Teeth Whitening Now / Misleading internet ad

Phone: 1-866-964-1011

Misleading internet ad. Advertises a free trial with shipping cost only. But in fact it is not a free trial - as they explain, the product is not free, only the trial. And you end up being enrolled in a program where you are shipped the product once a month and charged automatically.

Jd

Comments

• Js
      19th of Apr, 2009
    1269 N Wood Dale Rd
    Wood Dale
    Illinois
    Phone: 866-964-1011
    whiteningnow.com

Website offers a "RISK FREE" teeth whitening trial kit for FREE -- you only pay $6.99 for shipping/handling. No mention is made of a 14 day trial period, after which they bill you an additional $78.93 for the "free kit." Additionally, they do not inform you up-front that you are automatically enrolled in an auto-shipment every 30 days thereafter @ the cost of $85.92. According to their customer service rep. you agree to this simply by visiting their website site. All additional charges are made to your credit/debit card without your approval or knowledge until you review your credit/debit account. They are refusing to refund, referring to "Terms and Conditions" never mentioned and never agreed to.

• Ka
      12th of May, 2009

Total Scam! What a sucker I am. I ordered the trial for $6.99 from Advanced Wellness Research which was free and I only had to pay shipping. I got the trial and the one-piece mouth tray was not useable because it had no flexibility - it was non-pliable plastic and couldn't be held in my mouth over my teeth for more than three minutes because I had to bite down on it withh all my might so the product would make contact with my teeth. I suffer from TMJ so this was not going towork for me. I figured I'd let my husband try it since he doesn't have TMG syndrom but he couldn't bit down on it for more than a few minutes either. we both got a headache. I figured for $6.99 I'd just use the whitening gel in another tray I had. THEN I got my credit card statement with charges for $78.53 and on same billing a charge for $85. I never got another shipment of product and not only that I didn't order more product. I am filing fraudulant charges with my credit card company against Advanced Wellness Teeth Whitening. I called this company twice to have the charges removed but they insisted I didn't read their terms stating my original trial order was to be cancelled within 14 days if I didn't want to receive further product for xyz dollar amounts. I NEVER saw such terms anywhere during the order process but the company insisted they were there. I cancelled my order and was told I would be credited $40 for what I don't know. I got a cencelation number but I'm still filling fraudulant charges against them for charging me for product not received, or ordered. Oh and the rep said their office is in Florida but my call was routed to India which was evident by the thick accent which I could hardly understand, and the voice delay/echo. What a SCAM! Don't fall for this like I did.

• Jd
      12th of May, 2009

I ordered my 'free trial' from the whiteningnow.com. the product shipped came with an invoice that did not mention whiteningnow.com but instead 'advanced wellness research.' it contained no mention of the 14 day 'free trial.' they use several different names when they bill the credit card! of course i got the same go around with them on the phone.

i contacted the credit card company and asked them to stop payment. they in turn called me back and had me call the company back to make sure i had asked for my money back for each instance while they listened in a three party call. 'whiteningnow' or 'advanced wellness research' or 'bright teeth' changed their mind and agreed to refund the last shipment (of three) when previously they had refused even if i returned the merchandise. the credit card company is currently investigating and i hope to have the payments refunded in full.

check with the credit card company and emphasize that you did not get a product from the people you ordered from and check your statements and point out that the bills are from merchants you do not recognize nor received a product from nor gave permission to charge your credit card.

• Pa
    ADVANCED WELLNESS RESEARCH
    Kentucky

I like many others went on-line to order what I thought was a "trial sample" of the product for a small S&H fee. Boy was I wrong. No where did it tell you that you were signing up for a membership. So much for the "FREE"!!! sanple.

• Ro
      19th of May, 2009
    Teeth Whitening Now - Ripped Off
    1269N Wood Dale Rd
    Wood Dale
    Illinois
    Phone: 1-866-484-2863

I ordered the Teeth Whitening trial for $6.99.On March 14 2009 the $6.99 was debited from my checking account. It had taken so long to receive it, I had forgotten I ordered it. So, when it came I didn't recognize the package so I sent it back. Two weeks later in March 2009 another package came, which I had not ordered. I immediately call to inform the company that I had not ordered the product, and explained my situation. I was told to return the
    product with a RETUN RECEIPT form which I did. On April 2, 2009 I was again debited $78.93 even though I had sent the package back, and received a comformation that it was returned.
    When I received this months statement from my account I was again debited this time for $85.93. They have taken $171.84 from my account and I don't have any of their products. When I called I spoke to someone whom I could not gwt to understand my dilemma. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was denied. Plus, I was informed that I would be receiving a refund for the last deduction of $80.00 and some change not the full amount of $85.93 even though I did not receive a thing. The first $78.93 would not be returned I was told because I had not called in a timely manner. Which is a lie, as I stated above. I am wondering at this moment how can I retrieve all of the monies I have been scammed out of. I have read some of the other victim's complaints also. They all seem to have simular complaint as I. I can be reached at R17mat@aol.com

22nd of May, 2009

I too am having the same problem. I don't even know where these charges came from, I have not ordered, authorized, or received any products, but they have charged me $6.99 (3/7/09), $69.99 (3/23/09), $54.98 (4/7/09), $54.98 (5/7/09).
    I couldn't not understand the people who sounded like they were from India, and they used 2 different names on my account when they withdrew money. They used the names; Teeth Whitening Now and Max White Teeth, and when I asked about that they said "so what". I am furious.

22nd of May, 2009

This company is a ripoff and I already put my complaint above.
    Marguerita Ludwig

22nd of May, 2009

See my complaint under Health and Beauty, Teeth Whitening Now aka Max White Teeth.

• Co
      12th of Jun, 2009
    6621 E. Pinnacle Pointe
    Orange
    California

For a free trial I was charged over three hundred dollars by three different companies that seem to have been asscociated with Advanced Wellness Research grop. Advanced Wellness Research is an overseas company operating out of the offices shared with South Florida Title Group...
    Dial by name: Philip Goldin (305) 695-1104 --- he is the landlord for these criminals. http://www.sftitle.com/
    I fell for the scam and would like my money back and that I only recieved two of their products.

1st of Jul, 2009
    Bright Teeth
    Florida

Yes, I, too, was sent the "trial size" for "just shipping and handling". Then a $78 charge was found on my credit card bill. It was NOT explained in my viewing about any further charges. When I called the number...I was connected to someone in India...who was of no help whatsoever. Let this be a "lesson"...however, to me, it IS an absolute scam!

• Ho
      15th of Jul, 2009
    Bright Teeth Now
    Idaho

I have been charged with 79.93 on my credit card as well. Thank you for posting all the info. I will make my calls tomorrow and send a letter as well!

17th of Jul, 2009

I don't know if the product works because I have not tried it and will never try it. Why did I order it then? I went online to a Web site offering free music downloads. It was going to take 14 days for my registration to be approved. However, I was offered instant free access to the music if I completed another form. I completed that form and was informed that I had to provide credit card information to pay $3.76 to receive a "free" teeth whitening product before I could get the music. I filled out the form and gave the credit card information. About a week later, I received a package in the mail with some teeth whitening materials. I would never consider using it and put it aside.
    Two weeks later, I received another pacakge with the same teeth whitening products. I put that aside too and wondered why a second one was being sent to me. I was convinced that someone had made a mistake.
    Today I received my credit card statement and saw that I had TWO charges for $85.37 each for the product - a total of $170.74. I was aghast and called the company. They said that there was a 14-day cancellation period and since I had not called to cancel, I would be receiving the product each month for the $85.37 cost.
    I can honestly say that when I signed up for the $3.76 offer, there was no information about a 14-day trial period, or of the $85.37 monthly cost if no cancellation. The first materials I received did not mention a cancellation period either. Friends, the product I received was of inferior quality and in no way worth $85.37! Whenever I want my teeth cleaned, I go to my dentist. I would never put a product that I know nothing about in my mouth.
    The company has cancelled my account (they say) and have sent me an email advising me of this. They say that if I return the second package, they will refund $65.37. However, they will not make a refund of the $85.37 for the first package. I doubt that I will receive a refund from them, but this experience will make me more careful in future about the companies I do business with. I will also spread the word. You live and learn.

• Ol
      14th of Dec, 2009
    Bright Teeth
    3105 N Pennsylvania Ave
    Logansport
    Indiana
    Phone: (574)725-3314

I was a victim of a scam. I place an order for was supposed to be sample for this product and now I see a charge for $92.37 Can you help with this expensive scam.
    Your response will be greatly appreciated.
    Olga Lozano
    jolozano@comcast.net

• Lt
      21st of Jun, 2010

CHARGEING MYACCOUNT WITH OUT LETING ME KNOWAND I TOLD THEM TO CANCEL BUT THEY STILL DIDNT.