Teeth Whitening / Rip off!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

What a rip off! Don't order from these people. They charged me shipping and I never received the product, then later, I'm charged another $78 for... what? I contacted the FTC and send Advanced Wellness a nasty email. They're crooks!

Ma

Comments

• Pa
      Dec 12, 2008

money back on my credit card visa...unauthorized charges to visa...this is a scam...

• Cl
      Apr 17, 2009

I ordered the "14 Day Free Trail" of the Teeth Whitening Now from the Advanced Wellness Company, and thought it would be a safe purchase since it was endorsed on the Oprah Show! For the $.6.99 shipping, I received the 'trial offer' and before I could even use it my Debit account is charged $79.56 on April 3 and then another charge of $86.61 on April 16! I haven't received ANYTHING else from this company for these outrageous charges!! I called the company and spoke to a 'foreign speaking' representative who kept insisting there had not been a 'trial offer' with a 14 day time period to use the product!! Why doesn't the Better Business Bureau shut these crooks down?? And WHY does Oprah Winfrey endorse their product?

• Ca
      Apr 22, 2009

I totally agree with you. I wonder if the person you spoke to was named Craig. I spoke to him 5 times. He did not sound like a Craig to me. I got a Conf# from South Beach Smile to get a refund and still have not goten the money. Craig said now that the Conf# was just to confirm my Cancelled order. I think I will e-mail Oprah. Maye she will refuld all of us our money.LOL Good luck

• Ih
      Apr 27, 2009

I could not control my anger after I found out they charged my credit card an extra $78.93, which they claimed was the charge for the "free" sample after the 14-day trial period !!! I called them a number of times and spoke to very foreign sounding agents (nothing against foreigners here, as I am one myself) with names such as "Shelton", "Paul", "John", "Allen", etc. They are bunch of crooks. Please stay away from this shady company with their inappropriate, if not illegal, practices. Shame on them! Thank God my credit card company disputed the charges. This company sucks! and so does their product!

• Ju
      May 04, 2009
    Teeth Whitening - Over Charge
    Advanced Wellness Research
    500 S. Pointe Dr Ste 230 33139
    Miami Beach
    Florida

In early April 2009 I purchased a product called "Teeth Whitening" for $6.99 & charged it on my Master Card Debit Card & on 4/10/09 I saw a charge of $78.93 for "Teeth Whitening."
    I immediately called Advanced Wellness Research @ 1-866-484-2863 & was told that the charge was authorized. I then went to my bank & they also said the charge was authorized & that I have to dispute the charge directly with the merchant. Who can help me in getting this unauthorized charge reversed ?
    Juan J Rivera

• Dm
      May 28, 2009
    Teeth Whitening - taking money
    max white teeth
    ????
    Phone: 866-922-5522

signed up for a free trial kit for shipping and handling fee then got charged for it about 2 weeks later. i called and talked to them and someone talked to me that sounded like they were from india. i could hardly understand her. she was talking so fast i finally said fine i just do not want you to send anything else to me. cancel anything that you think i ordered. if you try and take any more money out of my account i will have my bank block you. the girl said that she canceled my order. the product doesn't work as good as other products that i have used

• Ht
      Jun 25, 2009
    Teeth Whitening - 6 unauthorised charge to my account
    whitebrites
    whitebrites.com

After I ordered the free trial kit of teeth whitening from the website whitebrites.com . I just had to pay $4.99 for shiping, 2 weeks later I had charged $88.97 twice+ $9.99 twice !!! to my account. Not yet, the next day there was $29.99 charged to my account from a club ?! in Virginia which is I have no idea what it was cuz I'm living in Texas and have never been to Virginia before. I did call to cancel and ask for the refund, they said it would take 5-7 days for the full refund to go back to my account, and I'm looking forward to that. But again, today I just checked my account and found out there was another $58.76 charged to my account from dazzlewhite whithout my authorization !!! again, I called dazzlewhite and they said it would take 5-7 days to refund my money!!!????? Now I dont want any charge to my account again, and please remove my name on your list.

• At
      Dec 21, 2009

Spread the word. Set up groups across the internet to warn people of the scams. Facebook is a good place to start.

• Ru
      Jan 15, 2010

I signed up for the tooth whitening products also. Finding out now that two of these companies are one company. PremiumWhite, DazzleWhite and BrightWhite all the same company. They don't give a cancellation number when you call. They say they will email it to you and don't put it in as a cancellation and don't send the email. Then charged me $82.++ and $86.++ and another $86.++ after I thought I canceled. My bank American credit card company was no help what so ever. They won't take the product back which I finally received and won't credit me. So I am over using my Bank of America Credit card as well. It is time to get a new credit card if they are not going to be any more helpful in getting my return. Who can we write to so these people will be put out of business?

Jan 16, 2010

I'm surprised that a credit card was unable to support asking for a credit. I had trouble with Chase Bank Visa, too, but I sent them supporting doc and they did try to get the merchant to give a refund, but the merchant gave one shortly after I started complaining. It's a total scam and I don't understand how it can continue. I know that American Express is a better card to use, because the Amex card division is better at strong arming these fraudulent merchants and getting your money back. I think there is hope, though. Can you get ahold of the AARP magazine from October 2009, or search for it online? There is an article by "Ron Burley, " the title, is "The Scam Stops Here." It's about a company that offered free trial samples. When you ordered it, you got suckered in to a subscription plan and the merchant runs up charges on your card. In this case, the Arizona State Attorney General got involved and won a $1.4M settlement for the customers. I think then, that wherever you live, you should contact your State Attorney General. I am thinking about doing that here in California. Eventually, the credit card companies cut of the merchant's account and stopped the BS. We should all give it a shot. The squeaky wheel gets... you know...

Apr 26, 2010

Good luck, I have been waiting 3 months for my 88 dollar refund and they will not give it to me they hang up on me and they are a big foreign peice of crap rip off company

• Bo
    Teeth Whitening - Credit Card Charges
    Luminous Bright teeth whitening
    Phone: 866-440-7533

I also wanted to try the teeth whitening for the trial price of 4.99 next thing I know I'm receiving packages every week or so and being charged $88.97 for each one, I didn't even get to try the first sample I received, and now after reading the first complaint, about the same problem I'm having, plus this person actually used this stuff and got sick for a couple of days, I'm glad I didn't try it, and now I to can't get a hold of any live person from this company, what a shame. I just want to return this stuff and get my money back.

• Hu
      Aug 10, 2016

I got hooked on the same scam. Free, just pay for shipping 6.99 a few days later a charge for 69.99. When I called their explanation was that it was free for 14 days and if I didn't cancel, I would be charged the full price. There has to be a law to this deceptive marketing.

• Pp
    Teeth Whitening - ADVERTISED 6.99,CHARGED 6.99 PLUS 69.99
    Virginia

I CALLED ADVANCED WELLNESS RESEARCH AGAIN TODAY. I ORDERED THE TEETH WHITENING FOR 6.99, I WAS CHARGED 6.99, .06 AND 69.99. I SPOKE TO A DIFFERENT REP TODAY CONCERNING MY REFUND. THE FIRST TIME I WAS OFFERED A 30.00 REFUND BECAUSE I DID NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT WITH A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NO. TODAY, I WAS OFFERED A 40.00 REFUND BECAUSE I DID NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT WITHIN 14 DAYS. REMEMBER NOW, THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE PRODUCT BACK (CONFIRMSTION RECEIPT BY UPS W/ TRACKING NO, ETC) AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND, SO NOW I HAVE NO PRODUCT AND NO MONEY BACK. I ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES WHY HADNT I RECEVIED A RETURN CALL FROM THEIR CONSUMER DEPT WHICH I WAS TOLD I WOULD BY THEIR ACCOUNT REP ON MAR. 30TH. TODAY I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO CONSUMER DEPT, I COULDNT CALL THE CONSUMER DEPT AND THE CONSUMER DEPT WOULD CALL. I VERY MATTER OF FACTLY TOLD THIS REP, I EXPECTED A FULL REFUND, A CALL FROM THEIR CONSUMER DEPT AND I WOULD NOT LET THIS DROP UNTIL I RECEIVED MY REFUND IN FULL. I FEEL VERY LIED TO AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING ON LINE AGAIN. I WILL BE CONTACTING MY BANK SOON AS TO WHAT I NEED TO DO TO RECOVER MY MONEY.

• Ra
    Teeth Whitening - Unauthorized Billing
    LuminousBrites.com
    1210 S. Brand Blvd.
    Glendale
    Phone: 1-866-360-1477

I ordered 'sample' on-line for $4.99. That's all i ordered and my credit card
    was billed that amount. Later that month my credit card was charged $88.97-i never requested any more product. I informed my bank and that
    charged was reversed. Also, i returned their package, Return Receipt Re-
    quested. To date i haven't heard anything. Then Dec. 2008 rolled around
    & my credit card was charged again-$88.97. I didn't request this order-
    which i returned to their 'new address'. I also called that 866#, spoke with
    Eli who said that he would cancel the account and suggest that i follow-
    up with e-mail to; [protected]@luminousbrites.com, which i did. I also-again
    informed my credit card company-Capital One Bank-and i am awaiting
    refund & any other info they supply me with.
    I'll keep u all posted!
    Sincerely,
    Raymond Epton, Sr.

• Pw
    Teeth Whitening - ADVERTISED ONE PRICE CHARGED ANOTHER
    Virginia

THE PRODUCT WAS ADVERTISED FOR 6.99 AND MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED 69.99. I WENT TO MY BANK TO FIND OUT WHAT THE CHARGE WAS FOR. AS SOON AS I REALIZED IT WAS FOR A PRODUCT I THOUGHT I WAS PAYING 6.99 FOR, I IMMEDIATLEY WENT TO MY POST OFFICE AND SENT IT BACK (UNOPENED). I CALLED THE COMPANY WHE I GOT HOME FROM THE POST OFFICE AND THE REP SAID THEY WOULD CREDIT ME 30.00 BECAUSE I DID NOT GET A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NO FIRST. I TOLD HIM THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. THERE WAS NO PAPERWORK IN THE BOX OTHER THAN MY NAME, ADDRESS AND ORDER NO., NOTHING ABOUT AT RETURN AUTHORIZATION NO. THE PRODUCT ITSELF WAS BOXED SEPERATLEY (STILL AS I HAD RECEIVED IT) THE REP SAID SOMEONE FROM THE CONSUMER DEPT WOULD CALL ME BETWEEN 24 TO 72HRS. NO ONE HAS CALLED YET. I WILL BE CONTACTING THE COMPANY AGAIN TODAY CONCERNING MY FULL REFUND.

• Gr
    Teeth Whitening - charged s/h also billed for product
    Advance Wellness Research
    4040 Silver Lake Dr
    Palatka
    Florida
    Phone: 904-568-6677

First when I called customer service I could not understand a word that was spoken to me. Is this company in the United States? I ordered product on 05/13/2009 recieved product on 05/21/2009. I paid for s/h and had not had a chance to try product and was charged the 78.00 on 05/23/2009. I imediately got on the phone with customer service and told I want my account closed and did not want the product. However, I was charged full price for the product and no refund. This is a scam to drain innocent peoples checking accounts. I have never heard of a company that starts a trial offer before you recieve product. I plan on investigating this in more detail and uncovering the fraud against hard working AMERICANS such as mysel[censored]

• Ex
      Aug 10, 2016

Same thing happened to me. The same thing happend when I ordered the Acai Nutriburst and colon cleanse products. I am no longer ordering anything online unless it's from borders.com. This is an outrage so many scams. They should be punished.

• Ia
    Teeth Whitening - over charged
    Pennsylvania

I order the teeth whitening gel for $4.99 on April 12, 2009, I checked the box that I didnt want any additional products. Why the hell am I billed $78.93 on my check card. This a damn rip off, that someone needs to look at. I am so sick of people scamming people at this day and age. I tried calling and I got some guy from India, telling me I had 14 days to cancel, well I checked the box on the Web site, duhhh.
    That should have taken care of it. Now I am out of $78.93, I havent tried the stuff yet.

• Ra
    Teeth Whitening - Refund
    Natural Source
    1529 Kilde Lane
    Sevierville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 865-774-5209
    [protected]@email.com

I ordered a trial but found out from my dentists that I had too many fillings in my front teeth that this product would not work for me. I tried contacting them with no response until the time frame to send it back had run out. They ask me to contact my phone company to confirm that I had called several times before the time was up. They finally okayed my refund and told me it would be posted immediately. From December until now, March 12, this has not happened. Then they told me it was Visa's problem and then told me to work it out with my bank. This is total run around. I would gladly accept other products that I can use in the amount of my refund just so I can get something for my money.
    I would appreciate any help I can get.

Ralph Ann Roach

• Ca
      Aug 10, 2016

My name is Carol Berardinelli I live in Kenilworth, NJ I ordered 2 products from Natural Source Store. One was Bright Teeth & the other one was MY South Beach Smile. I did the 14 day trial . I did not receive the products till a week later I was charged $6.95 for each product. I thought my 14 day trial started when I got the products. Then I got another order and was charged $79.98 for each product. I called and spoke to a man named Craig each time I called which was about 5 times. I was able to get a refund for Bright Teeth, when I called South Beach first and spoke to a woman she was very nice and had no problem giving me my refund. She ever gave me a confirmation #. I called South Beach today and again got Craig (I am sure this is not his real name, he does not sound like a Crig) he argued with me and told me the conf# was just to cancell my order..This company is a larg rip off. NATURAL SOURCE STORE is he same company for Bright Teeth & South Beach Smile, they just send you the product from different addresses, but both have the same customer service phone number. I will keep trying to get my money back. To me $79.99 is a lot of money now days. PLEASE becareful when you deal with this company. Even though they have a money back gaurentee. They SUCK