TechSkills / Poor computer support!

1 4421 Stuart Andrew DriveCharlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

I needed computer help and they just blew me off. TechSkills is really an IT school that is trying to cash in on the medical market. They offer the IT students great computer support, but the medical students get next to nothing. If you have a question you will be given a four-word answer, or you will be told that they don't know; you'll have to figure it out yourself. Really? Oh, thanks. I would strongly advise people to think twice before going to this school for medical training. You are ON YOUR OWN! Instructors help very minimally and if you have a problem, you are stuck.

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008

I was a student at TechSkills in Charlotte and I would disagree with your comment. I actually attended school when you were a student Leni and I remember the medical instructors spending a great deal of time with you. The instructors were always excellent at helping me with my problems, so maybe you just had one bad day. I don't know, but I received my certifications as I know you did too and a great thing about the medical program in Charlotte is the school has a 100 % certification pass rate on the medical exams. Now that's what I call great service. I'm saddened to read your comments b/c I thought you really enjoyed TechSkills. Atleast, that is what you expressed to me. I know I was easily able to gain employment after receiving my certifications.

20th of Apr, 2009

Computer support? You expect the IT instructors to fix your computer for you? You purchased training *NOT* tech support. Hate to break it to you, the IT instructors are there to teach their students IT, not fix your computer. If they have the time they can fix it on a best effort basis, but it was NOT a part of your training or tuition.

• Al
      29th of Jul, 2009

I would agree with you. I went to Techskills a few years ago and the instructor could not be bothered. I went to the one in San Antonio, TX. And I took my medical test twice and failed. Then the front Desk women called me and asked if I had a job or passed my test and I told her the problem. The New Instuctor called me and had me come in and told me that I am an alumni and I always have access to the school and computers and if I needed any help she was there for me. She was true to her word and I passed my Test the third time. So it isn't always the school it could be the Instructor.

Pat

• Li
      11th of Dec, 2010

I agree with the reviewer Techskills is an awful school. They are only interested in getting your money they are constantly going thru instructors. I have not been there a year and I have already been assigned 4 instructors. how good can an instructor be if they are constantly changing. oh and 2 campus directors too theyare looking for a 3rd director now. I am studying IT and they finally got 1 good instructor after I had been there 6 months. Please please do not go to Techskills. If I knew anything about this schools rep I never would have gone there. Any student that is there wishes they had not. oh and their new policy is fabulous. They require you take a test every 7 days if you dont they automatically give you a zero. yeah check out there website you are in charge of what you learn when yo you learn and how rapidly you progress. but dont take a test get a zero. so much for learning at your own pace