the last. Looks like a habbit forming to me. Companies Like Paypal should pull this account. They seem to waste more time than the good guys that are just tryin' to personalize their bikes ! Take a Fun pastime Like Riding & Detailing & Turn it into a Headache. I now deffinitely see who needs the real Thumpin' !

• Ru
      27th of Oct, 2008

the same thing is napping to me.
    no response to emails .
    no status on the order and impossible to get in touch over the phone.

• Ru
      27th of Oct, 2008

oops... I mean happening to me

• To
      31st of Oct, 2008

The same thing is going on with me ... no part, took my money, no answer on the phone and no response to my emails LOSERS!!

• Th
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Hi,
    We understand everyone is upset and frustrated. We want everyone to understand that we have every intention of handling all of the problems as quickly as we can. This company has been through alot in the last year and the clean up has been slow, then the economy went south and companies are failing all around us, we are doing our best to survive. We will make things "Right" with all of our customers.