Techon Digital.com / Bait and Switch

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-425-9933

TechonDigital.com are scam artists!!! I ordered a Canon S5 digital cam and got an e-mail saying I needed to call their toll free number to "confirm" my order. huh?? CONFIRM WHAT?? My address and credit card match and I have NO fraud alerts on any of my cards.

I call and the guy starts out being very nice. He asked what kind of media I planned to use in the camera. I told him I had 2 one gig SD cards already, to which he quickly replies "those will NOT work in this camera and if you look on our site we have some really nice HIGH SPEED SD cards on sale"...the 1 gig card was regularly 299 dollars!!! OMG!!! They had it on "sale" for $179.00, but he told me I could get it for $79.99. What a bargain!! NOT!! (Best Buy sells these very cards, the Lexar models for $14.99!!!) He went on and on about how the cam will NOT run with a regular SD card. He also went on and on how ALKALINE batteries will NOT work in this cam as it will BURN IT UP!! (the cam comes shipped from CANON with ALKALINE batteries!!!---go figure!!) He tried and tried to convince me that I needed to buy their battery charger and a four pack of NIMH batteries for $99.99!!! ---I was getting FURIOUS by now!!!

When I told him I wanted NONE of these items and just wanted the camera he became VERY rude!!!

He tried repeatedly to TRY and sell me the "package deal" for the rock bottom price of $419.00!!

When I refused over and over (he was trying to wear me down) he then told me the cam was a "Japanese" model and the ONLY language in the camera was Japanese. The "english" version of the camera would be $379.00 instead of the $225.00 listed on their website!!! I protested loudly telling him I found NOTHING on their site that said the cam was a Japanese model. He told me I wasn't reading their "policies". He got REAL mad when I told him their $379 price for the "english" model cam was a rip because a friend at work bought the SAME Canon S5 off Circuit City's website for $299 just THIS WEEK!!! He had NOTHING to say about THAT!!!

He then said he would cancel the transaction, to which I said, PLEASE DO, AND DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD BECAUSE I WILL DISPUTE IT.

I then called my credit card company and CANCELLED the card and had them issue me another card IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARD.

I URGE ANYONE READING THIS TO CALL THEIR CARD COMPANY AND CANCEL YOUR CARD ASAP. I HAVE READ IN A COUPLE PLACES ON THE WEB THAT THESE TYPES OF PLACES HARVEST CARD NUMBERS TO BE USED IN IDENTITY THEFT!!! I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY EVEN HAVE LEGIT ELECTRONICS PRODUCTS THEY ARE SELLING. THE SITES SUCH AS EVERYPRICE.COM IS OWNED BY THESE CROOKS AND ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS ARE ENTERED, BY THE "EMPLOYEES" THERE. THIS PLACE HAS 4, 000 PLUS "POSITIVE" COMMENTS.

I PLAN TO FURTHER INVESTIGATE THESE GUYS AND FILE REPORTS WITH EVERY SINGLE PLACE I CAN, INCLUDING THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN NY STATE AND THE BETTER BIZ BUREAU.

IT'S THE WORST EVER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD ONLINE AND I HAVE BOUGHT MANY THINGS ON THE NET!!! BEWARE!!!

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008

TECHON DIGITAL are SCAMMERS - BAIT and SWITCH

I ordered the Nuvi 680 from Techon Digital a week ago, but I just got an email saying that my order was canceled because the product is out of stock. How could I have ordered it if it was out of stock? I even had to call their customer service line a couple days later to confirm my order (where they then try and sell you memory cards, cases, etc...). Do you think they could have told me that it was out of stock then? Apparently not. They are just advertising really low prices to try and get you to visit their website and buy other junk (like overpriced accessories) and then cancel the sale item. This is a classic bait and switch SCAM. They are doing this for the Nuvi 660 & 680 (and probably others). Based on previous comments, I'm glad my order got canceled. When I called customer service to try and order the 660 instead (also out of stock), they were extremely rude. They wouldn't even help me try and buy a different GPS unit! Terrible business model and failed bait and switch attempt. I was told that the website wasn't updated, but when I looked their website today the price is $15 lower than it was a week ago! So they can update the price on a product that they don't have, but can't indicate that it is no longer available? Very fishy indeed. I will never deal with these jerks again and I encourage others to STAY AWAY FROM TECHON DIGITAL!